The Christian McCaffrey mock draft

AussieBear

So the Bears pass on Fournette and a QB to draft a white RB in the top 10. Perhaps you could push it and try to move back a few more spots and still land him.. but nah.. not only am i taking a white RB in the first, im making a point about it and taking him top 10..

Bears trade pick 3 (1st) to Panthers for pick 8 (1st), pick 40 (2nd) pick 64 (2nd) pick 152 (5th). Going by the charts the bears win out by .2 (2200 vs 2200.2)

1. RB/KR - Christian McCaffrey - Stanford

[video=youtube;yqJ5d2scC7k]

A white RB.... whaaaaaaa. a first rd white RB.... gtfo..... a white rb in the top 10..... kill yoself..

McCaffery is more than just a RB, he is a WR and a KR/PR. If Pace and company dont want to bludgeon the league with Fournette --- slash them up with a Christian.

McCaffery is the first piece for Glennon YR2, when they really open thangs up and become the greatest show on shitty turf

Strengths: Smooth, controlled stride length with choppy feet for instant cuts and change of direction. Plus vision with above average anticipatory feel for opening creases. Hugs contours of the running lane and staggers and stutters his feet to maneuver in tight quarters. Protect football while running through traffic. Reads keys quickly on stretch plays. Sinks hips into sharp cuts. Equally adept darting inside or outside and is able to string moves together. Won't dance on short runs -- gets it downhill. Feet constantly in motion. Able to make defenders miss on all three levels. Willing to keep runs playside and alters his track seamlessly. Runs with multiple gears and is able to gear up or down instantly. Has experience in one-back, two-back and offset formations. Excellent hands out of backfield and can be used from slot. Devastating quickness out of breaks can mismatch linebackers. Experienced, capable punt and kick returner.

BOTTOM LINE: Multidimensional runner with flex appeal for teams looking for a player who can carry the ball 20 times or catch it 10 depending on the game plan. McCaffrey's size, power and speed are just average, but he is able to create yardage for himself with his vision and elusiveness. McCaffrey's ability to return punts and kicks could be the value sweetner that pushes his name into the first round.

- nfl.com

2. OLB - TJ Watt - Wisconsin

tj-watt-650.jpg

Given the Injury concerns with Floyd (concussions), Houston (Dirt bag fans) and McPhee (fatness) this system aint working with out a Pass Rush..

TJ may get taken in the first, if not, he will be BPA and needs to be taken. Even if he wasnt JJs bro, he'd still be getting the hype. If he had 2-3 years of 15.5 TFL, and 11.5 sacks, people would be looking at TJ in the top 15, but since hes basically a one year wonder, 1-2 is a fair grade. Aside from his limited but flashing tape, he's got the measurablez too 4.69 40... 6.79 3 cone 37' vert... some decent length 33' arms... and he carries a chip on his shoulder.. the im more than just JJs bro.

2. OT - Roderick Johnson - FSU

6_4803957.jpg

Still raw and still growing, some think he should have went back to FSU for another year. Competition for Leno day one and possible future LT.

Long-limbed left tackle who has the physical traits that teams want from their blind-side protector, but who is missing some of the body control and balance that is needed to succeed at his position. Despite his balance inconsistencies, Johnson can be a powerful run blocker when he gets defenders framed up. Teams will have to decide if they want to play him on the left or right side, but an offensive line coach will need to try and correct issues with his pass sets and his footwork before he gets his shot.

2. DL - Dalvin Tomlinson - Alabama

hi-res-3e735b22bb5745d14d78b98799267885_crop_north.jpg

That Bama DL not named Allen...

Prototypical Alabama defensive tackle who wins with leverage, power and technique. Tomlinson's powerful frame and ability to stack the run between the tackles could make him a scheme-flexible target in the draft. While he is likely to be drafted as a run bully, his history of operating in Alabama's stunt-and-twist-oriented defense could help keep him on the field on third downs for teams using a similar concept. Tomlinson has a chance to become an early starter and should work into a defensive line rotation immediately.

3. WR - Amara Darboh - Michigan

darboh350.gif

Has the catching trifecta.. Can use hands, chest and the forearm/bicep trap.. decent body control.. knows struggle.. came to murica before trumps wall went up. need polishing in his route technique like most rookies.. but this guy reminds me of Chad Johnson in ways.. idk y.

4. 4. QB - Brad Kaaya - Miami

Virginia%20Tech%20Miami%20Football(4)

A QB in the draft. If he is gone, Josh Dobbs will be looked at here or later too. Those in the know have sources speaking paces thought process.

Groomed to be a quarterback from an early age, Kaaya flashes the mechanics and intelligence of a player who has spent hours in quarterback camps. However, he can be too mechanical and thinks too much rather than just flowing and responding to what the field offers him. Kaaya could have used another year of college, but he has the tools and intangibles to become an NFL starter. While he can work around his average arm strength, he must improve his accuracy and anticipation if he is to make a mark in the NFL.

4. OT - Julien Davenport - Bucknell

promo298908839-640x360.jpg

Damn this guy wont go away.. must be those 36 1/2" arms. Bears get a possible second future LT in the same draft. perhaps the loser moves to RT. But with Kaaya and Glennon being limited mobility type pocket passers, getting two future tackles to grow with them would be yuge..

5. FS - John Johnson - Boston College

Virginia+Tech+v+Boston+College+pYUSQcZtHW9l.jpg

Pace is carrying on the tradition of a late rd safety..

5. LB Vince Biegal - Wisconsin

1567654.jpg

TJs running mate and captain.

7. NT Stevie Tu'ikolovatu - USC

october-2016-southern-california-defensive-tackle-stevie-tuikolovatu-picture-id612909530

Islander blood on the Dline... maybe im biased..

Last edited by a moderator:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I would love the trade down but my round one board would look like this..

1. Malik Hooker
2. Jamal Adams
3. OJ Howard
4. Reuben Foster
5. Marshon Lattimore
6. Derek Barnett

AussieBear

I would love the trade down but my round one board would look like this..

1. Malik Hooker
2. Jamal Adams
3. OJ Howard
4. Reuben Foster
5. Marshon Lattimore
6. Derek Barnett

i hear ye..im just getting a playmaker for the offense that you can move around and a return man all at the same time.. basically a 3 for 1 pick..

Just an offensive build.. for glennon, kaaya or a high first rd qb in 18.. by adding McCaffery, WR, two potential pass pro OTs.. i had a TE (F) in Evan Engram to grow opposite of sims as my first 2nd round pick originally, but too many ? (health) with bears @ olb.. they need another guy with day one PR potential...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Cleveland isn't Cleveland for once they can really pick up an amazing amount of players in this draft. Unreal. We gotta get back in the first for a 2nd pick.

AussieBear

If Cleveland isn't Cleveland for once they can really pick up an amazing amount of players in this draft. Unreal. We gotta get back in the first for a 2nd pick.

yeah.. and they could also have picks 1 and 3 (Garrett and Fournette/hometown mitchy)... im sure pace would trade down for pick 12 (first) 33, 52 (2nds) and pick 1 of the 5th.. adds up fairly close.... it would still leave cleveland with 6 picks this year. a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, two 5ths and two 6ths

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
You don't need to draft McCaffrey at 8. If you really wanted him you could wait till the 20s I am sure. Him or Dalvin Cook.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
I really think McCaffrey is going to be a stud and rack up all purpose yards. You can play him at RB, as a WR in the slot, as a KR. I fear that if the Packers draft him their offense might be fucking ridiculous.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well i've made it well known how much i would love to trade down some for McCaffrey so i'd be down with this draft but one of those 2nd round picks has got to be spent on a safety for me but the rest i'd be really happy with especially getting McCaffrey and Watt and love Kaaya in the 4th round.

I'd also trade down for OJ Howard but would rather get McCaffrey cause pairing him with J.Howard would be awesome and much needed for the passing game.

I didn't hear Fox actually say this but i guess at their presser the other day they asked him about what he thought the team needed from this draft and i guess he said play makers on offense so...............................

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
yeah.. and they could also have picks 1 and 3 (Garrett and Fournette/hometown mitchy)... im sure pace would trade down for pick 12 (first) 33, 52 (2nds) and pick 1 of the 5th.. adds up fairly close.... it would still leave cleveland with 6 picks this year. a 3rd rounder, a 4th rounder, two 5ths and two 6ths

If i'm making a trade with Clev for our #3 pick then i'm demanding their 1st round pick in 2018 cause they will still be one of the worst teams in the league next year so their 1st rounder next year will be high if not the 1st pick again and ohhhh that QB class could be fun for us with two 1st rounders that should both be somewhat high and if we don't get the 1st pick those two 1st rounders plus could get us there.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aussie should be the Bears GM. CMC and TJ Watt would have been a hell of a haul.