1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Flawless >

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went ham and have 13 Justin Fields cards.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Two things I should probably dig out of the closet and assess the value of: '80s sports card collection, and late '80s early '90s comic books. The comic books probably have some gems in there (earliest Venom appearances, probably have most if not all of the first few years of Spawn, and so on).

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Two things I should probably dig out of the closet and assess the value of: '80s sports card collection, and late '80s early '90s comic books. The comic books probably have some gems in there (earliest Venom appearances, probably have most if not all of the first few years of Spawn, and so on).
See if you have New Mutants 98 or the Batman Adventures with the first Harley Quinn. Plus early Venoms, of course.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be clear, 13 different rookie cards.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Well, they raised the prices on retail.

Thank the flippers for that one. Too many dead blasters being broken on social media for me to fuck with retail any more.

Prizm football drops on the 24th along with Bowman baseball. I already have my case of Prizm on the way and should be here next Tuesday.

Last year around this time I sold four McDavid Cup rookies for a lot of money to one guy. A couple days ago he asked me if I wanted them back and I politely said “lol, fuck no”. I’ve been hearing disturbing shit about print runs lately that Young Guns in hockey have a 400k print run attached to them. If that’s true, and I have no reason not to think it is, that’s an awful lot of young guns. If you are paying these ridiculous prices for hockey cards in the first place you are stupid.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
And just like that, the greed of the pump and dumpers completely brought this hobby back into the stone ages.

Half of my followers on tiktok were card guys, now none of them are posting.

Tiktok and the “investors “ ruined this hobby.

There’s retail everywhere. Retail blew up the price point on blasters to the point they’re not worth the money.

NFL Prizm was 40 bucks a blaster for either four or six packs. You don’t even make your money back unless you pulled a QB in every pack or a silver QB.

Hockey went from four young guns a blaster to one. Two if you were lucky.

The breakers were pulling huge hits then not shipping them out to the winners.

Three card shops opened up in my area, and all of them were the idiots buying out retail stock. I bought out one store that was going out of business and bought his entire stock for less then a grand when he offered at first 75k for current garbage. I told him current shit had no value and nobody was buying Zach LaVine jersey cards at a sticker price of $125 when you’d be lucky to get a buck for it.

I got almost a million dollars for a lot of McDavid Cup rookies. I’m still laughing at that. I know he sold one of them and got around 34k.

I blame these influencers on social media.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Well, they raised the prices on retail.

Thank the flippers for that one.

Last year around this time I sold four McDavid Cup rookies for a lot of money to one guy. A couple days ago he asked me if I wanted them back and I politely said “lol, fuck no”.

And just like that, the greed of the pump and dumpers completely brought this hobby back into the stone ages.

Half of my followers on tiktok were card guys

Tiktok and the “investors “ ruined this hobby.

I blame these influencers on social media.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Retail prices are crazy. Went to Walmart today. $35 blasters, $15 cellos. They had more WWE prizm from earlier in the year but ebay prices are cheaper.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Well, I wasn’t an investor @FozzyBear i was first and foremost a collector from the early 80’s. I saw first hand as a child the scum bags of this hobby and decided I’d never stoop to those levels, ever. And I never did.

When the McDavid sale came thru, I wasn’t even trying to sell and the guy told me what was my price and I said as a joke a million. HE was the one who came up with a number close to that and I would have been stupid not to accept it for pieces of cardboard. That’s on him.

I made a shit ton of money during the pandemic because I had that shit the idiot investors were pumping up and sold it cheaper then everyone else because I knew the numbers wernt sustainable. I had cases of the shit.

If you were in this hobby before the pandemic you knew that cash grab wasn’t going to last. Curry low numbered cards were selling at 100k and are now hovering under 10k. That, was the “investor” idiots who came around acting like sports cards were stocks or real estate.

And here’s a funny story, I actually did a card show in the Midwest a few months ago on the tale end of the cash grab era and was the only person who made money. I was between a tiktok “influencer” and some idiot who had over priced shit that just came out. THEY were the ones complaining I was hurting THEM when I was selling trout rookies for 200 and they were asking for 1500. Fuck them. I lose no sleep over complete idiots who invested in baseball cards thinking they were gonna retire off them. That’s never going to happen unless you have graded key vintage and you paid the eight bucks 30 years ago to get your card graded. You need money to make money and your making very little off the amount you spend.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Retail prices are crazy. Went to Walmart today. $35 blasters, $15 cellos. They had more WWE prizm from earlier in the year but ebay prices are cheaper.
Wait til next year when you can buy directly from fanatics.

The prices will drop back to normal

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Well, I wasn’t an investor @FozzyBear i was first and foremost a collector from the early 80’s. I saw first hand as a child the scum bags of this hobby and decided I’d never stoop to those levels, ever. And I never did.

When the McDavid sale came thru, I wasn’t even trying to sell and the guy told me what was my price and I said as a joke a million. HE was the one who came up with a number close to that and I would have been stupid not to accept it for pieces of cardboard. That’s on him.

I made a shit ton of money during the pandemic because I had that shit the idiot investors were pumping up and sold it cheaper then everyone else because I knew the numbers wernt sustainable. I had cases of the shit.

If you were in this hobby before the pandemic you knew that cash grab wasn’t going to last. Curry low numbered cards were selling at 100k and are now hovering under 10k. That, was the “investor” idiots who came around acting like sports cards were stocks or real estate.

And here’s a funny story, I actually did a card show in the Midwest a few months ago on the tale end of the cash grab era and was the only person who made money. I was between a tiktok “influencer” and some idiot who had over priced shit that just came out. THEY were the ones complaining I was hurting THEM when I was selling trout rookies for 200 and they were asking for 1500. Fuck them. I lose no sleep over complete idiots who invested in baseball cards thinking they were gonna retire off them. That’s never going to happen unless you have graded key vintage and you paid the eight bucks 30 years ago to get your card graded. You need money to make money and your making very little off the amount you spend.

From the 80s you say. Member what 89 upperdeck n griffey did to the market, industry and the scum that brought to the collecting game. you fucks killed my innocent wax pack bubble gum collecting dreams

KBIB

Liked Posts:
From the 80s you say. Member what 89 upperdeck n griffey did to the market, industry and the scum that brought to the collecting game. you fucks killed my innocent wax pack bubble gum collecting dreams
Bruh, that was Upper Deck who pulled that shit.

Open secret they were producing 89 upper deck until the end of 1990.

Before grading took over I bought a lot of 20 Griffeys for a hundo. I might still have them in a box somewhere if you really want one.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Bruh, that was Upper Deck who pulled that shit.

Open secret they were producing 89 upper deck until the end of 1990.

Before grading took over I bought a lot of 20 Griffeys for a hundo. I might still have them in a box somewhere if you really want one.

You can take that Griffey and shove up @The Hawk s ass. After 89 upper deck, the collecting game was never the same. I dont sympathize with anyone in that racket these days. Just make all the loot you can. Keep the feels back in pre 89's M8.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I started in the mid 80's collecting... So basically all my sports ball cards are worthless.

My magic the gathering cards are far more valuable.