Texans reporter on what it will take to get Watson

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just me but as much as I'd like Watson but it's crazy talk with all these reports on what the Bears should give up. Six high picks plus players for one guy. Your giving up your future in hopes that Watson would be GREAT, greater than great, with what's left on this team. What if Nagy screws him up like he did Mitch? Watson gets hurt on day one? Like going to Vegas with everything you have just to bet on red. So many major holes on the Bears to fill also. Would I like to see Watson here....you bet, but not at this price. Lions robbed the Rams this week in their trade, this trade would be like robbing Ft Knox

Think Mitch came pre-screwed.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It will be a rebuild no matter what if we get watson.

This team won't be good the next couple years no matter what. Even if we don't give up JJ/Quan we won't be able to afford to keep mack/hicks/fuller in the long run. The defense will still sputter with the lack of draft picks.

We have to go with the trend in the nfl and just build on this offense.

True. And Watson with A Rob, Cohen, Montgomery, Kmet, Mooney and Miller/Graham is a really nice core of offensive players. That’s probably a top 5 offense easy, at least with a capable coach

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
My thoughts of a semi-reasonable trade would be
2021 1st
2021 3rd
2022 2nd
2023 2nd
Roquan Smith
Bilal Nichols

Roquan should have been 1st team all pro so I took I replaced a future first with a 3rd this year.
This also leaves us with some draft capitol to build something around Watson.
I know this won't happen but I would like with this deal

Bust

Liked Posts:
Just me but as much as I'd like Watson but it's crazy talk with all these reports on what the Bears should give up. Six high picks plus players for one guy. Your giving up your future in hopes that Watson would be GREAT, greater than great, with what's left on this team. What if Nagy screws him up like he did Mitch? Watson gets hurt on day one? Like going to Vegas with everything you have just to bet on red. So many major holes on the Bears to fill also. Would I like to see Watson here....you bet, but not at this price. Lions robbed the Rams this week in their trade, this trade would be like robbing Ft Knox

Teams have recovered when they landed a franchise QB tho. Look no further, Ditka's Saints and the Ricky Williams trade.

1999 Draft, Ditka gave up 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round pick to the Redskins. The Redskins also got the Saints 1st and 3rd round pick in 2000. The Saints 1st round pick in 2000 ended up being 2nd overall.

Yet the Saints fared better in team success over the years compared to both the Redskins and Bears, lol

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
The news from the Texans top beat reporter enhances the Bears value as a trade partner tremendously. Imagine if they wanted offensive starters.

Im not going to nitpick what they may have to give up.

Whatever it takes.
Absolutely whatever it takes. Solving the QB problem in the NFL is the hardest thing to do. Coaches, olines, and lesser important positions can be replaced and improved. Bears don't have to be superbowl contenders next year if they get Watson. The Bears window would then be Watson's productive window. Likely 10+ years.

And people are saying no because of a very good, but undersized, injury prone, work ethic challenged MLB. Fucking Bears fans.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've mentioned before to posters if pace gets watson his resume is basically wiped clean. Every mistake is forgiven, and he starts fresh.

Does not matter what it takes. Just get a real top 5 superstar player at the most important position in all of team sports.
I actually agree. Its something we've never seen. For that im game.

JBSurfer

Liked Posts:
No way I'd do that deal. Draft a QB with every single one of those picks and you still have 2 defensive starters and money for a free agent.

Would love to have Watson, but he was still only 4-12. That's what would happen here with no defense and no incoming picks. Not too exciting. Look at Detroit. Stafford has all the impressive stats and they never could do anything with him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the Texans would be interested in:

Fuller
Goldman
21’ first and 5th
22’ first and 3rd
23’ 2nd and 3rd

Why would they be interested in players at or around the 30 yrs old mark when they're looking at rebuilding? They wouldn't.

This is why i have been saying it should be E.Jackson and J.Johnson. Some are now saying J.Johnson and R.Smith with all the 1st round picks and some 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks which is stupid. E.Jackson is only 27 and still one of the best safties in the NFL and you give them J.Johnson to help with the contract part of Jackson.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No way I'd do that deal. Draft a QB with every single one of those picks and you still have 2 defensive starters and money for a free agent.

Would love to have Watson, but he was still only 4-12. That's what would happen here with no defense and no incoming picks. Not too exciting. Look at Detroit. Stafford has all the impressive stats and they never could do anything with him.

But JailbaitSurfer, this isn't about next year, it's about the next 10-15 years.

You can rebuild with watson and be a great team. Much easier to do so when you have an elite QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why would they be interested in players at or around the 30 yrs old mark when they're looking at rebuilding? They wouldn't.

This is why i have been saying it should be E.Jackson and J.Johnson. Some are now saying J.Johnson and R.Smith with all the 1st round picks and some 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks which is stupid. E.Jackson is only 27 and still one of the best safties in the NFL and you give them J.Johnson to help with the contract part of Jackson.

Eddie goldman just turned 27, and is one of the best players at his position(NT) but I'm not sure how well he would fit into lovie's D anyways.

I'm not sure why they would want eddie jax tho, man. He's played poop lately and has a massive contract hit. I'd love it if they took him off our hands. That would be like a double win!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
More then likely yes, but we have no idea what other teams value players as.

For example, I didn't think stafford would even get a first rounder, and he got two of them. Jesus christ.

We all hate jackson, but maybe there is a scout in houston who's stroking it to jackson 2018 tape thinking of what could be.

We all hate Jackson? I don't hate Jackson and think people that are saying he sucks are out of touch with reality. People got used to what he did the year before he got his contract and now think if he doesn't do that every year that he sucks which is laughable. His tackling was not great but i've been saying that about him since year one. The turnovers weren't there cause we didn't get the type of sacks/pressure we got when he was getting the turnovers. He did have a couple INT's that were taken away from him cause of penalties.

E.Jackson is still a good safety in this league.

Many of us, including me, did think Stafford would at least bring a 1st round pick. They got an extra 1st for taking on the Goff contract. The same people that were so wrong about what Stafford would bring are now arguing about what it would take to get Watson. We're just fans and have no idea what they'll get for him besides knowing it will be a lot.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lovie's best fits for his D are:

Smith
Fuller
Nichols

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
True. And Watson with A Rob, Cohen, Montgomery, Kmet, Mooney and Miller/Graham is a really nice core of offensive players. That’s probably a top 5 offense easy, at least with a capable coach

If we get Watson and keep ARob or replace him with a legit #1 whether that be a Golladay, C.Godwin or bring his boy W.Fuller over then this offense as it sits is plenty for Watson.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We all hate Jackson? I don't hate Jackson and think people that are saying he sucks are out of touch with reality. People got used to what he did the year before he got his contract and now think if he doesn't do that every year that he sucks which is laughable. His tackling was not great but i've been saying that about him since year one. The turnovers weren't there cause we didn't get the type of sacks/pressure we got when he was getting the turnovers. He did have a couple INT's that were taken away from him cause of penalties.

E.Jackson is still a good safety in this league.

Many of us, including me, did think Stafford would at least bring a 1st round pick. They got an extra 1st for taking on the Goff contract. The same people that were so wrong about what Stafford would bring are now arguing about what it would take to get Watson. We're just fans and have no idea what they'll get for him besides knowing it will be a lot.

No, eddie sucks, my man.

Look at his passer rating against this year compared to years prior. He's trash. Can't tackle, can't cover, so what's he good for?

You are not a good DB if you give up a passer rating of 100+