Teven Jenkins' back "tightness"

In your medical opinion what's wrong with Teven Jenkin's back, and how long will he be gone?

• "Tightness"

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Torn muscles

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Herniated disk

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I knew Jenkins had an injury history problem, I may have passed on him. But I may have been wrong and just passed on the best tackle in football. Who knows at this point. Having just drafted Fields I would have been more conservative.
That's cool and at least you have an answer and I appreciate that you used 'may' since none of us know if he was injured going into the draft. (y)

Somebody will be wrong or right like every draft and it's no big deal but why do folks dislike post if their position doesn't offer alternatives. Nobody cares if you're wrong or right but it's the entire point of a board. Can't lose your head if you don't stick out your neck but it's weak in the eyes of the board.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
I posted this in the other thread, but I think it should be said here as well. I just finished listening to the latest Hoge and Jahns podcast. I found it interesting that Jahns mentioned that they have seen Teven Jenkins doing what sounded like some pretty serious activities that you would not do if someone had a serious back injury. He said that Jenkins was spotted pulling a golf cart with weights in it one day. Then, they didn't see him for a day or two. When they did see him next, he was pushing sled with weights up the Walter Peyton hill. IMO, you would not ask anyone with a serious back injury to do that as it would just make it worse.

So, it looks like they are testing him and his recovery. Presumably, as the podcast noted, there may have been a setback or two which is why he still has not practiced. But, I have to think that they think it is manageable to a degree if they have him pushing and pulling objects like that.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tom Thayer said this morning, since he’s not doing anything at all in practice like even taking mental reps, he’s likely a ways away from playing and may end up needing surgery at this point
Thayer called it two weeks ago