Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Anyone trying to justify this with, "this only makes sense if they draft..." or" if this is the only QB move..." is just deluded.

There is zero, zilch, nada that makes this anything but the dumbest signing I have ever seen.

He literally has a younger, better (maybe less bad is more accurate) , and more accomplished QB on the roster to team with any rookie QB. So, now they have $10-13M less to spend on OL or WR, he is likely going to cut a guy that will cost him $10M in dead cap, and they have zero fan enthusiasm moving forward.

Just lighting $10M on fire would have been a smarter use of the money at least it wouldn't have cost cap space.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Agreed, if the plan was to draft a QB in the first the entire time then using the $10M on OL upgrades would be more productive than whatever upgrade you think comes from Dalton over Foles. Yeah Dalton is better than Foles at this point, but not in a way that changes the outcome of the season - neither are good enough to be your teams starting QB. I see it as wasting money while not fixing any of the teams problem.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone trying to justify this with, "this only makes sense if they draft..." or" if this is the only QB move..." is just deluded.

There is zero, zilch, nada that makes this anything but the dumbest signing I have ever seen.

He literally has a younger, better (maybe less bad is more accurate) , and more accomplished QB on the roster to team with any rookie QB. So, now they have $10-13M less to spend on OL or WR, he is likely going to cut a guy that will cost him $10M in dead cap, and they have zero fan enthusiasm moving forward.

Just lighting $10M on fire would have been a smarter use of the money at least it wouldn't have cost cap space.

So you don’t like the move?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Replacing Mitch with a QB who is better isn't getting worse.

One year deal, obviously not some albatross of a contract. Dont even know the guaranteed money
Better? The delusion is real.

This is why the Bears fans deserve Dalton.

They already have a bum on the team...why sign another?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How many teams are jumping at the chance to sign Mitch? Clearly if he was any good he would have been one of the first QBs signed

The only delusional ones are the ones who thought Trubisky was anything more than trash in a system that was simplified for him

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

One year deal, obviously not some albatross of a contract. Dont even know the guaranteed money
1) Andy Dalton is absolutely worse than Mitch Trubisky, significantly worse each of the last 3 seasons Comp%, TD%< INT%, passer rating...

MT
1615942305521.png

AD
1615942238253.png

B) He is not replacing Trubisky he is replacing Foles.

Bears just added $10M to their cap for a shittier older chokier version of Foles. Dumber by leaps and bounds over the Glennon signing. At least with Glennon,they didn't have the same fucking guy on the roster. This is a do absolutely nothing to get better use of $10min cap space.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
1) Andy Dalton is absolutely worse than Mitch Trubisky, significantly worse each of the last 3 seasons Comp%, TD%< INT%, passer rating...

MT
View attachment 10774

AD
View attachment 10773

Bears just added $10M to their cap for a shittier older chokier version of Foles. Dumber by leaps and bounds over the Glennon signing. At least with Glennon,they didn't have the same fucking guy on the roster. This is a do absolutely nothing to get better use of $10min cap space.
Pace is a fucking moron not sure what you were expecting. I’m disappointed but not surprised at all, he’s fucking clueless. Might as well have Ted Phillips making these decisions.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

MT
View attachment 10774

AD
View attachment 10773

Mitch is the one not on the roster so I dont know why you think he's replacing Foles

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:

But he is really not much any better. Push

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch is the one not on the roster so I dont know why you think he's replacing Foles
Do you actually think the Bears go into the season with Dalton/Foles?
:jonesy:

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Pace just spent nearly 10% of the team salary cap today on two non impact bums that wouldn’t start, post draft, on any other team. Just brilliant.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles has a big cap hit to cut. Nobody wants to trade for him so yeah...Dalton, Foles, rookie. So if you trade up for a qb does that rookie just become 3rd string and sit?

Dalton and Foles aren't exactly Ironmen. Same time, do you want to subject the rookie to a beating right away?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Dalton and Foles aren't exactly Ironmen. Same time, do you want to subject the rookie to a beating right away?
The whole thing is that the front office is in a win now mentality not rebuild mode. The approach should be to get a qb that helps this team win now if they are keeping older guys around. Andy Dalton doesn't do that. If you trade up to get a QB, yes you want that guy ready to go day 1. Mac Jones, Fields, Wilson and obviously Lawrence are day 1 starters.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The whole thing is that the front office is in a win now mentality not rebuild mode. The approach should be to get a qb that helps this team win now if they are keeping older guys around. Andy Dalton doesn't do that. If you trade up to get a QB, yes you want that guy ready to go day 1. Mac Jones, Fields, Wilson and obviously Lawrence are day 1 starters.

i agree but you cant force a team to trade you a great QB like watson or wilson