The background music thread

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So I do not think this tread will get much traction it is something that has come to my attention in the last six months so I figured I would put it out there for others thoughts.

Having not gone out much this year and also not having any parties or large gatherings at the house we have only had a very few select couples over for dinner a few times over the summer.

I found that having some background music is nice, but not wanting anything distracting or too loud I found some smooth jazz channel that just plays comfortable noise and I don't have to think about a playlist or music that anyone doesn't like. It is just a little background sound.

I have found myself using things like this for when I am cleaning or working around the house and would like some sound in the background. Not always jazz, but a mixture of different channels of music that I do not have to make a playlist for.

What is your go to background music?

What program do you use for pre made playlists? Spotify etc?

What different playlists do you use for different activities? I don't need to hear about your baby making music...

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Is the channel on Sirius? Also what channel?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Classic 70’s for my household.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
A little Kenny G over here fam. Gets my party in the mood.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So I do not think this tread will get much traction it is something that has come to my attention in the last six months so I figured I would put it out there for others thoughts.

Having not gone out much this year and also not having any parties or large gatherings at the house we have only had a very few select couples over for dinner a few times over the summer.

I found that having some background music is nice, but not wanting anything distracting or too loud I found some smooth jazz channel that just plays comfortable noise and I don't have to think about a playlist or music that anyone doesn't like. It is just a little background sound.

I have found myself using things like this for when I am cleaning or working around the house and would like some sound in the background. Not always jazz, but a mixture of different channels of music that I do not have to make a playlist for.

What is your go to background music?

What program do you use for pre made playlists? Spotify etc?

What different playlists do you use for different activities? I don't need to hear about your baby making music...
If its background with minimal engagement desired, I go with Brian Eno/harold budd, stuff like that. Minimal techno like Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos is nice as well for working if I need some beats. If I want background stimulation I play a lot of free jazz or jazz rock from the 70s like ornette Coleman, sun Ra, miles davis.

Been doing my cooking to fela kuti.

If kids are outside, been bumping Wu Tang a lot lately

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If its background with minimal engagement desired, I go with Brian Eno/harold budd, stuff like that. Minimal techno like Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos is nice as well for working if I need some beats. If I want background stimulation I play a lot of free jazz or jazz rock from the 70s like ornette Coleman, sun Ra, miles davis.

Been doing my cooking to fela kuti.

If kids are outside, been bumping Wu Tang a lot lately
Brian Eno's Ambient 1: Music For Airports was the first thing I thought of after reading the first post.

I'd add Buckethead - Colma to this list as well.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A ton of different stuff. Depends on the mood....., Grateful Dead/Dead & Co., Tom Petty, jazz station(s), or station like Sirius Rewind, classic rock stuff.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Is the channel on Sirius? Also what channel?

It is on my xfinity package. I just voice remoted "Smooth jazz" Randomly and it worked really good, so much so that I have used it a few times.

I am sure that a sirius or spotify channel would be very similar though.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is on my xfinity package. I just voice remoted "Smooth jazz" Randomly and it worked really good, so much so that I have used it a few times.

I am sure that a sirius or spotify channel would be very similar though.

Soundscapes is good on music choice for reading, computer work, relaxing or spending quality time with the lady.

All instrumental so as backgroundy as you can get.
Channel 743.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your mention of spotify Playlists deserves its own thread.
I have a few friends with whom we make playlists of random genres and share them for a laugh.

This week we are doing glam metal deep cuts.
You get 10 songs to embody the genre.

This was mine.