dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Bears traded up for both these guys because they are almost certainly guaranteed starters. Yes it means less bodies, but the Bears needed a QB and an OT more than anything else. And they sacrificed a couple bodies to guarantee quality starters.
I wonder if deciding to go with just 2 players in the first 4 rounds had anything to do with saving salary cap space as much as we can or if that wasn't even a factor and they saw the guys they wanted and went up and got them.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if deciding to go with just 2 players in the first 4 rounds had anything to do with saving salary cap space as much as we can or if that wasn't even a factor and they saw the guys they wanted and went up and got them.
Nah. They just went for quality over quantity.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Start him at LT. Cut Leno.
What's that save us like $9 mil and does it have to be after June 1st or can we cut him anytime and save that much money? I wonder if we can get R.Okung, A.Villenueva cheaper than $9 mil or even old ass Jason Peters for one year.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Start him at LT. Cut Leno.
I agree. Just do it. Cast him into the fires and see what happens. Jedrick Wills Jr. played right tackle in college (for a left-handed quarterback so I'm being a LITTLE disingenuous) and that worked out pretty damn well at left.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I just also love the trade-up. After Christian Darrisaw went to Minnesota twenty-third overall there had been a sixteen pick lull of offensive tackles taken. Most just because the teams selecting in that span had their guys already set at those positions, Bears kicked off a major run at that position that featured four other teams subsequently trade up to grab offensive linemen also.

And they got the best guy, or at least the highest rated guy on their board, while presumably everyone else either had to settle or also fork over extra picks to move up.

If Pace is going to be this aggressive GM who moves up all the time that's at least the right way to do it. Be the proactive team, not the reactive one.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think that had anything to do with it.....I think they wanted football players that can contribute

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stydahar/Fortmann 1936

The year I went to my prom

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I will admit that I was very happy we got Jenkins in the second round, and I still hope he turns out to be a starter, but so far.....he is approaching bust territory if he can't get a starting role.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I will admit that I was very happy we got Jenkins in the second round, and I still hope he turns out to be a starter, but so far.....he is approaching bust territory if he can't get a starting role.

Everyone was happy to get him...lol

He was the player a lot of mocks and news outlets had us taking at #20.

Imagine if we actually didn't draft fields and that was our guy at #20. DAMN.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Is Charles Leno the best tackle the Bears have drafted in the last 20 years?
I think he has to be right.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Is Charles Leno the best tackle the Bears have drafted in the last 20 years?
I think he has to be right.
Marc Colombo drafted exactly twenty years ago now. He had a nice career in Dallas.

Not counting him I'd say Jordan Mills has probably been about as good as Charles Leno Jr. in the NFL, I don't know if either has been so outstanding that you could really say either way. Both certianly had moments where they were fucking awful.

But yeah, not a pretty list.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tucky has spoken and nobody cares. What kinda shit you making up today?