Teven Jenkins' back "tightness"

In your medical opinion what's wrong with Teven Jenkin's back, and how long will he be gone?

• "Tightness"

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Torn muscles

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Herniated disk

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Take a handful of Vicodin and it’s go time stop being a pussy! Jk!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know how long @WindyCity or others have been following the Bears but drafting players injured in college is not exactly a new or 'Kevin White' thing
Not exactly a Bear thing either. See Darrisaw.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am really worried about Justin Fields getting Joe Burrowed.

The fact that both our starting OTs are weeks to week after a conditioning test is not making me feel any better.
Huge mobility and solidity difference. We've seen Fields take knee brakers and the worst that happened is finishing the year with a brace.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Take a handful of Vicodin and it’s go time stop being a pussy! Jk!
He will. They are trying to not have this be chronic nor have him week to week this year. Can't wait for the thread title to have an apostrophe.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
While I liked the trade up for this guy, if he did have a medical issue and it was known the trade up is yet another head scratching move by Pace who obviously gets a bit too excited on draft day.

On top of that the cutting of Leno while knowing his replacement has a back issue would be full blown idiodic.

Hope Jenkins isn't another Colombo, Williams, Carimi.... Bears suck at drafting tackles

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Relax people. Teven is fine! But is already doubtful for the Dolphins game

"Nagy has stressed that he believes things are trending in the right direction for Jenkins, but at this point it’s doubtful he will be ready for the preseason opener against the Miami Dolphins on Aug. 14."

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Mike Gundy, Jenkins’ college head coach, he opted out of the end of the season for personal reasons not based on a preexisting injury. Gundy even mentions that he would have preferred Jenkins to finish out the season...

“We’re in a time in society now where those decisions are going to be made by... in my opinion there is tremendous pressure by agents and people who have a future with these athletes beyond college football.”

Final 2:00 of this interview...

Last edited:

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Relax. This is sarcasm.

The injury time varies so much...just put your estimate in the comments.
These days every little injury is so blown up, a little paper cut keeps players from playing.

All that tough video on Tevin Jenkins made us all so hyped up on this kid. And now he looks like a pussy. What it's been like 10 days and his back still sore, REALLY?..... Nagy is known to lie to the media.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy has said he wants to participate but they won't let him. Somebody should ask him what the MRI showed to see how he reacts, LOL.

Reactions: Tee

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
According to Mike Gundy, Jenkins’ college head coach, he opted out of the end of the season for personal reasons not based on a preexisting injury. Gundy even mentions that he would have preferred Jenkins to finish out the season...

“We’re in a time in society now where those decisions are going to be made by... in my opinion there is tremendous pressure by agents and people who have a future with these athletes beyond college football.”

Final 2:00 of this interview...

What stood out to me is the 2 year projection. Teven was never about being the best he can be this year. Of course we all would like to see him take LT and be great immediately but there will be a learning curve whether he starts the year or not. Pace simply assumed that as a rookie, Teven would not be a regression from Leno. He will likely take some speed lumps early but should easily make up for it with 2nd effort that was completely lacking here last year, actually keeping his feet and moving people in the run game. Biggest problem I saw in his pass pro at LT was somewhat too much effort to mirror. He should have no problem widening the edge with some coaching and more familiarity on that side.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He had a back injury his senior season in college.

You don't need to see in the future to avoid trading up for that.
Funny you never brought it up before. If it was actually a thing, you’d have been bitching on draft day. Just now coming to light? Or did he sit out to protect draft stock like a lot of guys?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yep. I looked at 3 mocks and 2 of them had the Bears taking Jenkins at 20 - that was the extent of my "research." I assumed he was an LT since he was ranked that high, and I wanted the Bears to finally get a LT.

When I found out he primarily played RT in college is when I changed my tune.

Nice try.
So, draft analysts projecting him as a LT meant nothing when you saw he had played RT? You knew better?
We’re so lucky to have your expertise.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What stood out to me is the 2 year projection. Teven was never about being the best he can be this year. Of course we all would like to see him take LT and be great immediately but there will be a learning curve whether he starts the year or not. Pace simply assumed that as a rookie, Teven would not be a regression from Leno. He will likely take some speed lumps early but should easily make up for it with 2nd effort that was completely lacking here last year, actually keeping his feet and moving people in the run game. Biggest problem I saw in his pass pro at LT was somewhat too much effort to mirror. He should have no problem widening the edge with some coaching and more familiarity on that side.
What some people on here don’t realize and what others want to pretend isn’t true, is cutting Leno did not mean pace thought Jenkins was absolutely positively going to be left tackle from day one. It meant they needed a Cap and salary relief by getting rid of Leno and they could pick up a veteran down the road which they have already done. There’s a long way from draft day to opening day

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tevin White

Someone please tell me how this is different than Kevin White? This is following the exact same script
You mean in the sense that Pace drafted a guy who suffered an injury after the draft and meatballs blame him for not being psychic?

Same script

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think everyone just needs to take a chill pill on Jenkins atm. He's not 100% so Bears are going cautious with him. If he doesn't play at all in the preseason, that'll be concerning. Bears are thinking long term strategy with Jenkins which is the right move, no reason to rush him into action. On the positive side, this will give Borom some reps at LT and they can evaluate if he is worth a shit.
Your rational thinking is going to piss some people off!