Teven Jenkins' back "tightness"

In your medical opinion what's wrong with Teven Jenkin's back, and how long will he be gone?

• "Tightness"

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Torn muscles

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Herniated disk

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yep. I looked at 3 mocks and 2 of them had the Bears taking Jenkins at 20 - that was the extent of my "research." I assumed he was an LT since he was ranked that high, and I wanted the Bears to finally get a LT.

When I found out he primarily played RT in college is when I changed my tune.

Nice try.
That still makes you wrong

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wanted darrisaw or cosmi at 20 or 52. Do not fault pace for the pick, would have preferred a true LT, but I like TJ.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Back Problems and Injuries​

Overview​

Most people will have a minor back problem at one time or another. Our body movements usually do not cause problems, but it's not surprising that symptoms develop from everyday wear and tear, overuse, or injury. Back problems and injuries often occur during sports or recreational activities, work-related tasks, or home projects.
Back pain can cause problems anywhere from the neck to the tailbone (coccyx). The back includes:
  • The bones and joints of the spine (vertebrae).
  • The discs that separate the vertebrae and absorb shock as you move.
  • The muscles and ligaments that hold the spine together.
Back injuries are the most common cause of back pain. Injuries frequently occur when you use your back muscles in activities that you do not do very often, such as lifting a heavy object or doing yard work. Minor injuries also may occur from tripping, falling a short distance, or excessive twisting of the spine. Severe back injuries may result from car crashes, falls from significant heights, direct blows to the back or the top of the head, a high-energy fall onto the buttocks, or a penetrating injury such as a stab wound.
Although back pain is often caused by an injury to one or more of the structures of the back, it may have another cause. Some people are more likely to develop back pain than others. Things that increase your risk for back pain and injury include getting older, having a family history of back pain, sitting for long periods, lifting or pulling heavy objects, and having a degenerative disease such as osteoporosis.
Slumping or slouching alone may not cause low back pain. But after the back has been strained or injured, bad posture can make pain worse. "Good posture" generally means your ears, shoulders, and hips are in a straight line. If this posture causes pain, you may have another condition such as a problem with a disc or bones in your back.
Low back pain may occur in children and teenagers, but children and teens are less likely to see a doctor for low back pain. Although most back problems occur in adults ages 20 to 50, back problems in children younger than 20 and adults older than 50 are more likely to have a serious cause.

Sudden (acute) injuries​

Pain from an injury may be sudden and severe. Bruising and swelling may develop soon after the injury. Pain from an acute injury usually does not last longer than 6 weeks. Acute injuries include:
  • An injury to the ligaments or muscles in the back, such as a sprain or a strain.
  • A fracture or dislocation of the spine. This can cause a spinal cord injury that may lead to permanent paralysis. It is important to immobilize and transport the injured person correctly to reduce the risk of permanent paralysis.
  • A torn or ruptured disc. If the tear is large enough, the jelly-like material inside the disc may leak out (herniate) and press against a nerve. See a picture of a herniated disc.
  • An injury that causes the compression of nerves in the lower back (cauda equina syndrome).

Overuse injuries​

You may not remember a specific injury, especially if your symptoms began gradually or during everyday activities. These injuries occur most often from improper movement or posture while lifting, standing, walking, or sitting, or even while sleeping. Symptoms can include pain, muscle spasms, and stiffness. The pain often goes away within 4 weeks without any treatment.

Conditions that may cause back problems​

Back pain or problems may not be related to an injury.

Treatment​

Most back pain will get better and go away by itself in 1 to 4 weeks. Home treatment will often help relieve back pain that is caused by minor injuries. It is usually a good idea to continue your regular activities while your back is healing. Avoid heavy lifting and activities that seem to make your back problems worse.
Other treatments for a back problem or injury may include first aid measures, Physiotherapy, manipulative therapy (such as chiropractic), medicine, and, in some cases, surgery. Treatment depends on:
  • The location, type, and severity of the injury.
  • Your age, health condition, and activities (such as work, sports, or hobbies).

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Tevin White

Someone please tell me how this is different than Kevin White? This is following the exact same script

You should blow a gasket on just one thing at a time. It's not good for you to do several. Just concentrate on Eddie Goldman's retirement for right now.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think everyone just needs to take a chill pill on Jenkins atm. He's not 100% so Bears are going cautious with him. If he doesn't play at all in the preseason, that'll be concerning. Bears are thinking long term strategy with Jenkins which is the right move, no reason to rush him into action. On the positive side, this will give Borom some reps at LT and they can evaluate if he is worth a shit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think everyone just needs to take a chill pill on Jenkins atm. He's not 100% so Bears are going cautious with him. If he doesn't play at all in the preseason, that'll be concerning. Bears are thinking long term strategy with Jenkins which is the right move, no reason to rush him into action. On the positive side, this will give Borom some reps at LT and they can evaluate if he is worth a shit.
They needed an LT immediately, and used a 3rd to move up, and even cut the previous LT.

This was an urgent move, he's need asap. It's not a 'wait & see' kinda thing.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They needed an LT immediately, and used a 3rd to move up, and even cut the previous LT.

This was an urgent move, he's need asap. It's not a 'wait & see kinda thing.
Of course it's an immediate need, but he's missed 7 days. SEVEN. It's a long season. Would you prefer rushing him into action and losing him for several months or worse all because you want him to practice immediately?

Like I mentioned, if he doesn't play in any preseason games, be concerned, but right now it's all meatball shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Jenkins turns out to be a very good rt, I'm ok with that. The real issue is whether Pace did his due diligence into Jenkin's back problem which resulted in his sitting out the last 4 games of his college career. If this turns out to be a chronic problem, it is the last straw for Pace's incompetence.

Nah.

If Justin Fields is the real deal no one will care about mr. stiff back anymore.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Of course it's an immediate need, but he's missed 7 days. SEVEN. It's a long season. Would you prefer rushing him into action and losing him for several months or worse all because you want him to practice immediately?

Like I mentioned, if he doesn't play in an preseason games, be concerned, but right now it's all meatball shit.

Imagine being concerned about a tackle when you just drafted the most talented player in your franchises history.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Imagine being concerned about a tackle when you just drafted the most talented player in your franchises history.
You're a QB fan boi, so that's not surprising coming from you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You should blow a gasket on just one thing at a time. It's not good for you to do several. Just concentrate on Eddie Goldman's retirement for right now.
He came back. I can focus my attention on this right now

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would anyone be worried about how we are going to protect that player?

We have all watched mediocre of worse OLs drag QBs down. Most of us don’t want to watch it again.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We literally said the exact same thing about Kevin White.

Missing 2 weeks because you blew your back during a conditioning test… is concerning.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And, let's be honest, if Jenkins can't go first few weeks of the season who cares. It's going to be Dalton getting his shit knocked in

napo55

Liked Posts:
Nah.

If Justin Fields is the real deal no one will care about mr. stiff back anymore.
Pace absolutely lucked into Fields at 11 because several teams passed. Don't give him too much credit although he does get credit for making the trade, But trading up for a chronically injured player (if that's what Jenkins turns out to be) is not what a decent GM does.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
That’s the problem with a lot of Bears fans though, they aren’t patient. Missing reps during his rooking training camp means he’s gonna be a below average player…….

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Pace absolutely lucked into Fields at 11 because several teams passed. Don't give him too much credit although he does get credit for making the trade, But trading up for a chronically injured player (if that's what Jenkins turns out to be) is not what a decent GM does.
Teams/GMs luck out with players falling to them every single draft. Pace gets 100% credit for Fields being a Bear. So Jenkins is a chronically injured player now? Interesting take on the situation