Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FB_IMG_1445958899461.jpg

Illinois Central Gulf Railroad's City Of New Orleans pulls out of Chicago in 1971...the RR Donnelly Press building is in the background, where they used to print phone books. It is now a massive data center. This photograph would be impossible to recreate as those rails are completely covered at this point by the Mccormick Place North Building. Also note that the tallest buildings in the background are the Chicago Board of Trade and The First National Bank Of Chicago, both now buried among taller structures.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As a child I was obsessed with that movie, so much so that my parents decided to erase it off the Beta Max tape they had copied it to.
Before the days of the mall, downtown Hammond IN was actually quite the shopping area, I'm told...they built a huge mall a few miles away in the late 60's that just killed it. By the time I was a teenager, the former Goldblatt's building in Hammond had been transformed into a massive flea market on the weekends...after that movie came out, it seemed like half the vendors were selling a cheap knockoff "Rambo knife," and me and my buddies couldn't buy one fast enough.