Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace's last draft is looking pretty studly at this point.
That's an unpopular like but I did. 5th round, Borom. 6th round, Herbert. I'm not convinced on Borom as perennial starter yet but not bad for the 1st 4 picks. 2020 wasn't bad either.

No #1 due to Mack
  • Cole Kmet (2nd round, pick 43) ...
  • Jaylon Johnson (2nd round, pick 50) ...
  • Trevis Gipson (5th round, pick 155) ...
  • Kindle Vildor (5th round, pick 163) ...
  • Darnell Mooney (5th round, pick 173) ...
Mooney and Gipson were the dreaded trade ups. Johnson pick acquired in the Mack trade and he's #1 talent. I'm not defending Pace overal here as his cap management was horrid, other drafts clearly less good, FA poor and his amouris had him do a deal like Mack before the team was ready for it, not to mention his inferior coaching staffs outside of 1 DC.

I was on record as liking the last 2 drafts that certain posters railed against due to the trade ups. 3 of the 4 trade ups of 20 and 21 look like slam dunks right now and Gipson also looks like he belongs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Moving Jenkins to RT feels a lot like Kyle Long - the sequel. Jenkins didn't look any better on the outside last year than Borom did. This coaching staff decided early on that Jenkins best position is inside. No surprise there. A lot of draft projections on Jenkins arrived at the same conclusion. Long is a prime example of leaving a talented OL at his best position. Brandon Scherff is another one. Just leave Jenkins right where he is, and use him as a cornerstone for rebuilding the OL...
In his 2nd start, once he got his feet under him after the back surgery, I thought he clearly looked better than Borom but it's a small sample size. Borom's hand fighting and balance were dreadful last year and this board overrated his play. That's fine since he was a 5th round starter learning the NFL and the last staff keeping the outside guys fat didn't help either. I still believe Jenkins is a better RT than Borom but he has all pro potential at G so I have no problem leaving him there.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The first time he had first crack and picked the wrong one. This time 3 options wrre gone which only left Fields and Jones and that choice was easy because Jones doesnt have the deep ball that Reid's system requires.
This. It's hard to choose QBs in most drafts and why I wanted a trade down in 2017. That said, I was fine with Mitch:mad: (not so much that particular trade up but knew why he did it to get his guy).

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Pace did some good things in the middle to later rounds of the draft, although missed a lot in the early rounds until Fields. His single biggest mistake however was Matt Nagy.

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Pace did some good things in the middle to later rounds of the draft, although missed a lot in the early rounds until Fields. His single biggest mistake however was Matt Nagy.
...and trading up to draft Trubisky

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Pace had 4 top 10 picks in a row. None of them are on the team and only 1 amounted to much. And the next is bad too:

Drafted players on the team
2015 - 0
2016 - 2
2017 - 1
2018 - 0
2019 - 1
2020 - 5
2021 - 4

Nail in the coffin: Wins = 42; Losses = 54

Yesh