The Chicago Bears are going to be “big players” at the quarterback market this offseason, per JayGlazer

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Doesn't Derek Carr have an even worse record against winning team sthan Kirk Cousins?

I'll hang up and listen for the answer.
Yep. I'd put the vikings and raiders in the same line of franchise incompetence. Carr is younger and more talented than kirk though

huggybear224

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We all know that Pace is going to pull off a block buster 3 way trade sending Foles to the Eagles for Wentz, then sending Wentz to the Jags netting the Bears Minshew!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve mentioned this before, but Louis Riddick flat out stated that Nagy/Pace are trying to acquire Watson on the ESPN radio Greenberg show last week.

Riddick is well connected with Matt Nagy. He echo’s Nagy’s thoughts from time to time. He was a huge fan of Trubisky at first, and when he turned on him you knew it was because the Bears coaching staff told him that they lost confidence in him. He even specifically eluded to it being the case.

“There’s just too much responsibility on the part of the coaching staff to come up with something for it always to be right for him (Trubisky)”.

So his thoughts on the Bears are normally not just a matter of his opinion, they are what is actually being said and done within the Bears organization.

I have no idea how Nagy/Pace could even possibly pull this off, but they are actually gonna give it a shot. And because of that willingness, if they miss on him, they will probably take that offer and use it on the next best available option.

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd trade for Ryan. He would probably break every bears single season passing record his first year.
With our OL? Maybe break every bone is his body

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve mentioned this before, but Louis Riddick flat out stated that Nagy/Pace are trying to acquire Watson on the ESPN radio Greenberg show last week.

Riddick is well connected with Matt Nagy. He echo’s Nagy’s thoughts from time to time. He was a huge fan of Trubisky at first, and when he turned on him you knew it was because the Bears coaching staff told him that they lost confidence in him. He even flat out said that was the case. “There’s just too much responsibility on the part of the coaching staff to come up with something for it always to be right for him (Trubisky)”.

So his thoughts on the Bears are normally not just a matter of his opinion, they are what is actually being said and done within the Bears organization.

I have no idea how Nagy/Pace could even possibly pull this off, but they are actually gonna give it a shot. And because of that willingness, if they miss on him, they will probably take that offer and use it on the next best available option.

It will be like the Mack trade. No one ever thought in a million years....then we all wake up one morning and find out Mack is a Bear.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Riddick is well connected with Matt Nagy. He echo’s Nagy’s thoughts from time to time. He was a huge fan of Trubisky at first, and when he turned on him you knew it was because the Bears coaching staff told him that they lost confidence in him. He even flat out said that was the case. “There’s just too much responsibility on the part of the coaching staff to come up with something for it always to be right for him (Trubisky)”.

I dont see it happening but I would love Watson obviously

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watch the Bears pull off a miracle.... trade for Watson..... sign him for a 10 year mega deal.... and then he blows out an ACL first practice.
Are you trying to get me to dislike you?!?

mecha

Liked Posts:
I see CCS is still all in on giving 40 draft picks to acquire Watson. it's like you people didn't learn from the last time, but had no issue bitching about that entire process thoroughly and still continue to do so. when Watson comes to the Bears and plays like a Bears quarterback instead of a Texans quarterback and multiple drafts are fucked as a result and the offensive line you're equally all cunting about doesn't get fixed... what will you do then with your lives?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Not sure how we can be big players in the QB market considering we don't have cap space or much draft capital to work with. I dont doubt that Pace may want to be aggressive, but his back is against the wall.

We would either have to trade away one, if not multiple of our top paid Defensive players just to make cap room to sign a QB off their rookie contract.

Maybe you could trade for Darnold but I think he is garbage. Maybe Jimmy G, but that isn't a big move to me.

I think the most aggressive play we could reasonably make is to move up a few spots in the draft amd secure Lance.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Propaganda. Bears are going to leak all kinds of nonsense. They want to appear like they are doing something when the astute person understands they have no cap space and limited draft capital. The offseason will conclude and the FO will say we tried and were in on everyone.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Watch the Bears pull off a miracle.... trade for Watson..... sign him for a 10 year mega deal.... and then he blows out an ACL first practice.

I'll be buying a Baker Mayfield jersey from China the day that happens.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Sooo.... Marcus Mariota it is... :(

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Jay Glazer is normally pretty reliable, no?

Oh, I have no doubt Pace thinks he'll be a major player in the big-time QB market this offseason. I just completely believe he'll whiff.

What free agent is going to want to come here? What player with a no-trade clause is going to come here? The Lions aren't going to trade Stafford to an in-division rival (probably). You can see how the pool gets whittled down pretty quickly.

Think of the Bulls that year when they thought they could get Lebron or Wade or Bosh, and remember that image of Carlos Boozer coming to the United Center. Same thing here, but with quarterbacks.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
List all the starting QB's. Separate them into two groups: The ones you'd prefer over Mitch/Foles, and the ones you wouldn't. If those groups are the same size Mitch and Foles are league average. If not, they're not. Spoiler alert: The first group is larger, thus the statement you made is incorrect.

Ooh, so this is actually kind of fun.

O.K., this isn't a ranking, but rather a grouping, so no squabbles over a place here or there.

I've highlighted the middle (average) group of quarterbacks. Guys, please tell me which ones you would take Trubisky and Foles over.

(HINT: Trubisky and Foles are among the worst starters in the league, very much NOT average. In fact, I'd give my big toe for any of these average quarterbacks.)

Top-ish 11
(please allow for margin of error)

Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Deshaun Watson
Lamar Jackson
Kyler Murray
Russell Wilson
Drew Brees
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert

Middle-ish 11
(the definition of "average")

Ben Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Dak Prescott
Matthew Stafford

Phillip Rivers
Kirk Cousins
Jared Goff
Alex Smith
Carson Wentz
Jalen Hurts

Bottom-ish 11
(among the worst quarterbacks in the league, although some certainly have brighter futures than others, potentially)

Jimmy Garoppolo
Daniel Jones
Teddy Bridgewater
Matt Ryan
Drew Lock
Ryan Tannehill
Gardner Minshew/Mike Glennon
Sam Darnold
Cam Newton
Tua Tagovailoa
Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles

Quibbles can certainly be made with my grouping as it relates to individual players,

(for example, someone might say Tua is better than Wentz or so-and-so is better than Goff, etc.)

but generically speaking, the bolded above are your average quarterbacks in the league.

This is not an exercise in ranking quarterbacks, but rather an exercise in asking yourself this question:

Can Trubisky or Foles sniff any of those guys' jocks?

If you take any of those bolded guys----those average guys----and put them in a Bears uniform, they're either immediately the greatest Bears quarterback of all time or very likely to be in their future.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the most Pace/Nagy thing to do here... would be to just stick with Foles and draft a QB in the 4th round, and not even bother with a 3rd QB, just Bray or something on the PS.

Pace needs a position that is a glaring hole which he does nothing to address, he has one every year and this year will be QB.

We'll get to watch them oscillate between injured/slow Foles and some small school QB that Nagy beats off to in the shower.

And then they will finally get fired.
Penn State isn’t a small school!

Oops, didn’t see the “to” in that sentence