dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is where I am at. God forbid I take the situation into consideration when judging the young man. I thought for where he was and what the situation was, he did ok for his first outing. Still not good enough overall, but he had no training camp and was tossed to the wolves, so I don't know what people expect?
The kid's far from being in football shape to. Wait until the kid gets some strength back in his legs cause he was getting pushed back pretty easily. He's got a lot of work to do for the rest of this season, depending on Peters, and needs to work hard in the offseason.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
He needs to work on his punch and hand placement (among other things).

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Tough rookie year for the kid. First the injury and now getting put in probably a bit earlier than anyone would have liked.

I hope he builds off this start and shows a couple flashes. Give him something positive to build off of.

If I'm really searching for positives, his back held up, which is good.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Good mobility for a guy his size down field. His knee bend and lateral agility in pass sets were not good. Hopefully that is from lack of flexibility due to back issues and not playing for a while.

One of his holding penalties came on a play where he was fucking split out like a WR and one on one with a CB in space. Seriously who the fuck does that even with a guy who is healthy and experienced? I couldn't believe that.

I thought he did well when bullrushed, which is a extremely important for a LT. He got beat bad on a dip and rip, which is going to be trouble for a guy with flexibility issues. He also set way too shallow on that play, which is probably due to inexperience and not engaging the DE right off the snap.
Wouldn't mind if our base defense kept two TEs on the field, one over each tackle. Give the guys the help they need to succeed, so Fields has the kind of protection he needs to succeed. It all starts there!

Each of our TEs has soft enough hands to make a catch when their number gets called, and aren't really much worse than our WR corps, so we aren't really worse off by having multiple TEs on the field on pass plays.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't mind if our base defense kept two TEs on the field, one over each tackle. Give the guys the help they need to succeed, so Fields has the kind of protection he needs to succeed. It all starts there!

Each of our TEs has soft enough hands to make a catch when their number gets called, and aren't really much worse than our WR corps, so we aren't really worse off by having multiple TEs on the field on pass plays.
The limiting factor is what it does to route concepts. But that doesn't matter since we run hitches most plays anyway.

Also I don't think borom needs the TE help every play he's got quick feet. Jenkins definitely needs the help for the time being