Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For all the "That 70s Show" fans out there... Have you checked this out yet?

I've only watched a few episodes. Favorite parts are with the old cast, obviously. Otherwise.... it's not BAD. Not nearly as good as the original. Red and Kitty are carrying the show.

Seems like they've tried to recreate the personalities from the originals group.

Leia = Eric
Gwen = Hyde
(Note- Eric and Hyde were best friends... so are Leia and Gwen)
Nick = Kelso
Ozzie= Fez
Nick's GF (can't remember her name)= Jackie
Jay =..... Donna?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Have you finished the whole season? I was hoping it would get better.

I also don't really get a "90's feel" from it...

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I've only watched a few episodes. Favorite parts are with the old cast, obviously. Otherwise.... it's not BAD. Not nearly as good as the original. Red and Kitty are carrying the show.

Seems like they've tried to recreate the personalities from the originals group.

Leia = Eric
Gwen = Hyde
Nick = Kelso
Ozzie= Fez
Jay =..... Donna?

I checked out 3 episodes with the fam. I agree with you. They seem to be trying to recreate the original cast. And Red and Kitty are carrying the show. I also haven't seen anything that resembles the 90's, unless it's sneaking by me.

Sequels are tough. The fans want it. And then most of the time it just doesnt tickle the nostalgia hard enough.

Maybe this gets better?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I checked out 3 episodes with the fam. I agree with you. They seem to be trying to recreate the original cast. And Red and Kitty are carrying the show. I also haven't seen anything that resembles the 90's, unless it's sneaking by me.

Sequels are tough. The fans want it. And then most of the time it just doesnt tickle the nostalgia hard enough.

Maybe this gets better?
Tickling was still acceptable in the 90’s

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was a fan of That 70s Show.

Enough I watched That 80s Show.

Idk if I can do That 90s Show.

Iwritecode

Liked Posts:

Leia = Eric
Gwen = Hyde
Nick = Kelso
Ozzie= Fez
Jay =..... Donna?

I kinda had the same thoughts. It's not BAD but it's not as good as the original.

I have to say that at least they are attempting to focus more on the new cast and only giving the old cast minor appearances. That's a mistake a lot of the other reboot/sequels from other 80s/90s era shows have had trouble with. They can't seem to balance the old cast with the new.

I have to say that the show feels a little bit like the original Saved By the Bell which was set in the 90s.

Reactions: BNB

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kitty and Red are the stars of the show.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
There are several reasons why the 90s show is considered good and not trash:

1. Nostalgia factor: Many people who watched that 70s show in their childhood or teenage years have fond memories of it, and watching this new spinoff brings back feelings of nostalgia.
  2. Timeless themes: The show often tackles universal themes, such as love, friendship, and coming of age
  3. Iconic characters: The show has memorable and well-developed characters, who have become cultural icons.
  4. Quality writing: The show was known for its clever writing and smart humor, which continues to entertain audiences.
  5. Influence on pop culture: The show will have a lasting impact on pop culture and will inspire countless other shows and movies.
Overall, the 90s show has a combination of nostalgia, timeless themes, memorable characters, quality writing, and cultural influence that make it a beloved and enduring part of popular culturre

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are several reasons why the 90s show is considered good and not trash:

1. Nostalgia factor: Many people who watched that 70s show in their childhood or teenage years have fond memories of it, and watching this new spinoff brings back feelings of nostalgia.
  2. Timeless themes: The show often tackles universal themes, such as love, friendship, and coming of age
  3. Iconic characters: The show has memorable and well-developed characters, who have become cultural icons.
  4. Quality writing: The show was known for its clever writing and smart humor, which continues to entertain audiences.
  5. Influence on pop culture: The show will have a lasting impact on pop culture and will inspire countless other shows and movies.
Overall, the 90s show has a combination of nostalgia, timeless themes, memorable characters, quality writing, and cultural influence that make it a beloved and enduring part of popular culturre

Okay, chatgpt.