The Cleveland Guardians????

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bwahahahahahahaha…..

sorry, way off topic but WTF kind of name is that?

I really hope Washington stays the Washington Football Team. Way better than the crap Cleveland came up with.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like my Monday..
1627049418365.png

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Could be worse I guess.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've heard Native Americans are so repulsed by the name that they are now pleading with them to change the name back to the Indians

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Bwahahahahahahaha…..

sorry, way off topic but WTF kind of name is that?

I really hope Washington stays the Washington Football Team. Way better than the crap Cleveland came up with.
Seeing that it is now the Cleveland Guardians, I kind of want Washington to change its name to Washinton Fansided.

In reality, I want them to become The Washington Team of Football. It would be awesome reading a headline like WTF HAPPENED when the team officially would changed its name to The Washington Team of Football.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't think it sounds too bad but the name is kind of arena league-ish. The presentation is pretty horrid though. The graphic at the end with the uninspired VO kind of made it come off as an SNL skit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh

any name sounds dumb until it's been around for a while and ppl have built associations with it

I mean shit, there used to be a team called the Oilers. Talk about dumb. But once people develop those associations, they get attached.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There are a ton of old Cleveland negro league names they could have chosen from, not sure why they didn't go that route. Stars, Elites, Hornets, or Buckeyes, although the last probably wouldn't fly with OSU.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it sounds too bad but the name is kind of arena league-ish. The presentation is pretty horrid though. The graphic at the end with the uninspired VO kind of made it come off as an SNL skit.
...like roller-derby or some shit...

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a ton of old Cleveland negro league names they could have chosen from, not sure why they didn't go that route. Stars, Elites, Hornets, or Buckeyes, although the last probably wouldn't fly with OSU.
I could see avoiding that route too. Just keeping race and politics out completely.