1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Aaron Rodgers will never let this happen

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's the thing - I would be. Because as much as the McCaskeys come off like that level of rich, they really aren't, despite owning a football team. Most NFL owners were super rich before buying an NFL team, and therefore many run it as cutthroat as they would their businesses. This is their rich people's toy, and they want to win to stroke their own ego.

The McCaskeys are upper-middle class, who yes, have profited off the Bears, but take all 32 teams away from all 32 owners (actually 31, since Green Bay doesn't have an "owner" per se), and you would find the McCaskeys at the bottom of everyone in terms of net worth - FAR below.

And it shows in how they manage the Bears as well - the knock on the McCaskeys since forever is that they run the Bears like a small business mom and pop shop. Frankly, it's why they likely are so enamored with Pace - he helped modernize them to a large extent.

But the thing of it is, the type of generational weath you associate with owning a football team - the McCaskey's don't have it. And the kids want it. Its why I believe that ultimately, they WILL sell the team - the kids don't want to run the Bears and would rather have the cash, because then that IS generational weath because it is finally liquid, and not tied to assets.

The kids want to cash out and let the next uber-rich guy make the Bears his own toy....
God this motherfucker never has any idea what it is talking about

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually, the more obvious point is that the NFL wouldn't allow the sale anyway. They changed the ownership rules back in the 1980's. Green Bay's ownership model was grandfathered in as a special case. No other franchise would be allowed to be a publicly owned situation. There has to be at least one person that has to own a minimum of 30% of the team.

There are a couple of other franchises in a weird place right now on the ownership front where they are trying to establish that 30% stake. The Broncos are one with which Bowlen, if any, can get the ok to buy that much and whether they have the funds to do so anyway. Tennessee had a bit of deal that finally got resolved just last year.

What will be interesting for the Bears when Virginia eventually dies is: Did she designate a family member to inherit the franchise? Will it stand up in court? Can they afford the estate taxes?
I think Baltimore tried to keep the Colts that way and the NFL gave them a flat no. City would never pay the nut nor get approved. This is just a guy getting press.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
If the city council had half a brain they would know it's not possible even if the family wanted to sell. Green Bay was grandfathered in with that type of ownership structure like 80+ years ago. Not happening thankfully!

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. Fuck. Off.

That will be the quickest way to lose my support. All my bears shit will be thrown away and a shiny new packers hat sitting on my head

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Better idea: Buy the Green Bay Packers and evict the Bears from Solider Field for general suckatude. Then force Aaron Rodgers to hold a press conference to apologize to Chicago for the "I own you" remark.

Every Wednesday.

For the rest of his life.

Attachments

• 198835369_2092620270879820_6509320379391982881_n.png
    198835369_2092620270879820_6509320379391982881_n.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 0

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah cause our local/State/Federal govts never figure out how to spend money they don't have to do something stupid they shouldn't be doing.

Never happens.
Illinois. Gonna Illinois

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Quick: someone compare the leadership of the McCaskeys to the leadership of the city government. Nobody has done that so far in this thread.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing worse than the McCaskeys running the Bear would be government kleptocrats

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Lori Lightbrain strikes again.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Lori is really butthurt about being left out of this recent monster transaction & wants her cut. Simple as that.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It might work if they actually sell VOTING stock unlike the TP up north.