dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yup. Dumping Eddie’s contract, at this point, would be a positive. And I don’t mean to be a naysayer, guys, but Roquan isn’t going to end up the All Pro we all thought, although he is good.

Roquan has the talent to be an all pro and i think was a top 5 ILB in the entire league this year. It'll be up to him and him staying healthy if he does keep playing like he did this year, if he does he'll be all pro cause he played like it this year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is amusing and depressing watching a franchise that has never had an elite QB worrying about how they might replace players at positions the franchise has never had a problem finding.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The Bears Should Be Able to Meet the Reported Asking Price on Deshaun Watson
January 31, 2021, by Luis Medina Chicago Bears
I’ve been asking myself “what does a Deshaun Watson trade even look like?” on the hour every hour since news of his trade request surfaced earlier in the week. Because, try as I might, even my most outlandish Bears-centric pitches left me wondering if that was enough. And even after the Matthew Stafford-Jared Goff trade became the first domino to tall and ultimately set the market, I still couldn’t come to something that felt like it was enough to move the needle on a Watson trade.

But maybe this tweet from long-time Texans reporter John McClain provides an inkling as to what the asking price will be:

John McClain
@McClain_on_NFL

The Rams-Lions trade will have nothing to do with a Watson trade if the Texans do it. They'll want 2 ones, 2 twos and 2 young defensive starters, at the least. Watson, 25, under contract, great QB, team leader, beloved by fans, pillar of the community. Start with the Jets.
10:48 AM · Jan 31, 2021

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yup. Dumping Eddie’s contract, at this point, would be a positive. And I don’t mean to be a naysayer, guys, but Roquan isn’t going to end up the All Pro we all thought, although he is good.

Sorry that's incorrect

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nichols, Smith can go

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is amusing and depressing watching a franchise that has never had an elite QB worrying about how they might replace players at positions the franchise has never had a problem finding.
Personally I’d try to trade everyone but Roquan first but if that’s what it took you have to do it.

A team with Watson and Quan has both captains cemented for the near future and you build around those two. But a team without a good QB will never compete in the NFL today.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
2021 1/2rd
2022 1/2rd
Any 2 of these players
Roquan
Hicks
Mack
E Jackson
K Fuller
Goldman
I’m 100% in on this

Mack and Jackson have the most years left in their contract

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Leo is worried the bears won’t have picks you find a backup rb.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Problem is, Fuller isnt considered young. But it would be nice to ditch that contract
Yeah , but 2 Pro Bowlers in Fuller and EJ that fit the Cover 2 that Lovie runs. It's a good argument for the 2 plus they carry zero cap hit for the Texans to cut or trade after next season, so gives them tons of flexibility.

Last edited:

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Lol and we'll just end up a 4-12 team like the Texans with less of a future.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Texans are not going to take Fuller who is a FA and costly. Or Jackson. They want players that are cost controlled. So that is Johnson and Smith. Johnson has 3 years on his rookie deal and they can pick up Smith's 5th year option so have him for 2 years before FA.

Smith can be Briggs in Lovie's cover 2 and Johnson can be Tillman.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The only reason Roquan was not All Pro this year was the team stunk. He clearly had a better season than some who made it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Texans are not going to take Fuller who is a FA and costly. Or Jackson. They your players that are cost controlled. So that is Johnson and Smith. Johnson has 3 years om his rookie deal and they can pick up Smith's 5th year option so have him for 2 years before FA.

Smith can be Briggs in Lovie's cover 2 and Johnson can be Tillman.
If Lovie gets to have any say, we can send them slow white guys who cant tackle to play safety. Any volunteers?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Interesting take.

"We had a great MLB in the 60's, in the 80's and in the 2000's, so one will automatically be available in 2021!"