Texans President resigns

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shows you they are not trading Watson

People are going to say Texans are a mess, but at least the’re starting to do something about it.

Bears are a joke and yet nothing has changed.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:

People are going to say Texans are a mess, but at least the’re starting to do something about it.

I'd rather be a Bears fan and deal with the Teddy and Pace shit show then follow the dumpster fire brewing in Houston. Easterby is a cancerous tumor they refuse to remove, and I 100% support Deshaun sitting out this year if they don't facilitate a trade.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Texans need to do whatever to make Watson happy. I am not sure you can ever get a equal return for a player of that magnitude.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Texans need to do whatever to make Watson happy. I am not sure you can ever get a equal return for a player of that magnitude.
The problem is they've had opportunity after opportunity to make things right and correct course. They haven't and they're reaping what they sewn. If they were really committed to him they wouldn't have promised him input on GM/HC and then rescinded that offer. McNair allowed his organization to shit their pants and now they have to sit in it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Snake oil salesman running the show in Houston. Owner is getting fleeced right before his own eyes and Watson will not be playing for them imo this is even further proof

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What happens with Watson in this situation is going to be a great litmus test for the power of the player in the NFL. Right now I'd probably argue that between the NFL, NBA, and the MLB (I can't/won't speak to the NHL), that players in the NFL have the least amount of power. I'm really not sure that holding out/asking for a trade really is the power play that they think it is, but if Watson can affect an organizational change at the upper levels that is a massive boost to the players.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not really a good thing as likely means more power for Esterby whom Watson allegedly hates. Rootes actually clashed with Esterby.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schefter just said that Rootes was not forced out. He said that much like Watson, he just wanted out of that organization. Schefter said that Esterby/Caserio think everything is fine, while everyone else around them is trying to get out of Houston.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
I'd rather be a Bears fan and deal with the Teddy and Pace shit show then follow the dumpster fire brewing in Houston. Easterby is a cancerous tumor they refuse to remove, and I 100% support Deshaun sitting out this year if they don't facilitate a trade.
But isn’t Teddy a cancer too???

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
But isn’t Teddy a cancer too???
He's more of a cyst that needs to be removed. Like the Bears front office is/has been a mess, but the Easterby McNair combo is actively rotting that organization into nothing. They're apples and oranges. I've never seen a player on the Bears actively demand to be out like this. Closest that comes to mind is Thomas Jones back in the day but that was due to ole Cedric getting the knod.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Uh, okay. No?

This doesn't make it seem like the Texans are finally getting their shit together. This makes it seem like the ship is on fire and sinking. This seems like Watson will want out even more now.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, okay. No?

This doesn't make it seem like the Texans are finally getting their shit together. This makes it seem like the ship is on fire and sinking. This seems like Watson will want out even more now.

Im gonna be honest. When I first heard the news, I thought he was being forced to resign to make Watson happy. I didn't realize this guy was resigning to get away from the problem. My bad. My bad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson will be a bear. I know it in my bones

I honestly think this too. My only fear is Pace doesn't realize it yet and is going to do something stupid that prevents this. He just needs to sit tight until the Watson situation blows up closer to the new league year starting.