The Cat

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Looks like he is to be traded? What do we get for him and what is your opinion?

Granada

Liked Posts:
We were talking about this in another thread, but it makes sense to start a new one.

I believe you're talking about this:

Considering what we got for Hagel, it needs to be a massive haul. Hagel fetched you two 1sts and two NHL-ready players. There are so many possibilities and Hagel's haul doesn't necessarily have to match that exactly; it could be a very high 1st, two Grade-A prospects, and an NHL ready player; or a high 1st, two 2nds, and a Grade-A prospect. Either way, I'm expecting at least 3-4 assets in return, and at least one of the assets will (rather, needs to) be a 1st round pick.

Last edited:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Evidently, Philly was in talks for Debrincat, but they left the table when Davidson demanded their 5th overall pick. I love it, from Davidson's standpoint. If you're not willing to give up your high 1st round pick, then see ya.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Don’t think he gets traded.

Granada

Liked Posts:
He gone. Instead of the 5th they got the 7th.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
He gone. Instead of the 5th they got the 7th.
hey Granada, you think the Hawks have someone in mind or is it a Best player available or what do think of a possible trade up, The number #7 and Grimson posted Dach for maybe the #2.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I really hope they can use the 3 second rounders to get up into the first again.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Let me throw one at you, you think if Blowman doesn’t waste our number #1 pick with the Jones transaction, The Cat is still playing in Chicago.
Ooh man, that is a great question HIM. Think we had the 6th overall then. I think he would still be playing, at least to start this year. Because the whole point of the trade was because Davidson wanted a first this year; if he had one, I think he would have held on to Debrincat for a better haul.

I hope it's a best player available. I mean it has to be -- I know D and Center are always top priorities, but especially now that you just traded the Cat, you have to go with the best even if it's a winger.

Granada

Liked Posts:
hey Granada, you think the Hawks have someone in mind or is it a Best player available or what do think of a possible trade up, The number #7 and Grimson posted Dach for maybe the #2.
I'm not sure if it's more valuable to have two 1st Rounds or an even higher lone 1st Round for Davidson. Maybe if Wright doesn't go first Davidson would pull that trigger, especially if there's no confidence in Dach anymore.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We'll see how it plays out.....they just traded a proven NHL star player who is not only still young but scores a lot of goals for a handful draft picks in a mediocre draft field who may or maynot be NHL players someday. This probably won't turn out well. That 7/10 year rebuild LordK was referencing doesn't seem so far fetched now.

Granada

Liked Posts:
We'll see how it plays out.....they just traded a proven NHL star player who is not only still young but scores a lot of goals for a handful draft picks in a mediocre draft field who may or maynot be NHL players someday. This probably won't turn out well. That 7/10 year rebuild LordK was referencing doesn't seem so far fetched now.
Yeah I can't blame your stance here. Seems like the overwhelming opinion on the trade was that the Hawks got fleeced and Ottawa should have given more. Can't really argue that either, considering Debrincat's intangibles. The guy is a future "A" at least. That should have netted a prospect or an NHL ready player at least. I would have liked more, and maybe I'm just overly excited at having the 7th overall that it's clouding my judgement (very possible), but I don't think it's a horrible return. At least right now, lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I can't blame your stance here. Seems like the overwhelming opinion on the trade was that the Hawks got fleeced and Ottawa should have given more. Can't really argue that either, considering Debrincat's intangibles. The guy is a future "A" at least. That should have netted a prospect or an NHL ready player at least. I would have liked more, and maybe I'm just overly excited at having the 7th overall that it's clouding my judgement (very possible), but I don't think it's a horrible return. At least right now, lol
Hey, I'm a Hawks fan. I'm with ya, I'd love to see them grab a few potential star players but draft picks are such a crap shoot these days. What did he get, 5 picks? If he gets gets more than one or two good players out of it.....he's beaten the odds.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hey, I'm a Hawks fan. I'm with ya, I'd love to see them grab a few potential star players but draft picks are such a crap shoot these days. What did he get, 5 picks? If he gets gets more than one or two good players out of it.....he's beaten the odds.
Honestly Diehard, if the Hawks win the draft lotto next season it will be a win. Losing the Cat just makes this team worse and ups the team chances of finishing at the bottom of the league. Somehow, if the Hawks could trade Kane for a number one, we have next years Tampa number #1 and the team won the Bedard sweepstakes, then it would be a win.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rebuild or not, trading Kane would suck.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly Diehard, if the Hawks win the draft lotto next season it will be a win. Losing the Cat just makes this team worse and ups the team chances of finishing at the bottom of the league. Somehow, if the Hawks could trade Kane for a number one, we have next years Tampa number #1 and the team won the Bedard sweepstakes, then it would be a win.
The thing is.....even if they finish dead last, there's no guarntee they will have the #1 pick. Best chance, yes, but not a lock. Anything can happen and much like the NBA(where Bettman learned his craft), I don't trust the validity of that lottery for second.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The thing is.....even if they finish dead last, there's no guarntee they will have the #1 pick. Best chance, yes, but not a lock. Anything can happen and much like the NBA(where Bettman learned his craft), I don't trust the validity of that lottery for second.
For sure, but we all know the league generates $$$$ when the Hawks are selling out the UC and making $$$$, keep that in mind, it wasn’t by coincidence MTL landed the number#1 after being at the bottom of the league.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For sure, but we all know the league generates $$$$ when the Hawks are selling out the UC and making $$$$, keep that in mind, it wasn’t by coincidence MTL landed the number#1 after being at the bottom of the league.
Yeah, that's true but they snarkily gave the Hawks the #1 for Kaner......would they be bold enough to do it again?