The best QBs lead their teams to the playoffs by year three as the primary starter

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My only issue is the Dilfer, Johnson and Foles of the world who win a Super Bowl and are bad QB's.
Those guys were carried to the Super Bowl by generationally talented teams or in the case of Foles just caught fire at the right time.

Problem is none of them ever started another Super Bowl after that. If you want the same QB to start two Super Bowls not even win two, just be the starter in the Super Bowl two times, he has to be a Hall of Fame QB. Out of 57 Super Bowl games which is every QB that's started two Super Bowls only six aren't in the Hall of Fame. Three of those six will probably be in the Hall of Fame. So you want to be in the Super Bowl it's a better than 80 percent necessity that he needs to be a Hall of Fame level QB

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Dude makes zero impression on Twitter. None.

I think it's fair to say that this message board has the largest readership amongst Chicago Bears fans. Just in the share volume of posters. He tweeted this article on his twitter 2 days ago. One reply. One.

He literally writes for no one.
His response results are as poor as Jordan Siegler, always < 5 per post.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those guys were carried to the Super Bowl by generationally talented teams or in the case of Foles just caught fire at the right time.

Problem is none of them ever started another Super Bowl after that. If you want the same QB to start two Super Bowls not even win two, just be the starter in the Super Bowl two times, he has to be a Hall of Fame QB. Out of 57 Super Bowl games which is every QB that's started two Super Bowls only six aren't in the Hall of Fame. Three of those six will probably be in the Hall of Fame. So you want to be in the Super Bowl it's a better than 80 percent necessity that he needs to be a Hall of Fame level QB
And then there is Aaron Rodgers, Hof qb, one Superbowl appearance. >shrugs<

I get that I would rather have a solid QB, I've been a Bear fan all my life and in that life time, aside from perhaps Jim McMahan the Bears have never had even a solid QB (top third). And I started watching back in the late 60's. I'm rooting for the kid this year, I think he will show enough improvement to give all of us hope for season 2024.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And if doesn't? Then what? Gasp. I'm shocked.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I love obvious statements like this:
If Fields is great the Bears will be in the playoffs.
If Fields is an all pro the Bears will make the playoffs.

It is like saying it the Bears win 12 games they will be great.

What I want to see is the Fields can do certain things. Primarily throw short passes better, and get rid of the ball quicker. He does this at a certain improved level and the future looks bright, and we can talk extending him or giving 5th year option.