The Downfall of Mitch Trubisky: The 2019 DISASTER

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
One can easily put together hours of footage of mistakes from HOF QBs like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Favre, etc. All QBs make mistakes. But Trubisky's mistakes are magnified because he was a #2 overall pick who was traded up for, picked before Mahomes and Watson, and he's on the Bears which has a history of poor QB play. If Trubisky had been a late 1st round pick, the criticism of him from media and the fans wouldn't be overblown. Now it has gotten ridiculous where he has to complete every pass otherwise he sucks.

Over the last couple of years, we've seen Mitch lead good final drives down the field. They won the game at Denver with a kick, lost to the Eagles in the playoffs, lost to the Chargers last year, he threw a last second INT to Amos against the Packers. But what does this tell us about Mitch? Those last minute drives were hurry up offenses. Mitch does better when he doesn't have to think and overanalyze. He also did very well in 2018 on scripted first drives of the games. Nagy seems like a control freak and being a QB himself, I know he's on Mitch's headset the whole time until they cut it off. The best players in the world play by instinct. But how can you play by instinct when you have a voice in your head repeatedly saying "check this, check that, don't forget this, watch out for this." By the time the ball is snapped, you have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Yes, Trubisky has some headscratcher decisions. But I've seen the same from Rodgers. For once, I'd like to see Nagy let Mitch "Be You". Just let the kid play. Otherwise, we're gonna see a better coach sign Mitch on the waiver wire and turn him into a perennial pro bowler.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
One can easily put together hours of footage of mistakes from HOF QBs like Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Favre, etc. All QBs make mistakes. But Trubisky's mistakes are magnified because he was a #2 overall pick who was traded up for, picked before Mahomes and Watson, and he's on the Bears which has a history of poor QB play. If Trubisky had been a late 1st round pick, the criticism of him from media and the fans wouldn't be overblown. Now it has gotten ridiculous where he has to complete every pass otherwise he sucks.

Over the last couple of years, we've seen Mitch lead good final drives down the field. They won the game at Denver with a kick, lost to the Eagles in the playoffs, lost to the Chargers last year, he threw a last second INT to Amos against the Packers. But what does this tell us about Mitch? Those last minute drives were hurry up offenses. Mitch does better when he doesn't have to think and overanalyze. He also did very well in 2018 on scripted first drives of the games. Nagy seems like a control freak and being a QB himself, I know he's on Mitch's headset the whole time until they cut it off. The best players in the world play by instinct. But how can you play by instinct when you have a voice in your head repeatedly saying "check this, check that, don't forget this, watch out for this." By the time the ball is snapped, you have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Yes, Trubisky has some headscratcher decisions. But I've seen the same from Rodgers. For once, I'd like to see Nagy let Mitch "Be You". Just let the kid play. Otherwise, we're gonna see a better coach sign Mitch on the waiver wire and turn him into a perennial pro bowler.

Every QB makes mistakes but the good ones also have quite a large good to bad play ratio . They may miss one throw or even two but they are gonna make 8-10 other plays that beat you that game . Mitch has not been making those plays and thats why he catches so much flack.He hasnt taken advantage of the few chances he gets and not good enough to create his own opportunities with his football IQ or qb skills.

We scored once or twice in the first quarter all season and maybe 10 times in the first half all season . The qb flat out admits not paying attention to the details and not being prepared so he deserves everything hes gotten .

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Otherwise, we're gonna see a better coach sign Mitch on the waiver wire and turn him into a perennial pro bowler.

Sounds great, too bad all the ex bear rejects (Shane Matthews, Orton, McCown, Cutler, Grossman, Jim Miller etc) all had their career best seasons as a Bear and sucked just the same with their new teams.

Even Chase Daniels kept that trend alive. My boy Chase had thrown a grand total of 1 TD prior to coming to the Bears and he's been in the league since 2010. Just 2 seasons with the Bears he threw for a career high 6 TD's, LOL

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Sounds great, too bad all the ex bear rejects (Shane Matthews, Orton, McCown, Cutler, Grossman, Jim Miller etc) all had their career best seasons as a Bear and sucked just the same with their new teams.

Even Chase Daniels kept that trend alive. My boy Chase had thrown a grand total of 1 TD prior to coming to the Bears and he's been in the league since 2010. Just 2 seasons with the Bears he threw for a career high 6 TD's, LOL

I remember the knock on Orton being he couldn't throw and stretch the field and thats why hester wasn't putting up number one receiver type numbers but then he went to Denver with Brandon Marshall and lit it up.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Every QB makes mistakes but the good ones also have quite a large good to bad play ratio . They may miss one throw or even two but they are gonna make 8-10 other plays that beat you that game . Mitch has not been making those plays and thats why he catches so much flack.He hasnt taken advantage of the few chances he gets and not good enough to create his own opportunities with his football IQ or qb skills.

We scored once or twice in the first quarter all season and maybe 10 times in the first half all season . The qb flat out admits not paying attention to the details and not being prepared so he deserves everything hes gotten .

Elite QBs are probably 80/20 good plays to poor plays. Good QBs are 70/30. Average QBs are 60/40. I would put Mitch at Average QB right now. And though fans and media may say that Mitch is below average, I would argue against that and put Mitch way above guys like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Clausen etc.

The thing about Mitch's progression as a QB is, Nagy focused on playcalling instead of developing his fundamentals and mechanics. Nagy has said so himself that it doesn't matter how Mitch throws the ball as long as he knows the play well. He was a raw QB who was never taught how to be a QB. Even Mahomes and Watson were considered raw talents when they were drafted.

What gets me excited about this season is that he finally had a QB coach work with him over the offseason. Will it work? I don't know. But I'm willing to think positive and hope that it worked.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:

Of all those QBs you mentioned though, only Cutler had any real talent. He just couldn't get along with any of his coordinators. The others were just guys who didn't really flash any promise. Under the wings of an Andy Reid, Josh McDaniels, Kyle Shanahan, Sean Payton, I think Trubisky could be a Top 10 QB. Maybe not elite, but most likely a good starting QB.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Elite QBs are probably 80/20 good plays to poor plays. Good QBs are 70/30. Average QBs are 60/40. I would put Mitch at Average QB right now. And though fans and media may say that Mitch is below average, I would argue against that and put Mitch way above guys like Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Clausen etc.

The thing about Mitch's progression as a QB is, Nagy focused on playcalling instead of developing his fundamentals and mechanics. Nagy has said so himself that it doesn't matter how Mitch throws the ball as long as he knows the play well. He was a raw QB who was never taught how to be a QB. Even Mahomes and Watson were considered raw talents when they were drafted.

What gets me excited about this season is that he finally had a QB coach work with him over the offseason. Will it work? I don't know. But I'm willing to think positive and hope that it worked.

Hes not 60/40 not when hes out here throwing for 125 yards and 4-5 ypa . Thats not an average qb who would be 15th or so thats a bottom tier qb . He can improve but no way hes 60/40 right now if he was there would be no need for Foles and he would have his extension

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Hes not 60/40 not when hes out here throwing for 125 yards and 4-5 ypa . Thats not an average qb who would be 15th or so thats a bottom tier qb . He can improve but no way hes 60/40 right now if he was there would be no need for Foles and he would have his extension

Where did you get 125 yards and 4-5 ypa? Even in a horrible season last year, he threw for 210 yards/game and 6 ypa. In 2018 he threw for 230 yards/game and 7.4 ypa. Those aren't great numbers but they're not Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell territory. If you take his stats from 2018 and 2019, he's a Top 20-25 QB. Which is average. And improving to a Top 15 QB is not out of the question.