Tevin Jenkins Scouting Report

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Ifedi being the starting RG would be a mistake. Whitehair-Mustipher-Daniels is the most talented interior. Removing mustipher from C is a mistake because both the other two have failed at C

Maybe but I think Mustipher benefited from playing at the point in the schedule where we played bad teams.

Ifedi will not play RG. Whitehair will. They will start Mustipher at C.

We will see. I think it is doubtful they start him out of the gate.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Maybe but I think Mustipher benefited from playing at the point in the schedule where we played bad teams.

We will see. I think it is doubtful they start him out of the gate.

Maybe you forgot that when we played bad teams like DET and MIN when Whitehair was still at C the line play was awful. It got much better with Mustipher at C. That isn’t just a coincidence.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The line will be

Leno/Whitehair/Mustipher/Daniels/Jenkins

With

Ifedi/Bars/Wilkinson as primary backups

Simmons Hambright eisen as the 9th and/or ps candidates

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Maybe you forgot that when we played bad teams like DET and MIN when Whitehair was still at C the line play was awful. It got much better with Mustipher at C. That isn’t just a coincidence.
Whitehair will play LG. The coaches have confirmed it's his best position. Daniels is more versatile and can transition to RG.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The line will be

Leno/Whitehair/Mustipher/Daniels/Jenkins

With

Ifedi/Bars/Wilkinson as primary backups

Simmons Hambright eisen as the 9th and/or ps candidates

It most likely will be, but I can’t wait till Leno is gone. He is so bad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I didnt forget. I dont think it is true. Mustipher was not that good. His 2 best games were Det and Houston. The rest were below average to very bad.

But not worth arguing over. The line will work itself out one way or the other. At least we have some options now although I would still draft another lineman late.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I didnt forget. I dont think it is true. Mustipher was not that good. His 2 best games were Det and Houston. The rest were below average to very bad.

But not worth arguing over. The line will work itself out one way or the other. At least we have some options now although I would still draft another lineman late.
I would agree that the line will work itself out. I also don't think you can rule out Daniels going back to center which is his natural position. I know he struggled and was switched out, but he was drafted to be a center and personally I think he can be a very good one. I know Mustipher filled in admirably and the line played better when they made the switch, but I'm not convinced the lines improvement was solely based on Mustipher's play. I would not be surprised to see a starting lineup of Leno-Whitehair-Daniels-Ifedi-Jenkins

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess Mel Kiper was wrong then cause i was just going off of what he said when we drafted him.
You don’t know how to google because you are dangerously stupid but at least you know how to listen to mel kiper

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why exactly would that be wishful thinking? He’s started games at LT and what I’ve seen even from limited tape he’s definitely better than Leno.
But the tape we've seen from him at LT was in college and as we all know, playing any position in college is a pretty big step down from doing it in the NFL. I'm not saying he can't because i obviously don't know but it'll be interesting to see if he gets that shot.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don’t know if he’ll be good or bad at LT but i hope that if he plays at LT he is good at playing LT guys

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I disagree. Mustipher was average or slightly better in all his games. But the line was SIGNIFICANTLY better with him in making the correct line calls.

And they don't have another on the roster who can get the line calls right.

He's starting next year. And with an offseason in the system and a chance to build up his strength, he can improve.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This move gives our OL so many options and depth.

Leno
Whitehair
Daniels
Mustipher
Bars
Ifedi
Jenkins
More rookies / udfa

one thing I don’t trust the staff to put the best 5 out there seeing how last year went in evaluations..

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
We got rid of Massie not Leno. He will start at RT. We likely sign a LT in FA when we will have a ton of cap and we move on from Leno.

Hie isnt the quickest guy but he is a fit from the perspective of being used to operating at the 2nd level in the Air Raid offense. He will have guys run around him from time to time but he will swallow guys uo at the 2nd level as well.
I realize it's unlikely Jenkins will start/compete at LT because:

1. Coaches have already demonstrated an unwillingness to bench Leno, even to try anyone (like Bars)

2. Bears dumped Massie not Leno

3. Jenkins is generally not projected to be a LT because of length and perceived lack of depth movement

Still, I've also seen plenty of assessments that he can be a very good LT. For what it's worth Draft Dr Phil posted a vid assessing him and projected him as starting LT, but we know Phil loathes Leno's effort/ability.

I hope Bears have him compete at LT because I think he's better than Leno and I want to see him start his LT development immediately and hopefully start.

If Jenkins did start at LT, that would prompt the Bears to have Ifedi and Bars compete at RT, and then consider starting Leno there if they perceive Leno better than Ifedi and Bars.

But I also realize most don't consider playing RT as a detriment to developing as a LT.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He may grow into a LT but he is not there yet. Let him play RT and then in 2022 he can maybe move to LT if he shows improvement movement skills.