Tevin Jenkins starting RG for the Chicago BEARs !!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A few readable articles On Tev

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

A few readable articles On Tev

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else listen to his presser yesterday? It sounds like he still expects to be traded, or at the very least, he won’t be surprised if he is.

I’m not sure why poles would trade him. They need all the help they can get on the Oline. But then again I’m not sure why poles has done a number of things this offseason

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Anyone else listen to his presser yesterday? It sounds like he still expects to be traded, or at the very least, he won’t be surprised if he is.

I’m not sure why poles would trade him. They need all the help they can get on the Oline. But then again I’m not sure why poles has done a number of things this offseason
If you've ever played H.S., or even college sports, then you know coaches tend to have "their guys". Same can be said in the workplace. There's always one guy/woman, in upper management, that will run off someone for no logical fucking reason... other than "I don't like him/her" or "they're not my type of employee."
That shit is rampant, in the military. Especially in the medical field. It's legit the one thing I'll never miss about that workplace.

Anyhow, Poles leaked it out, to the media, that he wasn't sold/high on either Fields, or Teven Jenkins. For whatever reason, maybe it's because he's a former undrafted lineman, he has a serious hardon for getting Jenkins off the team. Which, like most people are seeing, is just fucking autistic.

napo55

Liked Posts:
If you've ever played H.S., or even college sports, then you know coaches tend to have "their guys". Same can be said in the workplace. There's always one guy/woman, in upper management, that will run off someone for no logical fucking reason... other than "I don't like him/her" or "they're not my type of employee."
That shit is rampant, in the military. Especially in the medical field. It's legit the one thing I'll never miss about that workplace.

Anyhow, Poles leaked it out, to the media, that he wasn't sold/high on either Fields, or Teven Jenkins. For whatever reason, maybe it's because he's a former undrafted lineman, he has a serious hardon for getting Jenkins off the team. Which, like most people are seeing, is just fucking autistic.
Poles seems to have a tendency to create bad feelings in players like Jenkins and Roquon. Not exactly the kind of personality you want in your GM.

As to Fields, I'm curious where you found that information?

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Poles seems to have a tendency to create bad feelings in players like Jenkins and Roquon. Not exactly the kind of personality you want in your GM.

You mean you don't remember all the "Ryan Poles doesn't have faith in Fields" bs, before the offseason program began, and after free agency? How some talking heads are saying he "didn't do anything to help his development" as far as going broke for big name WRs.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Definitely not what you want a new GM doing. I get that he's stripping the team down, and fully rebuilding. But, don't come in and piss off everyone, to the point where you lose some of the little young talent you actually do have.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The Mystery behind Jenkins is a fun topic, but if he ends up being a "good" starting RG, then I could care less about the drama.

Poles allowed Roquan and Jenkins to be on the reserve/injury/pup/redshirt whatever you want to call it, so that they could avoid fines while things were finalized. So he actually provided both something that was not required in "good faith".

When it came to the negotiations with Roqun, he established a precedent by not backing down on his offer, and by doing so, it might actually make Roquan think about having an agent. BTW, we have no idea what either side was offering in those negotiations, so offering an opinion on who was right or wrong is idiotic.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LOL. He's not their buddy or even their boss. He's the CEO and making guys earn their keep for a change.
Poles actually pointed to how the linemen didn't run to Fields aid on a late hit, hinting at Jenkins doing the right thing when others didn't. Has Poles said anything glowing about Braxton? Anything negative about Roquan or Jenkins?

"My level of belief [in Fields] is sky high," Poles said. "The way this guy is moving around the building right now is he is locked on, he is focused, he wants to be great.
"He's a first-in last-out guy and he's pulling this team together. And you can tell the effect he has on other people. All these guys, they're showing up, they're going to work, they're doing extra with him."

Why are you guys making these silly projections?

He loves Fields. He couldn't come to contract terms with Roquan but only said good things about his play and Jenkins is starting. I suspect that Jenkins' injury was moping and it took the coaches giving him a reality check to give effort again. He never punished either one for their positions.

Here's my guess on what went down with Jenkins and mind you, it's a guess as nobody except those involved seem to know. He was switch from Left to Right Tackle before the draft. When Jones looked capable, they gave Jenkins RT spot to Borom and reports after that were that a capable Jenkins was getting beat by scrubs at 2nd string RG. That had nothing to do with ability or knowing the position well enough. He was moping and they needed to get his head straight to salvage his career here. They really made him earn it and take his hits with the press on his return. Grown man stuff and he's likely better for it. Certainly looked that way last week.

Poles seems the opposite of playing favorites and is TEAM building. Doesn't mean he'll always get it right but the one thing he's absolutely not doing is making choices based on bias. Some young players like Braxton will be thrown into the fire in a developmental year but he didn't go into OTAs as a starter. He's earned it.

“Braxton’s gonna be a good player,” Whitehair said. “The way he studies, the way he understands stuff. He’s very athletic. He’s got great length. He uses his hands well. I really like where Braxton’s at right now. You can tell the kid really wants to be a good player. I think our department did a really good job finding him,” “They knew what they were looking for and I think they found a good one in him.”

discplayer

Liked Posts:
The incessant whinging about Poles from certain posters. ? Your agenda sucks, and is already tiring. Can't even wait one season to see how some of this plays out?
Thanks for naming that, sevvy. It is tiring, and a pessimistic and narrow view of the incredible mess, both roster-wise AND cap-wise/financial, that Pace left the franchise in, and which Poles must clean up.

Honestly Folks, you expect Poles, or anyone they could have hired, for that matter, to clean this up in one year? He had to dump bloated contract and fat-cat players well beyond their prime or who would not figure into the long-term success of the organization. Now, he has set up the franchise with the most cap space in the league next year. THAT is huge and should NOT be taken lightly!

We also are only getting info through the filter of the media, which is largely just speculating on what's really going on. This is a limited view also, as coaches and management are clearly not sharing all the details of what's going on behind the scenes.

Bottom line... let's try our damndest to remain patient, and do let things play out. We will eventually know more.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm telling you man, dude's a bruiser that's happiest when he gets to just maul somebody.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enough of Jenkins hurt feelings. His college coach even said he has motivational problems. Obviously something happened between OTA's and the start of TC that irked the Bears. Perhaps he ballooned back up in weight, maybe he wasn't committed because of a position change, or maybe he had shit going on. The fact is since coming back he has looked good on the field. Maybe he just needs some tough love to motivate his ass.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Enough of Jenkins hurt feelings. His college coach even said he has motivational problems. Obviously something happened between OTA's and the start of TC that irked the Bears. Perhaps he ballooned back up in weight, maybe he wasn't committed because of a position change, or maybe he had shit going on. The fact is since coming back he has looked good on the field. Maybe he just needs some tough love to motivate his ass.
I believe that's called, "growing the f up." These are grown-men who have families to feed that are going to try and make you look as bad as possible. Take it as seriously as they do.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
LOL. He's not their buddy or even their boss. He's the CEO and making guys earn their keep for a change.
Poles actually pointed to how the linemen didn't run to Fields aid on a late hit, hinting at Jenkins doing the right thing when others didn't. Has Poles said anything glowing about Braxton? Anything negative about Roquan or Jenkins?

"My level of belief [in Fields] is sky high," Poles said. "The way this guy is moving around the building right now is he is locked on, he is focused, he wants to be great.
"He's a first-in last-out guy and he's pulling this team together. And you can tell the effect he has on other people. All these guys, they're showing up, they're going to work, they're doing extra with him."

Why are you guys making these silly projections?

He loves Fields. He couldn't come to contract terms with Roquan but only said good things about his play and Jenkins is starting. I suspect that Jenkins' injury was moping and it took the coaches giving him a reality check to give effort again. He never punished either one for their positions.

Here's my guess on what went down with Jenkins and mind you, it's a guess as nobody except those involved seem to know. He was switch from Left to Right Tackle before the draft. When Jones looked capable, they gave Jenkins RT spot to Borom and reports after that were that a capable Jenkins was getting beat by scrubs at 2nd string RG. That had nothing to do with ability or knowing the position well enough. He was moping and they needed to get his head straight to salvage his career here. They really made him earn it and take his hits with the press on his return. Grown man stuff and he's likely better for it. Certainly looked that way last week.

Poles seems the opposite of playing favorites and is TEAM building. Doesn't mean he'll always get it right but the one thing he's absolutely not doing is making choices based on bias. Some young players like Braxton will be thrown into the fire in a developmental year but he didn't go into OTAs as a starter. He's earned it.

“Braxton’s gonna be a good player,” Whitehair said. “The way he studies, the way he understands stuff. He’s very athletic. He’s got great length. He uses his hands well. I really like where Braxton’s at right now. You can tell the kid really wants to be a good player. I think our department did a really good job finding him,” “They knew what they were looking for and I think they found a good one in him.”
Could be. Hopefully it works out. He seems like a guy with upside. Looking forward to watching all these young players develop.