Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If he turns into a top shelf G, worth it.
If he has more back problems it wasn't worth it. And Pace knew he had a back injury before he drafted him.

But anyway, I respectfully disagree. I had this same argument last year where I insisted he should play LT. A few posters said either OT spot was fine...and added that it would be disappointing if he got relegated to RG. The goal posts keep moving.

Like I've said before, some Bears fans would think it was worth 3 draft picks for a low skill position player as long as he was a starter on the Bears crappy, no depth roster.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I am a little concerned there was talk of trading this guy. Bears aren't in the position to be too picky about our OL right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he has more back problems it wasn't worth it. And Pace knew he had a back injury before he drafted him.

But anyway, I respectfully disagree. I had this same argument last year where I insisted he should play LT. A few posters said either OT spot was fine...and added that it would be disappointing if he got relegated to RG. The goal posts keep moving.

Like I've said before, some Bears fans would think it was worth 3 draft picks for a low skill position player as long as he was a starter on the Bears crappy, no depth roster.
He was drafted in the same slot as James Daniels in what was considered one of the weakest drafts in history. Nobody complained about and many wanted to draft a G in 2 this year. Personally, I think you can develop Gs and you don't take them that early unless there's great need or they're special. Still too early to tell what's up but so far he looks like he'll be special at G if he stays on this track. He did miss one assignment on Sunday but dominated other times. I still think he'd be a better T than Borom but he may be special at G.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If you get a really good say top 5 at his position player, with any pick, that is a good pick.

I don't think most people understand the hit rate in the draft, even in the first round and certainly in the second or third rounds.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The goal posts never moved. You just don't know or remember who you argued with about it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If you can't control the line of scrimmage, you're not going to win very many games. If you consistently allow pressure up the middle, you're not going to win very many games. We've witnessed this time and time again over the past several seasons. Dumb dick posters like to think the G position isn't very important in spite of what they've witnessed. Imagine.

JaSt DwaFT a gUyZ IN dA 4TH rOUnD FoR Dem POsiTioNs and deY WIll beE FINe!!!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It was a fair trade.

Picks Given: 52, 83, 204 = 564 points

Picks received: 39,151. = 541 points.

That difference (23 points) is a 6th round pick. That's nothing.

And 151 got Borom. Bears got Jenkins and Borom in that trade.