The best standout player from each team so far and ESPN goes with...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sowell, TE for the Bears. Have I been missing some early OTA tweets?

well, he's a converted OL and apparently he is insanely athletic and this move comes with a bonus:

Because he is now a TE he does not have to report as OL when he is put in to block, so he can help create some interesting mismatches with how they line him up.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think you guys understand just how little these media pay attention at camp at all. Its the epitome of the good ol boy network. They just stand around bullshitting and storytelling with each other instead of doing their job. You can probably count on one hand the number of writers that truly are watching everything and taking notes of it all.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
They coulda gone with Mitch, David Montgomery, Hall, Ridley, or a bunch of other good young players. But they chose Bradley Sowell. Damn ESPN is a joke

The title of the article is "The surprise offseason standout..."

An offensive lineman converting to TE is legitmately "surprising." It looks like they are highlighting players that fans in other cities wouldn't know about. Why would they mention Mitch?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was Dickerson. He obviously covers the Bears significantly...odd choice though

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe Sowell is simply doing really well.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Arizona Cardinals choice was Kevin White. If he really does have his speed back I would love to see him in the XFL next year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They coulda gone with Mitch, David Montgomery, Hall, Ridley, or a bunch of other good young players. But they chose Bradley Sowell. Damn ESPN is a joke

I was assuming this was going to be a short yardage and goalline formation player. If Sowell is our fucking H-back its kinda awesome.

Change the league Nagy, change the league.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who cares. Offseason fluff.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
well, he's a converted OL and apparently he is insanely athletic and this move comes with a bonus:

Because he is now a TE he does not have to report as OL when he is put in to block, so he can help create some interesting mismatches with how they line him up.
Good point. He doesn't have to register with the Refs as an eligible receiver... which I always thought puts a big highlight on the player.

Evidently Sowell has some nice hands and athleticism. I knew Nagy liked using him, but I making him a TE is still a surprise.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But they'd hardly be the 'surprise' Sowell is at TE. Article never said anything about best.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Really? Because all the local Chicago media guys seem to agree that:

-Duke Shelley is a steal and might beat out Buster Skrine to start.

-David Montgomery is already showing that “it” factor that they previously saw with Tarik Cohen during OTAs, minicamp and rookie camp.

-Riley Ridley is legit. (Receiver and D back being some of the few positions you can actually glean quite a bit on during offseason training programs)

-Mitch is comfortable now and knows this offense to a T.

Seems to me any of those guys would be the surprise offseason standout.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Arizona Cardinals choice was Kevin White. If he really does have his speed back I would love to see him in the XFL next year.
From the article: "He's big, fast, you can see all the attributes that made him a top-10 pick," Kingsbury said. "[He] had some unfortunate injuries there in Chicago and [he's] trying to kind of reestablish himself. [This is] really kind of like his rookie year."-- Josh Weinfuss
Where have I heard that before?

There were also a lot of Tight Ends on that list. Not sure what to make of that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
From the article: "He's big, fast, you can see all the attributes that made him a top-10 pick," Kingsbury said. "[He] had some unfortunate injuries there in Chicago and [he's] trying to kind of reestablish himself. [This is] really kind of like his rookie year."-- Josh Weinfuss
Where have I heard that before?

There were also a lot of Tight Ends on that list. Not sure what to make of that.
That’s funny. Do they live in a bubble?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a pap dark horse article trying to find a new take on the offseason . That sure isn't surprising this time of year.