dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What years did people say they were tanking? It was obvious that Pace was really going for it since 2018. Also Pace traded away 3 1sts and and selected in the top 10 4 straight years. Only Smith stuck(so far).

Thanks but people want to hear from posters who didn't suck off a complete failure and loser of a GM for 7 years.
Awwwwwww the top CCS clown is a little angry.

Nice try in baiting me in the football only thread you loser...Hahahaha
giphy.gif

ccldsaeztby2m7qjajbq49y9j83gb2j8vmje%26rid%3Dgiphy.gif

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Awwwwwww the top CCS clown is a little angry.

Nice try in baiting me in the football only thread you loser...Hahahaha
Nothing in my post suggests i'm angry but you keep doing that thing you do where you make things up and lie to yourself(because you're the only one buying it) as if they're facts.

No one is baiting you. That thread is for SFTO and as a past mod of CCS I will play my part in shutting down your attempts to derail it before it happens. I know your playbook, Nagy.

Username

Liked Posts:
Many believe it's okay for the team to go 4 and 12 this year because they believe Poles can make wise choices in the draft and free agency. So far Feilds has done good with the D, but very mediocre with the O. He's a Oline minded GM but so far his Oline is still a ? If he doesn't make the right choices next year, Arlington Park will be just as empty as it is now.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Many believe it's okay for the team to go 4 and 12 this year because they believe Poles can make wise choices in the draft and free agency. So far Feilds has done good with the D, but very mediocre with the O. He's a Oline minded GM but so far his Oline is still a ? If he doesn't make the right choices next year, Arlington Park will be just as empty as it is now.
4-12, what happened to that 17th game. Choose one below.

A) 4-13
B) 4-12-1
C) 5-12

mecha

Liked Posts:
OP: go back to being on hiatus again. thanks

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
If Fields doesn't show growth and become of franchise type QB will you say it wouldn't of mattered if Poles gave him some real talent to help him? Most teams do what they can to put talent around a 2nd round QB that just struggled in his rookie season so they don't fuck him up mentally when he's running for his life or has WR's that can't run great routes and make the tough catches or get open or whatever it may be.
Wouldn’t of???????? It’s have!!!!

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
It's pretty simple really that there was no real chance at being competitive this year. Between getting out from some less than desirable contracts and needing to go younger on both sides of the ball while also needing to adapt to the new schemes of the new coaches, there were just way too many holes to fill and a small amount of cap and few draft picks. You knew the front office was going to have to go value driven for additions to the roster. The draft approach may have helped secure the secondary for the new coaching staff but left the defensive line and linebackers in a patchwork state. The offensive side of the ball is probably even more concerning as they went after quantity versus quality in the draft hoping to hit on a late round addition and then pulling in some late free agency veterans to try and keep Fields upright and healthy. Given another draft and a more flexible free agency should hopefully put them back on the path to be competitive but this feels like a year to look for progress and development in players throughout the season knowing playoff contention isn't realistic and then look for competing for a wildcard in '23/'24 is an option (depends on how the division competition falls out) and hopefully they have personnel built to match the systems in '24/'25 and ready to try be a contender.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OP: go back to being on hiatus again. thanks

He'll do that once Mahomes and Reid blow another playoff game with poor decisions.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's pretty simple really that there was no real chance at being competitive this year. Between getting out from some less than desirable contracts and needing to go younger on both sides of the ball while also needing to adapt to the new schemes of the new coaches, there were just way too many holes to fill and a small amount of cap and few draft picks. You knew the front office was going to have to go value driven for additions to the roster. The draft approach may have helped secure the secondary for the new coaching staff but left the defensive line and linebackers in a patchwork state. The offensive side of the ball is probably even more concerning as they went after quantity versus quality in the draft hoping to hit on a late round addition and then pulling in some late free agency veterans to try and keep Fields upright and healthy. Given another draft and a more flexible free agency should hopefully put them back on the path to be competitive but this feels like a year to look for progress and development in players throughout the season knowing playoff contention isn't realistic and then look for competing for a wildcard in '23/'24 is an option (depends on how the division competition falls out) and hopefully they have personnel built to match the systems in '24/'25 and ready to try be a contender.
but, there's big name free agents that they should sign now!!

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
My guess is 4 or 5 wins. There is just no depth on the team. The starters will be competitive but rotational players also have to get the job done. I hope they lose them all, get the first pick in the draft, and trade it for some nice picks next year.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t of???????? It’s have!!!!

Okay look, I understand that perhaps you didn't see my post in another thread about my position as "Officail CCS Grammar Police", but from here on let it be known that I am in charge of pointing out posters' grammatical/spelling shortcomings. TIA.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Okay look, I understand that perhaps you didn't see my post in another thread about my position as "Officail CCS Grammar Police", but from here on let it be known that I am in charge of pointing out posters' grammatical/spelling shortcomings. TIA.

Ok. it’s all yours. Is syntax a subject of concern? Jk

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Butt, hoo iz going too checque ur gramr.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It should be evident to Bears fans by now that Poles isn't a bandaid/quick fix kind of GM.

The roster is lacking, as he isn't spending on mid level FA so you guys can win 8 games. He's going to get your cap right. Also, I can tell you that IF he thought anything of Fields, he would have done everything he could to put guys around him to help him win. It is is plain as day that Poles believed from day 1, that Fields isn't the man.

The Bears are eating 57 million in dead cap this season as I type this. Robert Quinn will probably be traded in season, ...adding 4 million more in dead cap, but saving 12 million more.

Maybe Eddie Jackson goes too....get all that dead money knocked out this year, while "tanking" for a much better QB prospect.

I see some of you.....trying to find some far fetched justifications about this upcoming season....about Fields developing.... That's delusional thinking. You don't go eating 57 million in cap, hire a defensive minded HC, if you think your young QB is legit and ascending and you are ready to start trying to compete. The evidences says you are in the midst of a teardown and cap correction. Embrace it.

Poles will do a good job of building it up when it's time, but you guys are going to have to accept that it's being torn apart and that the tear down isn't even finished yet. ....should have been done after Trubisky didn't work out, instead of drafting Fields.

It sucks having to watch another QB bust out, and spend an entire season of football, essentially waiting for it to pass, so you can get on with the NEXT year...but that's where you are. You'll be better for it since Poles is going to do it right. ....and you'll be happy about it 2 years from now when the evidence is there that this was the right thing to do.

I'm telling you, this is fir the best and Poles is the right man for the job.

Talk about such a great start to a thread, only for it to go off the rails quicker than a female Mouskateer in Hollywood...