Thanks Kris Bryant....

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I wonder how much money the last two years has cost him

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Amen on the thank you for KB being greedy when he had the chance to cash in nicely. Crazy how fast the China doll has flamed out.

Wasn’t there talk that the club was close to a $220M deal with Baez as well earlier this year? Financial train wreck for the team averted there if so. I still can’t figure out why a P would ever throw him a strike. True, the contact rate is a joke, but why take any risk as he is unwilling to take a walk.

And time to admit that the next Babe Ruth was a glorious hope, but in all reality is a failed experiment. Time to move on from the Schwarbs.

The one I struggle with a bit is Rizzo. My gosh is he a wonderfully likable human. The problem is that his game does not translate to consistently winning. When he is hot it is something to behold. He is usually a major part of those games where we just pulverize the opponent for a couple days. But then he turns around for multiple weeks at a time being a complete liability providing absolutely nada.

It really is time to blow this thing up. Gonna be a long painful rebuild with Theo having emptied the farm system.

There isn’t anyone on this team that Theo should be trying to tie up long term other than maybe Happ, and that would need to be a team friendly deal.

Some lean years ahead folks. At least we have been previously trained in what lies ahead. Be thankful for the run we had. It didn’t turn out long term glorious like the plan (rarely does) but they finally did do it.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
My god the gloom and doom

Complete teardowns work. That's how the Blackhawks won 3 cups by getting Kaner at #1 and Toews at #3. White Sox are on the cusp of greatness because they tanked and sold by unloading guys like Quintana, Sale, etc. Cubs with Theo did same when he first arrived when the Cubs lost 91, 101, 96 and 89 games his first 4 seasons with the team all the while unloading bad contracts and stacking draft picks.

Don't run a franchise like the Bulls with their half effort teardowns and their 20 year rebuild plan.

GO ALL IN!! BLOW IT UP !!!!! DO IT!!! CAN'T FILL STADIUMS DUE TO COVID ANYWAYS!! PERFECT TIME TANK IS NOW!!!!

Last edited:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I wonder how much money the last two years has cost him

For what it's worth, 100-150 million has been thrown around on sports talk radio.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FACT

The same morons screaming trade em all, blow it up, dump them all for prospects....will be the first dipshits in here bitching because the Cubs are losing 90 games.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
THIS is why I dislike the best of 3 WC. You won't convince me the Marlins a superior team, but cold bats for 2 friggin games and season is dunzo. My fear going into it honestly.

Add in the fact that the second half of those games were not competitive IMHO. That time of year it's stupid to play afternoon games with the sun fucking up the pitcher/batter vision after the 5th/6th innings. Even the commentators couldn't stop bringing up how it's nearly impossible for batters to see the ball coming off the hand and how it becomes invisible for a portion when it goes from light to shadows mid-pitch. At one point it's shadow - bright light - shadow again. WTF?

If a team isn't ahead early, it's MUCH harder to hit later when this happens. Yeah, yeah, a few will guess and swing blindly into contact. It happens to both teams yes; but no denying it's not optimal competitive conditions one would expect for playoffs, much less first to 2 do or die. Just a disappointing situation overall. Bottom line, it's on Cubs to hit and score. Can't leave 7 on base and never plate 2.

And no, it doesn't mean blow it up. Good lord.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
So you skipped the final 44 games, all of last year, etc and just watched the WC games and deduced that their issue is simply playing at the wrong time of day? Brilliant.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
When BAez, Schwarbs, KB, and Rizzo go 0 for 15. You arent going to win. The Cubs will make moves but who is the question. I see Rizzo coming back on the Cubs option because he is gold glove with a consistent bat. Baez I would think would stay due to his spectacular glove and know his bat is more of an anomaly this year. Schwarbs has never gotten past that line that everyone think he has in him. KB is the biggest mystery. Did he really lose it. Is it just mental. I mean this guy crushed everything until he got the shoulder problem. The problem is the short season is so weird that its hard to actually judge. Thye cant keep them all so there will be changes. Gonna be a weird off season. But, whatveer happens 2016 will always be my greatest moments in sports. I have loved the Cubs my whole life. Seeing that ship will always be one of the greatest moments to me.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
When BAez, Schwarbs, KB, and Rizzo go 0 for 15. You arent going to win. The Cubs will make moves but who is the question. I see Rizzo coming back on the Cubs option because he is gold glove with a consistent bat. Baez I would think would stay due to his spectacular glove and know his bat is more of an anomaly this year. Schwarbs has never gotten past that line that everyone think he has in him. KB is the biggest mystery. Did he really lose it. Is it just mental. I mean this guy crushed everything until he got the shoulder problem. The problem is the short season is so weird that its hard to actually judge. Thye cant keep them all so there will be changes. Gonna be a weird off season. But, whatveer happens 2016 will always be my greatest moments in sports. I have loved the Cubs my whole life. Seeing that ship will always be one of the greatest moments to me.

I was thinking if they were going for trade value then put Contreras on the market. Caritini has proven to be a quality framer. 2 years of Wilson should get a top 100 talent back.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I was thinking if they were going for trade value then put Contreras on the market. Caritini has proven to be a quality framer. 2 years of Wilson should get a top 100 talent back.

he probably would get that type of return. Problem is, the cubs problem was offense. I don’t think going from Contreras to caratini is going to help the offense. If there’s going to be a DH, I prefer keeping them. I think it’s KB and Schwarber that need to go

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'd build this team around the top 3 pitchers and Baez, Contreras, Rizzo, and Happ. Everyone else needs to go.