The 9ers look bad.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
What happened to the Honey Boo Boo avatar? Looks like my making fun of it pressured you into a change.

It’s okay. You don’t have to respond. We both know you changed it because of me. I also know you’re going to deny it and come up with some lame excuse as to why you got rid of Mama June. So I’ll just save you the embarrassment.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happened to the Honey Boo Boo avatar? Looks like my making fun of it pressured you into a change.

It’s okay. You don’t have to respond. We both know you changed it because of me. I also know you’re going to deny it and come up with some lame excuse as to why you got rid of Mama June. So I’ll just save you the embarrassment.
You are completely obsessed. Fucking weirdo.

1635172810009.png

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Romo said something last night to effect of "the Bears aren't this bad of a team" and "Nagy knows what to do to get this team back on track." I laughed.

Oh, Tony Romo, tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
Give me Tony as HC for the rest of the season, and watch what a real football mind can do......Seriously, I am not sure why a team has not picked him up....or maybe he is making too much on TV?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Give me Tony as HC for the rest of the season, and watch what a real football mind can do......Seriously, I am not sure why a team has not picked him up....or maybe he is making too much on TV?
He's making a fortune in a minimum pressure job that he's really good at. Not sure why he'd ever leave.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He's making a fortune in a minimum pressure job that he's really good at. Not sure why he'd ever leave.
Yeah, and at 41 if he has not gotten into NFL coaching at some level, he would not want to leave for a lesser job....still, I think if he wanted to be back in the the thick of it, there would be several teams lining up to make an offer.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think some people are stuck on not liking certain players like Garoppolo, Goff and Trubisky. Players that are considered average but people don't want to take their situations in to account.

Neither team looked good in that weather but Frisco looked alright before that. Samuel is playing good this season but I don't remember Garoppolo having great WR's before that, only TE Kittle.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are you still here? I’ve made you look like the mouth breather you are yet you’re too dense to just disappear and move on

Let's take a step back from semantics.

Are you taking the position that Nagy being the HC brings the team to a better & stronger position, standing, and performance than another average HC and team? He improves this team and makes them contenders more than the next guy?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Let's take a step back from semantics.

Are you taking the position that Nagy being the HC brings the team to a better & stronger position, standing, and performance than another average HC and team? He improves this team and makes them contenders more than the next guy?

I’ve stated multiple times I’m not a big Nagy guy. I guess when you juxtapose me with people who think he’s the worst coach to step foot on a football field I come across as a defender. I’m really not though. I’m not pretending I’m Bill Belichick or whatever. But I’m going to watch a game and assess it as fairly as I can. And it’s obvious Fields isn’t ready and is playing terribly. And because so many people were pining for Fields and are so immature they can’t just admit that maybe he’s not ready. Or they feel by being critical of him all their hopes and dreams for him are vanished so they deflect by blaming everybody else.

Speaking of “the next guy”I remember John Fox. I remember Marc Trestman, Those are bad head coaches. Fox wasn’t that bad early when he was with Carolina. The game passed him by though and he was terrible here. Marc Trestman was a flake who can only be an offensive coordinator in the NFL. Those are bad head coaches. Matt Nagy might not be great. And it might be time to move on from him but he’s not 3-13, 4-12 bad like those guys were.

FTR Trestman was 13-19 and Fox was 14-34 in their time in Chicago. 31-24 looks like a hall of famer compared to those two. But please go on about how completely incompetent he is and how the “next guy” would be better. And he did it with trubisky. You know the worst QB in the history of the nfl? Maybe we should get Nagy’s gold jacket ready.

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve stated multiple times I’m not a big Nagy guy. I guess when you juxtapose me with people who think he’s the worst coach to step foot on a football field I come across as a defender. I’m really not though. I’m not pretending I’m Bill Belichick or whatever. But I’m going to watch a game and assess it as fairly as I can. And it’s obvious Fields isn’t ready and is playing terribly. And because so many people were pining for Fields and are so immature they can’t just admit that maybe he’s not ready. Or they feel by being critical of him all their hopes and dreams for him are vanished so they deflect by blaming everybody else.

Speaking of “the next guy”I remember John Fox. I remember Marc Trestman, Those are bad head coaches. Fox wasn’t that bad early when he was with Carolina. The game passed him by though and he was terrible here. Marc Trestman was a flake who can only be an offensive coordinator in the NFL. Those are bad head coaches. Matt Nagy might not be great. And it might be time to move on from him but he’s not 3-13, 4-12 bad like those guys were.

FTR Trestman was 13-19 and Fox was 14-34 in their time in Chicago. 31-24 looks like a hall of famer compared to those two. But please go on about how completely incompetent he is and how the “next guy” would be better. And he did it with trubisky. You know the worst QB in the history of the nfl? Maybe we should get Nagy’s gold jacket ready.

^ I agree with all of this. I'll admit, your prior posts did make it appear at face value that you were defending Nagy - NOT what CCS or fans want to hear! haha. Your post here was great to clarify IMO. Nice to see that here amongst the rabid fans??

Some Nagy defenders use W/L record as the main measure of success (or "been to playoffs"), but we know that's overly simplistic & dep. on roster talent, rebuild status, good defense, etc.

You gave great examples with Fox & Trestman being good vs. not good fits in their prior roles but bad as a HC. As with many jobs/professions, people are often promoted to the point of incompetence. Being good at one's craft does NOT mean the person is a great leader of men, manager, etc. Seems that's the case again here with Nagy.
Unfortunately Nagy's not aware of his own limitations and tried too long to be BOTH a HC & OC play caller, when his experience calling plays was only 6 games at the end of his KC days - where he had MASSIVE talent to work with (and did blow their playoff game FWIW). The sample size for him prior to CHI was too small.

Nagy has never been a HC at ANY level and it hasn't worked after 3.5 years. He's simply not a good HC & didn't have the experience when he stepped into that role in CHI.

Same thing with Fields - I agree he's not ready....certainly not ready to run a Dalton, pocket/timing based offense that Nagy prepared his team to run this year. That's why I like many was disappointed Nagy didn't prepare Fields with the 1s at all in the preseason. We also saw how bad Nagy was at changing his offense to match Mitch's talents & weaknesses. Nagy hasn't produced one good offense, it's fair to say he's not capable of designing & running 2 of them for Dalton & Fields. Sorry, but that's the job requirement (and to work with your OC & support staff). Nagy can't & hasn't been able to do that. He tried to do it all himself stubbornly and has failed at it.

What surprised me was how Nagy & Foles failed to work well together, given Foles KNOWS Nagy's offense. I think Bears didn't and still don't have the skill sets & talent Nagy was used to at KC, and he couldn't adapt, even when Foles suggested it. Foles got killed when Nagy didn't adjust. Now we're seeing Fields get killed when Nagy doesn't adjust. Not surprising really. Just a bad fit for all involved.

~~~~~~~~~~
but yeah, back to topic,

Bears will probably put up a good showing vs. San Fran, which up until now (with Nagy on Covid), would have saved Nagy's hide; but will now will crucify him more when they finally look prepared without him and Fields passes for more than 200 yards in a game for the historic first time in their 8th game!!!