1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reiff is by no means safe. If he is not considerably better than Jenkins or Borom then let one of the young guys start. That would save you money too as his base is only 3.5m and jumps to 12.5m with performance incentives.

He’s an absolute lock IMO. Why else would they hold him out? They also paid him. He’s a starter.

Just my opinion.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed

Like to see them put Jenkins at RG.....if he's healthy and worthy of a 2nd round pick he should be competing with Schofield to start
Poles wants his Guards to be athletic and get out to the second level to block LB's, not sure Jenkins is made for that. Jenkins is a mauler and wants to lock on his guy and bury him. Besides, has the coaching staff even repped him at Guard this TC?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He’s an absolute lock IMO. Why else would they hold him out? They also paid him. He’s a starter.

Just my opinion.
If he doesn't start then he only gets paid 3.5m. He is obviously the favorite but Bears probably have a good handle on his level of play. He is an average Tackle. The question is whether anyone can show they can be more than that over the next few weeks.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I thought I saw the same though didn't watch any replays. To be fair he had his share of rust too like Schofield.
Yeah I didn’t watch any replays either so could be wrong but that’s how I remembered it life. He’s definitely working off a lot of rust too so it’ll be interesting to see how he progresses

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Poles wants his Guards to be athletic and get out to the second level to block LB's, not sure Jenkins is made for that. Jenkins is a mauler and wants to lock on his guy and bury him. Besides, has the coaching staff even repped him at Guard this TC?
Haven’t seen him at RG but I could have missed it. I just think with Jenkins he’s more of an in the phone booth type of blocker, similar to Kyle Long. I think the quicker edge rushers will give him a lot of problems at RT. It may just be that he’s not a good fit anywhere in this new scheme. Although, the talent is certainly there. Just needs to shake off rust and find his best spot to rep

msadows

Liked Posts:

Yes, jenkins has seen some time at RG in training camp

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Still not sure he even makes this team or doesn’t get traded.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like the idea of Jenkins at Guard. Especially if Jones pans out. Bears desperately need Jenkins to play like a starter so they can finally fix this OL.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I like the idea of Jenkins at Guard. Especially if Jones pans out. Bears desperately need Jenkins to play like a starter so they can finally fix this OL.
If Jenkins can transition to a plus caliber RG, then all of a sudden the starting line looks pretty respectable

Jones/Whitehair/Patrick/Jenkins/Reiff

That’s a functioning OL, boys. Poles could put the finishing touches on it next year. WR too