The all encompassing Sports Card thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Send them bulk.

Wait time depends on what you have right now. If you have a big time card like a Trout Rookie, your return is alot quicker then if you have a Topps Robert rookie.

I've been dealing with PSA for over a decade. They're pretty quick but the back log they currently are under is enormous.

Send Bulk but make sure you have a high ticket card.
Revisiting this from last fall.

As I look on PSA's website, they even sort of admit the pricing process is cart before the horse. I have to ask for a service based on the value of the card I am paying them to value.

I thought it would be something as simple as...I send the card, they value it, and they charge me based on that value. There is one price for <$199, and then a next tier, etc.

If I guess that it is under $199 will that affect their grading? What if it's better than I think and worth $275? It would be my hope they'd charge according to their determination.

I am missing the boat with my procrastination. 7 HOFs died in 2020 and 2 so far in 2021 (plus aHOF manager). I don't mean it to be morbid and mean no disrespect, but I think if the 1964 Hank Aaron I have was graded, I could sell it easier now than in three months when I get it back. But there's nothing I can do about it now except send them in.

I will follow your advice and send in bulk but I don't want to pay $ 50 each to have several cards valued if they're not worth $50 each.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Man, everywhere I go it's dry. Multiple targets, walmarts, etc.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone have advice for the best Justin Fields rookie card? Id like to buy two for my two boys that will hopefully be worth a lot of money one day. Can anyone recommend a brand/card?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Anyone have advice for the best Justin Fields rookie card? Id like to buy two for my two boys that will hopefully be worth a lot of money one day. Can anyone recommend a brand/card?

i would say limited #, auto anything. then get it graded right.

Reactions: DC

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The ones out right now (Score and a Panini exclusive) aren't really great for value honestly. You're going to have to wait until the big product comes out (Prizm, Mosiac, maybe even Donruss). But good luck finding boxes. And if you buy single, you're going to be paying especially for #'d, Auto, etc.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got a couple of Fields rookie cards, not signed. Also signed up for presale for a 2021 Panini Donruss Football Factory Set. Should be shipped end of September.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Fields rookies- anything in a Bears jersey.

His best low end will be Prizm, Silver Prizm if you get lucky. Prizm won’t release until next year.

All the crap right now is draft picks and panini will milk the hell out of it for awhile. I did pull a Fields auto out of a retail mega and there’s two Lawrence redemption pulls out of retail on YouTube, so the solid hits are trickling into retail.

As for retail, department stores know everything about what’s going on with flipping. They do see the morons running like it’s the zombie apocalypse towards the card shelves (get tiktok just for those videos, no really) and because of this greed, watch the next wave of sets to be priced considerably higher then the last wave.

I bought three Megas of Select basketball looking for elephant parallels and had no clue they were selling on eBay at 150 apiece at the time. If I did, I would have dumped them and doubled my money.

I used to say “let the fucking kids have cards too” but the kids now are just as greedy as the adults. And don’t get me started on the creepy, child molester looking clowns on YouTube who post up “we bought out all the retail in our area” videos every week who ask their fans for cards, have a patreon, and brag about taking advantage of children in card deals. It’s fuckwits like these whom I hope they get jack shit in their breaks and their guaranteed jersey card is of Otto porter with specks of Doritos dust on the fabric.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Oh, they will be back.

PWCC is Jason from Friday the 13th. This is what, the third time they’ve been banned on eBay? The second they actually start to miss PWCC’s auction fees they will magically be allowed back without any fanfare. And yes, I don’t care what any propaganda website states, PWCC has been shadow banned countless times over shill bidding same as Probstein. When the coast is clear they are always brought back.

Until there’s universally set prices on shipping instead of one seller offering free shipping but one offering 8 bucks to ship one card two states because they think they’re fooling the system,

KBIB

Liked Posts:
looks slightly off centered. not much, but its not 100% . hows that a 10
OPC cards are known for their rough, diamond cut.

If you collect opc hockey from 88/89 back, you are going to see a lot of leeway when it comes to centering.

I have a PSA 10 opc Savard rookie with 45/55 centering left to right.

I have a Topps with the exact same centering but right to left and it’s a psa 8.

That Gretzky is a beautiful card, in my opinion. A lot of people question it, but if it was pack pulled it’s the needle in the haystack and was surely slabbed the second it was pulled probably at a huge show where PSA was on site. That card does not stay in that shape sleeved and top loaded and stored for 40 years or sitting in some shoe box. The blue was too sensitive and the stock wasn’t good that year.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I got a couple of Fields rookie cards, not signed. Also signed up for presale for a 2021 Panini Donruss Football Factory Set. Should be shipped end of September.
Does the factory set have any exclusive cards?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Right now? Ebay 100%. There's too many people on there looking for cards and ebay was pretty much built around sport card sales.

If you have nice stuff, do get them graded and make as much money as you can. If you have a Mike trout rookie raw get it graded and maximize your money.

I won't buy anything off eBay unless it's graded. There's so many fakes out there right now the best thing is paying the 15 bucks so it's slabbed authentic.
Hey does anybody besides Pepperidge Farms remember when getting a card graded only cost 15 bucks?

This thread needs more pics

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mosiac should be coming very soon for NFL. I was surprised to see NBA had Optic and Mosiac on Target. lasted a while too.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Any of y’all interested in buying a whole collection of cards?

I really have no idea what it is all worth, but I was a heavy baseball and basketball card collector from about 1988 to 1998. I do have a bunch of Jordan cards(no rookie card lol).

As I get older, I feel like they just sit in albums and are really of no use to me anymore

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I understand the advice to get cards graded, but PSA now has over a year backlog.

A year ago I didn't send cards to them because they were at three months. Oops!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any of y’all interested in buying a whole collection of cards?

I really have no idea what it is all worth, but I was a heavy baseball and basketball card collector from about 1988 to 1998. I do have a bunch of Jordan cards(no rookie card lol).

As I get older, I feel like they just sit in albums and are really of no use to me anymore

I'd be interested in some. The Jordans for sure.

Do you have pics?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NBA Mosiac blasters just sitting on Target.com lol

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I understand the advice to get cards graded, but PSA now has over a year backlog.

A year ago I didn't send cards to them because they were at three months. Oops!
If you have a key card, that time frame doesn’t happen.

Send a TT trout rookie, you will get it back in a month. If you have Coby white Prizm rookies, you will sure wait that full year if not more.

I sent in a Kerry Von Erich autograph and an Andre the Giant autograph and got them both back in three weeks recently. Granted, just to be authenticated, but I’m still waiting on my Ric Flair numbered to five card.