The Bears’ evaluation of Allen Robinson

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Jesus what a horrible take. 1). This probably isn't "all Pace is going to do".. that is why they call it negotiations. 2). A "horrible way to ruin a season".. being a few million a year away on a contract with 15 games left in a season isn't ruined.
When did I say ruin the season? Please and thank you. I also said IF this is all he’s offered which to this point is all he’s done...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If we know one thing about pace he sells for cheap and over pays to get players he wants. If he wants ar still here he will overpay like he usually does.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For most it's not actually about what ARob is worth, it's more about the chance to come to CCS and trash Ryan Pace about anything they can. Right Westy?

Pace deserves criticism.... I am finding the Robert Quinn signing irritating.... maybe it is a fluke injury, but I've grown tired of signing FAs, especially pass rushers, who come here for good sized contracts and never fucking produce... it is a Bears tradition that Pace seems all too capable of continuing.

Pernell Mcphee?
Lamarr Houston?
Jared Allen?

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Let me preface with, I really like ARob as a player and I want him here.

That said.... are we forgetting this dude played well in JAX and we PAID the man when he was coming off a fucking torn ACL.

We paid him a nice contract, in spite of an injury which may well have spelled the end of his career as a high end WR in the NFL.

According to Spotrac, ARob is slated to bring in 13 million dollars this year....

Do we have a very good WR for under market value 4 years after the deal was signed? Yes.

Are we paying him a rookie deal when he's a top 10 player? No.

I think he should chill out, let his play do the talking, and if Pace won't pay him his value, then he's free at the end of the year and can sign wherever he wants.

It wasn't some charity that the Bears gave Allen Robinson that contract, that was the market price. Other teams were willing to roll the dice on him in free agency because he was the top WR available and high character, top 12 WR when healthy.

The Packers were also willing to pay him the same price but he chose here

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Well if JJ Stankevitz says it then it must be true. When will we learn. Everyone went crazy with a huge thread about ARob asking for a trade (Another B.Biggs lie) only to find out it wasn't true and now you think someone is all the sudden gonna let what the Bears are offering out there. If ARob's side is asking for $20 mil per then they're just as much in the wrong as the front office is.

Just give the guy somewhere around the $17-$18 mil per and be done with it.
LOL. That’s exactly what he’s asking for!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It wasn't some charity that the Bears gave Allen Robinson that contract, that was the market price. Other teams were willing to roll the dice on him in free agency because he was the top WR available and high character, top 12 WR when healthy.

The Packers were also willing to pay him the same price but he chose here

Well the Bears are the only ones who signed a contract and paid ARob actual money.

My point is Pace recognized ARob's value in spite of his injury, and paid him market value as such.

As such I have no concern about Pace properly valuing ARob.

Nothing you said has any impact on the point I was making.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Well the Bears are the only ones who signed a contract and paid ARob actual money.

My point is Pace recognized ARob's value in spite of his injury, and paid him market value as such.

As such I have no concern about Pace properly valuing ARob.

Nothing you said has any impact on the point I was making.

I'm just disagreeing about your point of there being any goodwill factor with them bringing him in and him somehow needing to remember that now.

All those other teams weren't just going to get cold feet and drop out if he picked them instead of us back in 2018.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Isn't the cap set to go down next season? That throws a monkey wrench into everything.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are probably a 6 win team without Robinson and a 7 win team with him. I would trade him rather than give him top 5 money. Bears need draft picks and have to find a better QB next year. Bears are not in position to overpay for skill players who are soon to be on the downside of their career.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Isn't the cap set to go down next season? That throws a monkey wrench into everything.
Clearly didn’t for teams like the Chiefs, Rams, and Texans who handed out huge extensions recently.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The Bears are probably a 6 win team without Robinson and a 7 win team with him. I would trade him rather than give him top 5 money. Bears need draft picks and have to find a better QB next year. Bears are not in position to overpay for skill players who are soon to be on the downside of their career.
Maybe the Bears are a 11 win team with Robinson and a 10 win team without.......

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Downside? He just turned 27 like 3 weeks ago. WRs can produce well into their 30s, especially guys who aren't dependent on speed (the thing that goes first). Not saying he's a Hall of Fame WR right now, but the all-time WR leaderboard is filled with guys that produced after 32.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
No way the Bears let A-Rob walk if he is asking for 18 mil! That is a reasonable asking price and Pace should already have this locked up if that report is true!

I get people wanting to acquire picks in order to get a new QB, but Pace and Nagy aren't in the business of losing their job. They need wins now. They don't have the luxury to completely hit the reset button. And if they are given the opportunity to move on at QB, they will need to surround them with weapons.

Look no further than Burrow who has some decent weapons. They essentially forced AJ Green to stay, have Tyler Boyd, John Ross and essentially spent a 1st rd pick on Tee Higgins. They also spent big to secure Joe Mixon in the backfield. Then compare to a team like the Jets who have surrounded Darnold with s*** receivers and aging rbs. You have to give your QB a chance to develop and I'm sorry, but Miller isn't a true #1 receiver.