The big 3 vs. the 4A

CSF77

Liked Posts:
From what has been said between Jed and David it sounds like they will invest into the rotation.

Ortega, Wisdom and Schwindel are giving them a cost savings at 3 spots right now.

Hoerner they are open to moving him around. So by no means is he the opening day SS.

My vague opinion. It is vague because anything can happen right now. If they decide to target SS. Seager would be the top target with Turner and Lux that resign is not even something to muse on.

If that happened then Nico would become a flex guy most likely. I don't know how I feel about CF to be honest. It has been kicked around a bit and David has had Happ in RF lately. So I guess if Hoerner is a UPG D to Ortega. Move Ortega to LF and Happ to RF. Pushed Heyward on the bubble but he deserves that now.

So this could be a thing and adding a core left handed bat makes more sense that another RH stick. They have depth in that.

Pitching there has been no names tossed around. But looking at the raw numbers this is a huge issue and it should be the focus. Jed did coin intelligent. So that is code for under market signings and volume. Vs dump into 1 guy and expect a miracle.

I get that. The staff is patchwork right now. Sure a few might fit in as it goes along. But by no means is it a work of art unless you are into Picasso

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I am not so sure Wisdom sticks. He has been horrific the last few months. In his last 100 at bats he is hitting .150 and striking out at near 50% rate., with only 1 homer every 33 at bats when he was at a homer per 10 at bats in the first half. The league has figured him out.

I'd go after Bryant or Correa to plug them at 3rd.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
But I agree pitching is their target. People keep ragging on Rodon but he is just dealing with dead arm issues, which is expected for a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years. Get him and Gausman if they are willing to spend that much.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But I agree pitching is their target. People keep ragging on Rodon but he is just dealing with dead arm issues, which is expected for a guy who hasn't pitched in 2 years. Get him and Gausman if they are willing to spend that much.

I expect 2 arms added. Rodon if the price is right. I can see Jed targeting 16AAV over 5 years.

2nd arm would be a flip IMO.

Just tossing out Rodon and Pax.

Rodon 5/80
Hendricks
Pax
Mills
Alzolay

Thompson and Steel in the pen. They excelled in mid relief.

Marquez pushed next year as a closer. Then start filling up Iowa with rotation depth. AA would have a few live arms pushing to Iowa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I am not so sure Wisdom sticks. He has been horrific the last few months. In his last 100 at bats he is hitting .150 and striking out at near 50% rate., with only 1 homer every 33 at bats when he was at a homer per 10 at bats in the first half. The league has figured him out.

I'd go after Bryant or Correa to plug them at 3rd.

Wisdom has issues. I won't argue that. But he can wreck any pitch. Can play 1B 3B RF and LF. So if he can work on becoming more of a hitter vs a slugger then there might be more to see. Jed put up with Javy's short comings no reason to think that he won't here.

The line up should end up more contact based but having a masher in the middle can change a game dynamic. He has done so in the past.

If the pitch was not so horrid the O would be shining more and it would translate to wins.

The O is not the major issue. It is the staff.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I expect 2 arms added. Rodon if the price is right. I can see Jed targeting 16AAV over 5 years.

2nd arm would be a flip IMO.

Just tossing out Rodon and Pax.

Rodon 5/80
Hendricks
Pax
Mills
Alzolay

Thompson and Steel in the pen. They excelled in mid relief.

Marquez pushed next year as a closer. Then start filling up Iowa with rotation depth. AA would have a few live arms pushing to Iowa.
I see we went from Steele having proven himself as a starter to he needs to go to the pen again. Realistically Alzolay needs to be in the pen

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I see we went from Steele having proven himself as a starter to he needs to go to the pen again. Realistically Alzolay needs to be in the pen

I didn't say Thompson after his last outgoing.

I just feel that Pax is a decent target. But let's be real if Jed ends up with 1 lefty and 1 right then Steel has the edge. If he gets 2 righties the you have to lock Steel in. If he gets as I listed Rodon and Pax then Alzolay has the edge.

Sampson has looked decent but I see him as another one of low upside pitchers that Jed has been collecting as of late.

I am not putting Steel Thompson or Adbert ahead of each other. It will be based off of who the sign and those 3 will be the 5 and long relief. Shoot we might see 15 starts out of each due to injury or post deadline.

To date none of the three has separated themself from the others. So yes it will change due to current team needs.