Teven Jenkins, RT

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So we still have three sixth round picks right?

Because I thought we started the draft with four. Or maybe we started with three and now have two.

Either way I could see them packaging the fifth round and the rest of their sixth round picks to move into the fourth round.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Love Jenkins but suspect he'll never be a LT. Not belaboring it as I hope I'm wrong, God, did I hate the CW pick. I hate taking 'finesse' LTs. If they fail at LT as they often do, Guys like CW and Spriggs fail everywhere on the line.
Its OK if he's never an LT, if he develops into a Taylor Moton or Lane Johnson type right tackle (which is well within his ability) it'll make life for the Bears very easy.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Think about who Jenkins is going to be facing this year in division play on running situations. Now consider when Kmet is lined up next to him in rpos. After this pick Ill be real surprised if Fields dont start game 1. Kids a fighter, he gonna get his.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So we still have three sixth round picks right?

Because I thought we started the draft with four. Or maybe we started with three and now have two.

Either way I could see them packaging the fifth round and the rest of their sixth round picks to move into the fourth round.

great...a three man draft class.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its OK if he's never an LT, if he develops into a Taylor Moton or Lane Johnson type right tackle (which is well within his ability) it'll make life for the Bears very easy.
Yup.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Think about who Jenkins is going to be facing this year in division play on running situations. Now consider when Kmet is lined up next to him in rpos. After this pick Ill be real surprised if Fields dont start game 1. Kids a fighter, he gonna get his.
The Packers are soft up front. Bears just got significantly tougher up front.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Can ifedi play left tackle?
If anything, Jenkins said in his interview that he's been practicing LT all offseason, and would be the obvious replacement at that position as he's MILES ahead of ifedi in skills

Reactions: Myk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Actually, it makes it so Fields doesn’t have to be pressed into starting before he’s ready. This team can be decent with Dalton, and that’s a plus.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
@Montucky - Just curious if you're done cunting now about prioritizing a franchise QB above OL help now?
I am thrilled. I have doubts about Fields and I've made them known. It helps a tremendous amount that the player they "passed" on when they made yesterday's trade wound up falling into their laps anyways.

I'm going to try and be as positive as possible about Justin Fields, this pick was the best thing the Bears could've done to give their quarterback a chance at success.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
RT is just as important as LT. Plenty of the best pass rushers line up over the right side, and he'll be taking on one of the best in practice. I couldn't be happier.

This dude is nasty. A real bear of a dude. Couldn't be more fitting that he play in CHI.