Thanksgiving Dinner

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This year just going to be little different, not so traditional .
No Turkey or ham, just going to put 5 cornish hens on the rotisserie, each child gets their own. Probably going to go with an orange marmalade glaze on the little chickens.
I have 5lbs polish sausage being made, heavy , very heavy on the garlic i tell them. And whatever the wife makes for sides.
And stuffing with pork sausage and chopped apple. I guess its a little traditional.
What's on you're menu?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Smaller bird, 15 lbs, spatchcocked and roasted over oyster dressing (oysters, andouille sausage, corn bread/sourdough cubes and stuffing veg)
green bean casserole - charred french gb and shishito peppers, white miso dressing and frizzled onions on top
hasselback potato gratin - Hasselback Potato Gratin Recipe
roasted delicata squash and apples
cranberry relish
Bulleit rye manhattans, various beer and vino
Dutch Apple pie

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's on you're menu?

I am going very traditional with a turkey, mashed taters, stuffing & green beans.

Already got that going yesterday morning by cleaning the bird, patting it dry and smothering it in a dry spice rub to let it brine till Thursday morning. So much easier than a liquid brine and you get a crisper skin IMO.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am going very traditional with a turkey, mashed taters, stuffing & green beans.

Already got that going yesterday morning by cleaning the bird, patting it dry and smothering it in a dry spice rub to let it brine till Thursday morning. So much easier than a liquid brine and you get a crisper skin IMO.
did the dry brine last year, and every year going forward. spatchcock FTW, going to self-baste that dressing underneath.

and just saw THIS:

My Thxgiving is going to SLAP!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

did u toss a little baking powder into that rub????

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
spatchcocked and roasted over oyster dressing (oysters, andouille sausage, corn bread/sourdough cubes and stuffing veg)

tenor.gif

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Roasted turkey, petite green peas, mac and cheese, oyster dressing, oyster pie, shrimp and mirliton, cornbread dressing, broccoli cheese and rice, monkey bread.

I've never heard of monkey bread. Sounds like Pizza Hut cinnaparts. I'm sure it is better though.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I only make green bean casserole once a year. Excited that it is green bean casserole week:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never heard of monkey bread. Sounds like Domino's cinnaparts. I'm sure it is better though.
People make it like a dessert now but I make it as just bread. It is similar process

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
did u toss a little baking powder into that rub????
I'm doing that right now. I brined a chicken ,took it out dried with paper towels , sprinkled baking powder on it, then brushed it around , put it in the refrigerator. going to take chicken out at 1;30 put on rotisserie at 2,30.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND if you have a chest freezer - buy up 4 or 5 birds after the holiday, should get em for halve a dollar a lb or so. I cut the breasts off, dry brine and smoke for lunch meat. You'll pay up to 8 bux a lb for that shizz at the deli counter. The dark meat makes for great tacos if you braise and shred it.

Literally the cheapest protein you can get.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smaller bird, 15 lbs, spatchcocked and roasted over oyster dressing (oysters, andouille sausage, corn bread/sourdough cubes and stuffing veg)
green bean casserole - charred french gb and shishito peppers, white miso dressing and frizzled onions on top
hasselback potato gratin - Hasselback Potato Gratin Recipe
roasted delicata squash and apples
cranberry relish
Bulleit rye manhattans, various beer and vino
Dutch Apple pie
Damm that sounds like a lots of work lol

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
did the dry brine last year, and every year going forward. spatchcock FTW, going to self-baste that dressing underneath.

and just saw THIS:

My Thxgiving is going to SLAP!
These look good...