The biggest difference between Patrick Mahomes and Mitchell Trubisky is..........

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Pat makes players around him better.

I notice that Kelce still has the same kind of elite stats and impact before and after Mahomes. Hill was also balling out before Mahomes. Sammy Watkins was a 1000 yard receiver before being inserted into the legion of Zoom.

The elite weapons that KC has were elite before Mahomes arrived. The narrative that Mahomes makes them better is factually incorrect. It’s the other way around.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I notice that Kelce still has the same kind of elite stats and impact before and after Mahomes. Hill was also balling out before Mahomes. Sammy Watkins was a 1000 yard receiver before being inserted into the legion of Zoom.

The elite weapons that KC has were elite before Mahomes arrived. The narrative that Mahomes makes them better is factually incorrect. It’s the other way around.
Mahomes is 24 years of age...

He has a Super Bowl
He has an MVP

Please stop acting like they only reason he has success is because of his team/coaches. You are the only person in the world that is downplaying what Mahomes has been able to accomplish in 3 years. This includes literally every GM, Coach, Scout, Fan, ect in the nation.

Since you want to talk about 'prior' to Mahomes...Alex Smith didn't have this kind of success with this team under similar circumstances. Did they players on the team get better or did the QB get better?

BEARS

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

He has a Super Bowl
He has an MVP

Please stop acting like they only reason he has success is because of his team/coaches. You are the only person in the world that is downplaying what Mahomes has been able to accomplish in 3 years. This includes literally every GM, Coach, Scout, Fan, ect in the nation.

Since you want to talk about 'prior' to Mahomes...Alex Smith didn't have this kind of success with this team under similar circumstances. Did they players on the team get better or did the QB get better?

BEARS
The Chiefs were very good before Mahomes, adding him was the missing piece. Kudo's to the Chief's management team for recognizing his talent and their aggressiveness in obtaining him.

coolio

Liked Posts:
It's talent. But I agree with the mental thing too, Reid raves about Mahomes willingness to learn and dive into the playbook more than anything. Mitch is probably a slow learner compared to Mahomes, but he's inaccurate above all else so

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
An objective comparison can’t accurately be drawn between the two based on the quality of weapons alone.
This is such a lazy and stupid take. There is more than enough evidence of Trubisky missing open reads and throws that an even average QB would make on a consistent basis, let alone a QB of Mahomes’ caliber. Bringing up weapons is a strictly “on paper” argument and a bad one, considering that each Qb has started over 30 games at this point in their career. It’s painfully easy to draw an objective comparison between the two at this point.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

He has a Super Bowl
He has an MVP

BEARS

He is playing with literally a madden type roster around him. You can’t possibly say he would even be a shadow of himself in Chicago.

Fields2021

Fields 2021, Make Da Bears Great Again!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Dodgers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is a guy who went by Mitchell because his mom told him so. Bears should just suspend him from doing all media and tell the league he has mental health probs, cause he says dumb shit and looks like he's going to cry half the time. It's going to be as bad as ever next year if he's playing like shite and coming off Mahomes SB win.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
You are severely overrating the other guys on his team not named Hill/Kelce.

Im reserving all judgement until the level of weapons Mahomes has comes down to earth and Trubisky gets NFL talent around him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im reserving all judgement until the level of weapons Mahomes has comes down to earth and Trubisky gets NFL talent around him.
What? The Chiefs dont have super skilled players. They have speed which works with a big arm QB that can make reads. Tell me who on the Chiefs skill position that is a star on another team besides Hill(Speed) and Kelce.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Mitch play baseball? How's his fastball if so?

I'd say arm talent is a difference without criticizing Mitch too much. Mahommes has a better arm.

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
isn't kind of hard to say that ma homes isn't mentally weak when he hasn't really faced much push back from the media as Mitch has I mean the guy is basically the new Dan Marino the the media already.

If Mitch even coughs it gets questioned and I do remember games where Mitch was under extreme pressure and came through in the clutch only for the special teams or coaching or other members the team to fail him. Double Doink anybody?

Mitch is a big question mark and he may not be the answer for the bears but Mahomes has a master mind in Andy Reid he use to have Matt Nagy as well he had Alex smith in front of him at one point. And they have some of the fastest most explosive offensiveness weapons all on one team in a decade.

The bears on the other hand have no TE's inless someone lights a fire under Burton

The bears have one good WR and a second up and coming wide out who can't keep his shoulder in. promising but unproven rookie WR's

Taylor when healthy wasn't bad but it didn't last long and he for some reason disappears in the offense

The running backs and the way the use them are all messed up We know Cohen has speed and can do damage but he was not used right this past year and our rookie while he didn't do bad had to run behind some of the worst 5 stooges ever. They were not blocking as a unit they were confused all year and weak.

Then after all that you have the failure of the coaches to fix the players mistakes and go with what the players are good at maybe Mitch can never be a pocket passer or maybe the way Matt Nagy and the whole offense staff tryed to do the offense this year completely screwed up the development of all our players.

This year is the stand up or shut up and get out year for the the GM first then the coaching and then the players they all have to be on the same page.

They have to get a running game that works with the O linemen they bring in or with current roster guys

They need WR's that stay on the field stay healthy and can run good routes and understand the offense

They need Mitch to understand the offense and understand how to push the ball down field vs man and zone and they need too more ground and pound and be able to do play action and set up the pass with the run and get him going before we go to 5 WR sets and trying to throw it 50 times.

They need a good catching and blocking FB and they need at least 2 good TE's

ON defense we need a good safety we need another edge rusher we need a corner we need maybe a couple of line backers if we dont sign current guys and we need depth behind the DT position

They need to get mentally and physically tougher they need to be able to impose there will on other teams and push them into the ground up front this year is a HUGE year with the O LINEMEN THEY NEED TO get push and be able to run block well. The success of this team will come down to Matt Nagy and how he handles Mitch how and if Mitch can make a leap. but the biggest factor is upfront on both the offense and defense they need to do there job if we are to go anywhere Mitch has shown ability to make plays with his legs with they fail to block but they still need to be way better.

I know we are all upset that it looks like MAHOMES could of been here and winning and putting up amazing stats fact is we don't have the same weapons and we have what we have and were going to do need to try to get behind it and make it work or draft a QB after this year.

Side note I know everyone here loves mahomes already thinks he is a god but in the super bowl the guy did not play well there was like 3 or 4 runs that he made some nice plays which we have seen Mitch do as well some great runs. He then had all day to run around like mario much like young Rodgers use to do to us and throw a duck pass and the guy was wide open for 44 yards and then on another 3 and 10 he gets a pass interference that results them going in from the one yard line and they had a great coach call a great play to get them in the end zone using the players strengths. He throws to his TE who because of all these other great players speed and fake run is wide open in the back of the end zone. Then the Defense has to hold. which they do. they didn't do that when Mitch went down and scored and had the lead they let up the lead with a min to go.

Then they beat an aging Richard Sherman because they for some stupid reason played 1 on 1 with Watkins nice throw and read but not all world.

The next touchdown is a blitz and the running back is out in the flat wide open with the middle line backer trailing the corner and safety recover but because it is so close he gets enough of the ball appearing to be over the line they they call it a touchdown great play design and great read but still not all world.

The defense then needs to hold again and holy shit they do but not all because there so great but because jimmy missed a pass that would of been a touchdown not many our missed against us for some reason but none the less the KC Defense had to hold the 49ers from scoring before they took the lead and after they took the lead and they did.

As good as the bears D was when we went to the playoffs in 2018 they always seemed to give up the winning score when it matter and some how the bears Mitch got them in position to kick a game winning kick and the idiot missed it. Thus changing the way people view Mitch and the bears and then the let down in 2019.

2020 is going to be a big year and I stand behind Mitch as long as he is a bear when and if he is not the answer and the move on and draft someone they think is the future star then I will support that player but intill other wise all this love for players not on our team and all this trash talk of our own player is just sour grapes. and high subjective with what most of the league now knows which is complete hindsight. No body thought Ma homes was going to be so good but he also hasn't had to really face rough times.

There defense sucks yes and let the get behind a ton yes. But they have massive fire power on the offense and they can score very fast players are wide freaking open 5 yards apart from any player half the time.

Rodgers also use to kill us with this run around shit and throw it up to WR that were good at finding open holes after the QB held the ball for 5 mins

I am not hating on Mahomes I just think this infatuation with him is stupid and that its time bear fans support the bears and there players and if we need a new QB hopefully they will find the right guy but to act like this guy is soooo bad just because of what Mahomes is doing on another team is just stupid. Golf looks like ass and most acted like he was a god till all of the sudden he wasn't.

Either way I hope Pace Nagy and Mitch figure it for the us fans sake we want to win and win for years to come and that journey starts now.

Last edited:

ChicagoBearsSinceBirth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Also this whole super bowl winner and mvp is stupid the guy almost lost the damn game for his team besides the defense sucking like they usually always did for KC but they did step up twice when it counted if not a couple more times. plus 3 or 4 flags that went KC's way.

No body can honestly say that Mahomes played like his MVP level no way man the running back should of gotten it or maybe a defender. if KC went on to lose this game there would of been no MVP talk there would of been the turn overs and the carelessness in which he played with when he had the ball 1 or 2 fumbles 2 picks I mean come people I know we are bear fans we hate losing we think we should of had this guy because he is winning on another team and the media thinks he is a god but jesus people your eyes are not so blinded with Mitch hate that you can't say the guy you think we should of had played a bad game my god.

In the end he helped them win it but that doesn't change the fact he almost helped them lose it. Rodgers was suppose to have 6 rings by now he only has 1 same with Brees.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
do we really need to spend this much real estate yet again explaining why Mahomes is better than Trubisky......we, and I mean just about all of us, know this already......

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Dumb comparison - you're comparing the most transcendent QB talent in a couple of decades to someone who hasn't panned out. A better comparison would be someone that had the same general expectations as Mitch (willing to take suggestions on who that would be). There are very few people you could compare to Mahomes that wouldn't make most people laugh.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
do we really need to spend this much real estate yet again explaining why Mahomes is better than Trubisky......we, and I mean just about all of us, know this already......

Everyone knows that Mahomes is better than Trubisky. But people are delusional if they think Mahomes would be this good if he was drafted by the Bears. Sorry, no. Our organization is completely offensively inept. Just wouldn't have happened.