The curious case of Velus Jones Jr

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem with Velus is that fans are expecting him to be a prototypical WR. He's not and never will be. They are using him exactly how he needs to be used. Endarounds, WR screens, the occasional deep ball. I'm guessing there's a lot of nerves and he knows this team needs WRs to make plays. But everyone on the team has dropped passes. The issue is that the Bears drafted him when they needed a prototypical WR. And there's a wide range of results for guys like him. Odds are he won't be Deebo. But he has a chance to be better than guys like Laviska Shenault. Devin Duvernay is kind of taking a little step this year. And I think worst case, they can try to make him into Cordarrelle Patterson. The Bears drafted a swiss army knife when they needed a whole kitchen knife set. But I think if you get other pieces around him, he can be a fun and productive player.
Or, maybe the guy is just a lousy football player.?

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
maybe VJJ can be converted to CB, he's really good at getting the football on the ground

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nothing curios about Jones. He should not be on the team next years. 3 bad TOs cost the Bears 3 chances at wins this year

napo55

Liked Posts:
Well, he's better than Ebner! Oh, wait...

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
So we have a 25 year old rookie who is a kickoff returner, the most useless position in the NFL by current rules.

He was supposedly drafted for his NFL readiness but can't seem to get on the field on offense and fumbled away his chances as a punt returner.

Does he develop on the bench at 25 years old?

He's the biggest head scratcher for Poles from the draft picks so far.

Why not put him in for more plays on offense?
Fumbled again today. I think he was a waste of a pick

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He's been so bad as a rookie that I think it's already a forgone conclusion he's not on the roster next season. Would be curious to know how many 3rd round picks are cut before their 2nd season in the league.

Between the Jones pick and the Claypool trade, Ryan Poles has shown he has no idea what he's doing at WR.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It took him 6 years to figure it out in college, just gotta give him 5 more years and he'll be a stud.
Just in time for him to start collecting social security

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He's been so bad as a rookie that I think it's already a forgone conclusion he's not on the roster next season. Would be curious to know how many 3rd round picks are cut before their 2nd season in the league.

Between the Jones pick and the Claypool trade, Ryan Poles has shown he has no idea what he's doing at WR.

He signed Pringle, Pettis and St. Brown man! Traded for Harry! you aren't happy?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about we let a rookie get a season or two under his belt before making judgments
Lmao. You were shitting all over fields but want to give the guy who has given the ball to the other team more than he’s actually helped his own team more opportunity to give the ball to the other team?

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
The only thing I’m curious about is why why Poles wasted a 3rd rounder on this asshole

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lmao. You were shitting all over fields but want to give the guy who has given the ball to the other team more than he’s actually helped his own team more opportunity to give the ball to the other team?

Shitting all over Fields?

Nice exaggeration. Obviously Velus is playing like ass but that doesn't mean you can't point out when other players struggle either. Fields improved over the season. Its a been a story all year

I mean, there's plenty of you who thought Fields needed players around him or he was going to be a bust. While I've always said that he's going to take a step whether he has talent around him or not.

What happened?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So was Fields playing poorly at all this season? Yes or no? Has there ever been a moment in this season where he was struggling?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t know but Jones is terrible

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pretty much was done with him when he fumbled the ball again.

singlehandedly lost 3 games with his fumbles. but if he doesn't fumble, we're picking 14th. just saying ?‍♂️