The Bears will still win the division

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Nah, it is game 1 and the Packers always look like they have a great defense against the Bears, then turnaround the next week and show that they are average. They do not have a good oline.
Packers always have the Bears number. They added a couple pieces on D that seem to have worked out for them, albeit 1 game, and adding Pettine as their DC already seems like a good investment.

The whole team crapped the bed (outside of the D). I was surprised at the lack of hearing Macks name though. Shockingly so.

I think the offense really missed Burton on top of the other crap that happened across the board.

My main issue is, this is the SAME Mitch from last year. Not a Mitch that's grown in aspects he needed to. It's like I knew when we got to the RZ he was going to throw an interception. Maybe it's being a jaded Bears fan, but I feel like he's prone to do that when the game is riding on him. His field vision was terrible.

Reality for me is, week 1 wins and losses don't tell the whole story. A lot of very good teams crap the bed in week 1 or lose games they should win. So, it could turn around and be much different by week 3-4. However, the things that were bad concern me. Especially the way Trubisky was seeing the field, and how Daniels seemed overwhelmed calling protections. I'm not giving Trubisky half the rope I was willing to give Cutler to hang himself. He has a few more games to show some growth or we need to replace him (which won't happen).

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Right now, they have a bottom 5 QB at the helm. That makes them a low tier offense. The have an elite defense. That makes them a .500 club, end of story.
At best .500. More likely below that.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Packers always have the Bears number. They added a couple pieces on D that seem to have worked out for them, albeit 1 game, and adding Pettine as their DC already seems like a good investment.

The whole team crapped the bed (outside of the D). I was surprised at the lack of hearing Macks name though. Shockingly so.

I think the offense really missed Burton on top of the other crap that happened across the board.

My main issue is, this is the SAME Mitch from last year. Not a Mitch that's grown in aspects he needed to. It's like I knew when we got to the RZ he was going to throw an interception. Maybe it's being a jaded Bears fan, but I feel like he's prone to do that when the game is riding on him. His field vision was terrible.

Reality for me is, week 1 wins and losses don't tell the whole story. A lot of very good teams crap the bed in week 1 or lose games they should win. So, it could turn around and be much different by week 3-4. However, the things that were bad concern me. Especially the way Trubisky was seeing the field, and how Daniels seemed overwhelmed calling protections. I'm not giving Trubisky half the rope I was willing to give Cutler to hang himself. He has a few more games to show some growth or we need to replace him (which won't happen).

It wasn’t the loss, it’s how they did it. Last year’s 1st game loss to the Oavkers was very different, hecho they even scored 20 points in the first half!

Either the Bears offense is terrible or GB’s D is very good, whichever it is, forget about the division now.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I mean, the Rams offense only scored 6 points against the Bears last year on the way to the Super Bowl.

The do-no-wrong Chiefs lost to the Rams and got beaten convincingly by the Seahawks—2 teams the Bears beat last year.

Point being, the NFL is weird. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the offense put 24 on Denver in 9 days.

There’s thoughtful reflection and analysis, and then there’s panicking. I’m seeing a lot of panicking today.

There’s no logical reason to believe this team as a whole is going to be worse this year, and that includes the offense.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I mean, the Rams offense only scored 6 points against the Bears last year on the way to the Super Bowl.

The do-no-wrong Chiefs lost to the Rams and got beaten convincingly by the Seahawks—2 teams the Bears beat last year.

Point being, the NFL is weird. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the offense put 24 on Denver in 9 days.

There’s thoughtful reflection and analysis, and then there’s panicking. I’m seeing a lot of panicking today.

There’s no logical reason to believe this team as a whole is going to be worse this year, and that includes the offense.

Did they played a game as bad as last night? As an offense? And against a team that probably is the 10 best they’ll face this year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If nagy can mask mitch again, then yes but if he cant.......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their defense is so good that they are going to win most games on their own. They just gotta stay healthy.

I am starting to come around to a lot of the early doubters that Trubisky is what he is at this point. He will never be better than average. Basically, Cutler level of product with different attributes. The offense has some reason for optimism if Monty can come into his own. His first game was pretty rough but he can improve.

We are going to see them grind out a lot of 20-13 type games this year with an occasional blowout vs a bad defense.

He is nowwhere near as good as Cutler. Cutler watched that game and wondered why he isn't making 30,000,000 somewhere, then went home to his wife bitching at him and kids slowly growing up to hate him. All in good time my friend, the world makes worm meal of us all, a little pain and shame before then.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
It wasn’t the loss, it’s how they did it. Last year’s 1st game loss to the Packers was very different, hecho they even scored 20 points in the first half!

Either the Bears offense is terrible or GB’s D is very good, whichever it is, forget about the division now.
Yes. It was bad. Still the 1st game of the season. Narrative can change quickly.

I'm not saying that it will, but jumping ship on game 1 is premature.

I understand your point. It was a totally different type of loss and feel. Not like last year.

I also remember Burton being a huge factor early in game 1 of last year.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Minnesota is looking better and better as division winners.
Cousins was a "dissapointment" last year with 30 tds and 10 ints and "only" 4300 yards.
They have a top 10 defense.

If they can get out of the cellar in rushing, they are going to be hard to beat for both chicago and green bay.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their defense is so good that they are going to win most games on their own. They just gotta stay healthy.

I am starting to come around to a lot of the early doubters that Trubisky is what he is at this point. He will never be better than average. Basically, Cutler level of product with different attributes. The offense has some reason for optimism if Monty can come into his own. His first game was pretty rough but he can improve.

We are going to see them grind out a lot of 20-13 type games this year with an occasional blowout vs a bad defense.

How are they going to win when the QB can only muster up 3 points?

4nobject

Liked Posts:
Been watching the bears for 40 years, they are not making the playoff this year. They will go 0-2 vs green bay,most likely 0-2 vs the Vikes, and 1-1 vs Detroit, the bears are all hype cause they have a power house defence with a mental midget running the offence. Hate being a bear fan for the last 10years

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Packers are not good and are still will finish last or second to last in the division. The Bears defense is so good that they will be able to win most other games by forcing turnovers. Green Bay does not have much talent on that team and that defensive showing by them was overrated as you will see over the next few games.
The Packers ALWAYS start slow. Like every year. And then they usually go on a run. I wouldn’t count them out.

Also MIN will probably be a factor this year.

I personally don’t want to see a 2004 Bears type team this year.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Did they played a game as bad as last night? As an offense? And against a team that probably is the 10 best they’ll face this year.
I mean the Saints got their asses handed to them by the Bucs at home week 1 last year. The final score was not indicative of the actual game, where at one point the Bucs led 48-24 and for almost three full quarters held a two score advantage. The Bucs did not have some amazing offense and the saints did not have some shitty defense.

Point is: I understand the concerns and I have my own. However, we can't just jump to judgment on the entire season based off of one shitty performance.

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying Mitch is good or bad. It's too early and he has what it takes to be developed. I have the NFL game pass and it's a must have for the long cold winter of no football. I watched the condensed games of last season at least 2x. Whoever says Mitch regressed as the season went on certainly didn't pay attention. He looked ok in the first few games (TB was what it was) and by the Eagles game he was starting to look damn good. I don't think last night was on Mitch only. I think the O, the QB, and MOST importantly the coach were MIA. Horrible offensive shit show.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
One game is not going to make me change my mind, especially when they also lost their first game to the same opponent last year.

This is still a very good football team. I believe that. It’s also the same team that can lose to the Giants and Dolphins. Nothing I saw last night changed my opinion about this team.

One game does not a trend make. Now, if they start making this anemic offense a habit in the second year, I’ll get concerned.

Nagy is still the only coach in the NFL (except for rookie coaches, I suppose) to never lose a game by more than 7 points.
This wasn’t a very good football team last year. They were an eight or nine win team that hit the jackpot with injuries and schedule, and lost at home in the wild card when they finally played a good team that wasn’t overlooking them.

Then they got worse in the offseason.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been watching the bears for 40 years, they are not making the playoff this year. They will go 0-2 vs green bay,most likely 0-2 vs the Vikes, and 1-1 vs Detroit, the bears are all hype cause they have a power house defence with a mental midget running the offence. Hate being a bear fan for the last 10years
WTF...if you hate it move on. I hate Lima beans but I certainly don't keep putting them on my menu. 10 years... :awwyeah:

DanTown

Liked Posts:
my main issues was Nagy once again abandoning the run even though Mitch couldn’t string drives together and additionally, the Bears don’t really have a “when shit goes wrong, let’s run this play or set of plays to get going” ability and it’s an issue.

The other thing is last year the Bears went 5-1 in the division and they’ve already lost a home game so now You’re hoping to just get to 4-2.

Looking at the eight between the NFC and AFC split (record was 6-2) it’s just not easy like last year when you got a perfect break on schedule with five easy games against the non-Pats AFC East and the Niners/Cardinals.

And the two variable games last year were Giants and Bucs and the Bears went 1-1 with an OT loss and this year its Rams and Saints.

They might even be that much worse and end up 9-7. If the offense truly is at a place where they can’t succeed, then you start to see 6-10.

There are teams every year with 9/10 win totals in pre-season that just crater. The Packers last year were 10 preseason and went 5-11. The Steelers and Eagles had 10.5 wins pre-season and ended 8-8. The Bears being 8-8 or 7-9 is certainly within a normal range of outcomes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The making the playoffs this year was always about the offense and specifically the QB taking a big step up.

The schedule was getting harder and the defense was going to maintain, which it looks like they did, and the offense was going to make up the difference.

Well, instead of seeing a step forward we saw a regression. That is a huge problem.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I saw nothing on offense last night that would make me think playoffs.