The Cowboys game will be a definer

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm predicting that this next game will shape who we are in the last quarter of the season and ultimately lay the foundation to what off season changes are made.

First off we are for all intents and purposes Bears are out of playoff contention. Now of course the Cowboys are very much in the thick of things. The Cowboys should be able to soundly beat us but when you look at them they aren't all that impressive. They are coming off a pasting by the Eagles, they have over achieved as a defense, and if you slow down Murray their offense is very average. I could see the Bears giving the Cowboys all they can handle and possibly more.

If the Bears beat the Cowboys I see them riding that momentum and playing a spolier role against the Saints and the Lions and thereby finishing the season on a strong note which would save Trestman and Cutler.

If however we lose to the Cowboys, I expect the deflated Bears team to be dominated by a contending Saints and Lions team and even losing to the scrappy Vikes team in Minny. If this were to happen we are 5-11 or 6-10 and capping off an ugly season with an ugly finish. This would most likely bring about some big changes. So I'm looking forward to this Thursdays game and can't wait to see what lies ahead.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The key is going to be can the Bears slow down Murray. Force Romo to throw the football and beat us. The Dallas Cowboys defense has improved but I think last week showed they are anything but a great defense and we tore them up last year (remember Alshon's ridiculous catch?).

I would not be surprised though to see Dez have a Megatron like game against us. We can't cover anything right now.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm fairly confident the only way we win this game is if Weeden has to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The key is going to be can the Bears slow down Murray. Force Romo to throw the football and beat us. The Dallas Cowboys defense has improved but I think last week showed they are anything but a great defense and we tore them up last year (remember Alshon's ridiculous catch?).

I would not be surprised though to see Dez have a Megatron like game against us. We can't cover anything right now.

You are correct and I could see us slowing down Murray. Cowboys are a run to set up the pass team and if they don't run well their offense doesn't work. Our defense has actually performed okay with these type offenses. It's the pass to set up the run teams that have killed us. If Ratliff is active and the Cowboys stick with their game plan they have all year I could see us forcing Romo to throw and that is when he turns Cutler-like. I also see us being able to move the ball on their defense.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lmao definer of what?? This team is awful, we've known that since the Pats game or earlier.

Define how we finish the year. When a team ends on a high note, even when out of contention, they often carry that momentum with them over to the next season.

And how we finish the season will most likely dictate what changes will be made in the off season. I think we finish either feast or famine and it starts this Thursday.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
bears cannot and will not manage to do anything until the defensive rebuild is complete its that simple

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Bears have allowed multiple scrubs to put up their best passing games of the year. I don't think forcing a pro-bowl QB to throw to his array of stud receivers versus a hobbled rookie and who knows who else is the winning game plan. This game might get ugly.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I'm predicting that this next game will shape who we are in the last quarter of the season and ultimately lay the foundation to what off season changes are made.

First off we are for all intents and purposes Bears are out of playoff contention. Now of course the Cowboys are very much in the thick of things. The Cowboys should be able to soundly beat us but when you look at them they aren't all that impressive. They are coming off a pasting by the Eagles, they have over achieved as a defense, and if you slow down Murray their offense is very average. I could see the Bears giving the Cowboys all they can handle and possibly more.

If the Bears beat the Cowboys I see them riding that momentum and playing a spolier role against the Saints and the Lions and thereby finishing the season on a strong note which would save Trestman and Cutler.

If however we lose to the Cowboys, I expect the deflated Bears team to be dominated by a contending Saints and Lions team and even losing to the scrappy Vikes team in Minny. If this were to happen we are 5-11 or 6-10 and capping off an ugly season with an ugly finish. This would most likely bring about some big changes. So I'm looking forward to this Thursdays game and can't wait to see what lies ahead.

Sadly, we're already defined.

Coming out last week and kicking the sh_t out of the Lions would have defined us as a playoff contender.

Now we're defined as just one of the crappy teams who has to continue playing even though the season is over.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of my friends are picking the Bears to win that game...Myself, I'm not so sure

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
This is funny.

'Definer'? The Bears are a shit team. They aren't terrible shit like Oakland or Tennesse lacking talent, they are mediocre shit like Carolina or Minnesota. They have talent and with proper coaching, scheming and minimal injuries, can be a 9-7 type team. However, as constructed - particularly with an old defense that lacks top tier talent and a mistake prone QB - they are a mediocre to shit team.

The Dallas game will not be a definer. The Bears are ALREADY defined. A good showing won't change anything. The offense has been bad all year (save for one half). The offense has been anemic against good teams (Det, GB, NE) and blah against shit teams (TB, MN). The defense has played perhaps two decent games all year - against shit teams (TB, MN). They ARE defined.

The Bears could end the season today and we still know exactly what they are. A 'strong finish' means nothing. 'Momentum' doesn't carry over from December to September of the following year. The Bears have had multiple shit seasons over the last 30. Does anyone remember any 'strong finishes'?

The Bears can (and should) look different next season. A 'strong defining' finish will be with the current roster. Many players on the current roster will be gone.

A 'strong' finish, might ensure a lack of coaching changes. Perhaps not Emery or Trestman, but definitely Tucker and Joe D. Is that what you want?

A 'strong' finish might mean the difference in drafting 8th or 17th. Is that what you want?

So, no - the game won't 'define'. Dallas, NO and Detroit are all in heated races for their divisions. Dallas and Detroit, in particular, are in heated races for the WC spot (assuming Phi and GB win the div). NO is playing much better and MUST win to win the shit NFC South. I expect the Bears to lose all 3 games. The last game of the season will be a meaningless game at MN with two shit teams playing for nothing on what will most likely be a bitterly cold day. I will yawn and snore.

Liked Posts:
I believe Cowboys are going to snap their recent losing streak against the Bears. I hate to say it but it's been that kind of season. Dallas is playing for the postseason where the Bears have supposedly given up on their own coach, again supposedly(I don't know I'm not there). Usually where there's smoke there's fire. If I hate to bet my bottom dollar, I'd have to bet on Dallas here. IMO the Bears look more lethargic as the season goes.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lethargic is a good word for that offense..

cobra302

Liked Posts:
A lot of my friends are picking the Bears to win that game...Myself, I'm not so sure

I don't see how anyone in their right mind would pick the Bears to win that game, or any of the remaining games, for that matter.
Here's hoping for a house cleaning at season's end. I won't watch this crap for another season if the same regime is in place.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tony Romo is going to have a career game, but they'll hang their hat on containing Demarco Murray and by that I mean 23 rushes for 110 and a touchdown. The only reason why the bears have been so "stout" against the run this year is because teams with a semi-competent quarterback can pick them apart going the length of the field in less than 5 minutes, it's embarrassing.

We'll then see the offense get "zoned out", dink/dunk bullshit we thought we got rid of back in 2003 when Terry Shea was fired. It will be more of the same lopsided garbage play calling we've become accustomed to.

38 - 20 is my prediction, sadly, the cowgirls. And it stings a little extra having to hear all the stupid cowgirl fans down here in Texas.

That's my definition of this team.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have mixed emotions how I would like the rest of the season to play out. On one hand I don't think Trestman is a HC and he needs to be jettisoned and if the Bears tank the rest of the way the odds of that happening are significantly increased. On the other hand I'm a fan and always root for the beloved and would love to see them play spoiler. Anyways from the perspective of hoping they tank so major changes can be made, one would have to hope that the Cowboys come hand it to the Bears this Thursday. I just think the way these teams match up, the Cowboys can very much come crap the bed this Thursday. Cowboys are a lot like the Bears and tend to shoot themselves in the foot when they can't afford to.

But if you want to mope around like a bunch of Eyores then go right ahead. :crying:

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I have mixed emotions how I would like the rest of the season to play out. On one hand I don't think Trestman is a HC and he needs to be jettisoned and if the Bears tank the rest of the way the odds of that happening are significantly increased. On the other hand I'm a fan and always root for the beloved and would love to see them play spoiler. Anyways from the perspective of hoping they tank so major changes can be made, one would have to hope that the Cowboys come hand it to the Bears this Thursday. I just think the way these teams match up, the Cowboys can very much come crap the bed this Thursday. Cowboys are a lot like the Bears and tend to shoot themselves in the foot when they can't afford to.

But if you want to mope around like a bunch of Eyores then go right ahead. :crying:

On the contrary, let's look at the match ups:

OL/DL - The Bears ONLY defensive positive this year has been the pash rush (particularly up the middle). Dallas best oline in NFL. I take the Dallas OLine against the Bears front 4.

Running Game - see above. Murray has slowed down a bit, but Bears suck against the run and fortunately haven't had to face top tier RBs this year. A top RB like Murray, with that line, will shred this team.

Witten v. LB - huge matchup issue. I see Witten going for 8 catches plus.

Dez v. CB - Jennings has looked bad all year. Let's be honest, Fuller got DESTROYED by Megatron. Now, granted, he destroys many dbs and Fuller is hurt. I just think he's much more dinged up than thought and not as effective. Dez could - and should - go off.

Romo - yes, it's Romo and yes, it's December, but mobile QBs hurt the Bears (Rodgers, Tannehill, etc). Cam probably would have done more damage, but he's bad and was playing on one leg.

Bears O v. Dallas D - Dallas banged up and back to being mediocre. That said, the Bears offense has sucked against everyone this season. Why should we expect differently?

So, I just see this as a matchup issue like so many games and Bears lose. Plus coaching and intangibles. Bears appear to have mailed it in and Dallas is in a playoff dogfight.