That wasn't pretty, however....

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
Anytime a team walks 9 batters, comments 2 errors and has 2 catcher's interference, usually it's not a win, but the Sox somehow pulled it off and at the end of the day a win is a win. Just waiting for this team to put together a clean string of games, hopefully as the weather heats up so will they.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think I've ever seen anything like Grandal's ineptitude last night in an MLB game. It wasn't just the two interference calls, he probably dropped about six pitches, had a couple passed balls, pulled multiple strikes out of the zone, misplayed a throw where the runner missed home plate and could have been an easy out.

Last edited:

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
I don't think I've ever seen anything like Grandal's ineptitude last night in an MLB game. It was just the two interference calls, he probably dropped about six pitches, had a couple passed balls, pulled multiple strikes out of the zone, misplayed a throw where the runner missed home plate and could have been an easy out.
I agree, and dude hasn't lived up to that lofty contract so far, so far as I'm concerned he hasn't been much of an upgrade to McCann.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, and dude hasn't lived up to that lofty contract so far, so far as I'm concerned he hasn't been much of an upgrade to McCann.
McCann was a great value though, usually you have to pay Grandall money for that type of production and locker room benefit.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They've looked mostly bad but are still .500 and only a game and half out of first. The Twins have been awful to start the year and Tigers, who I was a little worried about to start the year as a potential upstart, haven't been much better. The Tribe and Royals don't have the horses to stick around in this thing.

I'm hoping getting Tim Anderson back will square away some of the defensive woes. When we get into summer hopefully these guys are loosened up and ready to play their best ball.