The Benching Dropped his nuts

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Hard to say if it was the benching, the coaching, the play calls, the personnel .... idk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By OPs definition, basically every Bears QB is a total pussy.

Rarely and definitely recently, Bears OL was total shit, as were Nagy's calls. Mitch has his own problems, but as said for the last 2 seasons, NO QB can be successful with garbage ass 30th ranked run game dating back thru 2019.

Benching didn't make him suddenly look in the mirror and have a lightswitch epiphany moment. Mitch soul-searched since being drafted...hired leadership coaches & such.

Getting Sam Mustifer in there and FINALLY having a leader on that OL, plus pulling Nagy's 90% shotgun offense & going under center helped D Montgomery, the run game, the OL, the offense as a whole, and helped Mitch feel comfortable for once. There's your change.

This is also why Nagy must go. Lazor's pressors also speak volumes as he's afraid to say what's up.

Mitch? Take him or leave him. He might be playable in 2021, but isn't the long term answer as we've seen.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The benching gave him have a more aggressive and fuck it, nothing to lose perspective. He may not be the answer but a Mitch that isn't 2nd guessing himself on the field is a much better player, even with the usual mental mistakes and overthrows. Rather have those along with the good than to have them without the good.

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
Still made a bunch of bad overthrows and an end zone int...against the jags. Looks like the same old Mitch to me
Sure he made bad throws and the one in the end zone was terrible. Just wondering, do you have the Red Zone? Do you see every week the terrible throws and Ints all QB's make?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Sure he made bad throws and the one in the end zone was terrible. Just wondering, do you have the Red Zone? Do you see every week the terrible throws and Ints all QB's make?
No but I’ve watched Trubisky make the same mistakes for 4 straight seasons. Have you watched every QB on red zone for 4 straight seasons for comparison?

Ironhead22

Liked Posts:
No but I’ve watched Trubisky make the same mistakes for 4 straight seasons. Have you watched every QB on red zone for 4 straight seasons for comparison?
Ok...Put your cheese head hat on Sun and have a ball

ImSure

Liked Posts:
Mitch is doing it in reverse. He should have been drafted lower, gone to a team and set on the bench for 2 years, and then taken over as starter. Here he came in and had to produce from second number one and when he got benched briefly he got a chance to catch his breath and watch from the sidelines.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nah, I'm throwing a parade outside cole kmet's parents house tomorrow morning at 7am.

Who's with me?
I'M IN!
DependableAnimatedAlaskanhusky-max-1mb.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think the benching had much to do with this....

There is now a steady diet of play action passing, a running game, and Mitch is using a moving pocket where he is a dual threat.....

Several people on the board have been asking for this for a couple years now including me.....

A lack of Nagy is what has brought out the better in Trubisky....

That being said Trubisky still has room for improvement. A more accurate deeper ball and knowing when to throw it away...

BrunoTheRed

Liked Posts:
Mitch is still Mitch. You won't win because of him. But he has gotten good enough that you can win with him.

His biggest issue is Nagy's stubbornness to occasionally keep going back to plays Mitch is bad at once they get a little success.

Just keep running a Shanahan style offence and Mitch will be fine.

Following up on this, I will say Mitch has finally improved in some things. He recognizes and can beat the blitz, which good qbs can do. Recognizes when to run better. Accuracy is improving (missing guys by a hands length instead of 10 yards), and he doesn't seem to pee down his leg at the beginning of games any more.

Still not great in the pocket, but there is enough to see how he grows in this.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The worst thing about Trubisky during the last 3 years was Nagy calling the plays!

Exactly.

Everyone watching knew what was necessary to get the guy going. Multiple broadcasters went on weekly rants about playing to his strengths. Nagy insisted his playcalling would be the better idea.

Mitch is actually just beginning to learn how to play QB in an offense that suits him. That sucks, but it’s totally on Nagy.

Pace won’t get to draft a new QB. Nagy definitely shouldn’t be here to coach and ruin another one.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is doing it in reverse. He should have been drafted lower, gone to a team and set on the bench for 2 years, and then taken over as starter. Here he came in and had to produce from second number one and when he got benched briefly he got a chance to catch his breath and watch from the sidelines.

yeah, maybe

either way, kid needed an attitude adjustment

needed to get over the good boy, coach's pet thing and get a chip on his shoulder