The Downfall of Mitch Trubisky: The 2019 DISASTER

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Nagy knows that Trubisky can not make a career out of being a running QB.

I honestly think we are past that and Mitch needs to do it in order to keep a career at all.

Let him run loose and create things = the best chance he has at producing in the NFL.

As low a chance as that is.

Honestly think Nagy wants a pocket passer and wants Foles to be the guy. I think Nagy was done with Mitch last year but had to roll with the punches with no other real option.

Last edited:

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's Nagys problem. He's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Let the man play his game. Mitch gotta run. Let Mitch RUN

Don't forget that Mitch had a shoulder in a damn sling for most of '19. Seemed pretty clear Mitch was gunshy both to pull the trigger on throws and even more shy to run after getting hurt.
Of course that shit OL play, zero run game, & predictability makes things even worse. It's like Cutler & Rex seeing ghosts all over again with only slightly less "happy feet" issues.

Man, if CHI could just someday put it all together on O and at least be up to the high mark of average.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curious how often Mitch fails to step up into a throw or fails to do so when Leno or another OL is being pushed or allows defender right into the space he needs to step up into?

(play timestamped here at 7:56)

Good analysis though. Cool to see that Nagy did actually dial up several TDs that unfortunately Mitch just flat missed.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
not mitch ...it's MITCHELL!
tenor.gif

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Don't forget that Mitch had a shoulder in a damn sling for most of '19. Seemed pretty clear Mitch was gunshy both to pull the trigger on throws and even more shy to run after getting hurt.
Of course that shit OL play, zero run game, & predictability makes things even worse. It's like Cutler & Rex seeing ghosts all over again with only slightly less "happy feet" issues.

Man, if CHI could just someday put it all together on O and at least be up to the high mark of average.
yeah, this o-line makes me nervous for Mitchell. that's why nobody is throwing him under the bus.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, this o-line makes me nervous for Mitchell. that's why nobody is throwing him under the bus.

MSM sure as hell has been roasting Mitch. Granted, he's not played well.

My concern is that other than a few top 5 elite QBs, nobody can play well with no run game, shit OL, and predictable plays. Hopefully they reasonably improve most of these for whoever the QB will be.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The whole fucking offense is soft. Nagy is terrible. TRU is terrible. The Oline blows. The RBs are either slow or the other runs east/west. The Wrs are slow and consistently drop passes.

AROB is the whole offense and that’s fucking sad.

It’s ironic that Chicago hires an offensive minded coach and then they become one of the worst offensive in the league. #classicchicago

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
MSM sure as hell has been roasting Mitch. Granted, he's not played well.

My concern is that other than a few top 5 elite QBs, nobody can play well with no run game, shit OL, and predictable plays. Hopefully they reasonably improve most of these for whoever the QB will be.
"My concern is that other than a few top 5 elite QBs, nobody can play well with no run game, shit OL, and predictable plays. "
I want in on this.

Correct me if i'm wrong, Steve Young and Russell Wilson are the only Qb's I can think of that can actually be good enough to win out with problems everywhere on offense, BUT! S.Y. had Jerry Rice to throw the ball too, And both S.Y and R.W did have a run game. But Steve Young and Wilson is the only guys I can think of that can probably put the team on their backs to carry the whole team to win games and Russell reminds me of S.Y anyways. Could add Unitas to this list just because he was actually very versatile but not for today's game..

Nots... Tom Brady, Not Joe Namath(am i wrong?), Not Cam, Brees, Aikman, Roethlisberger, Elway, Peyton, Marino, Warner, Kelly, Moon, McNaab, Ryan, Vick, Romo...etc. All these dudes have/had a good lines and good weapons and was good enough to be an QB anyways.

Maybes.. Favre, Montana, Rodgers..these guys always had the pieces but they, themselves make games turnout differently but *by a wide margin.

Question is still out on Mahomes and Watson is to be honest, put them two guys on the bears and see what happens..probably some injuries waiting to happen, no doubt.

Last edited:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
"My concern is that other than a few top 5 elite QBs, nobody can play well with no run game, shit OL, and predictable plays. "
I want in on this.

Correct me if i'm wrong, Steve Young and Russell Wilson are the only Qb's I can think of that can actually be good enough to win out with problems everywhere on offense, BUT! S.Y. had Jerry Rice to throw the ball too, And both S.Y and R.W did have a run game. But Steve Young and Wilson is the only guys I can think of that can probably put the team on their backs to carry the whole team to win games and Russell reminds me of S.Y anyways. Could add Unitas to this list just because he was actually very versatile but not for today's game..

Nots... Tom Brady, Not Joe Namath(am i wrong?), Not Cam, Brees, Aikman, Roethlisberger, Elway, Peyton, Marino, Warner, Kelly, Moon, McNaab, Ryan, Vick, Romo...etc. All these dudes have/had a good lines and good weapons and was good enough to be an QB anyways.

Maybes.. Favre, Montana, Rodgers..these guys always had the pieces but they themselves make games turnout differently but a wide margin.

Question is still out on Mahomes and Watson is to honest, put them two guys on the bears and see what happens..probably some injuries waiting to happen, no doubt.

" No qb can play well " is an interesting fallacy used primarily as a excuse for poor qb play almost excursively for Mitch Trubisky .

The plays are predictable because Mitch is limited because he doesn't well under center ,and has trouble reading defenses and suffers from mind boggling accuracy issues at times .

The video shows that there were a clear number of plays that flat out didnt get made because Mitch just missed so the OLine issues are overstated.

I honestly cant think of a time in the NFL where quite a few qbs didnt play well despite not having all those things .

For Mitch to need everything to be perfect for him to give us average qb play with league forced turnovers and short fields it pretty means hes not the guy .

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The video shows that there were a clear number of plays that flat out didnt get made because Mitch just missed so the OLine issues are overstated.

I honestly cant think of a time in the NFL where quite a few qbs didnt play well despite not having all those things .

For Mitch to need everything to be perfect for him to give us average qb play with league forced turnovers and short fields it pretty means hes not the guy .

BINGO. The plays are there...it's just Mitch can't make them. There is a ton of video evidence that show players getting open but he can't read and react as he panics in the pocket.

This particular still says all. Look at the amazing pocket forming. the clear throwing lane parted like the red sea right up the gut as Arob is breaking open 15 yards downfield but Mitch already has happy feet scrambling to his right looking for the safe pass to the Tight end 3 yards in the flat.

ggal.jpg

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
" No qb can play well " is an interesting fallacy used primarily as a excuse for poor qb play almost excursively for Mitch Trubisky .

The plays are predictable because Mitch is limited because he doesn't well under center ,and has trouble reading defenses and suffers from mind boggling accuracy issues at times .

I suggest you go on youtube and look up "the tape never lies" and you will see how the OL issues are not overstated.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
BINGO. The plays are there...it's just Mitch can't make them. There is a ton of video evidence that show players getting open but he can't read and react as he panics in the pocket.

This particular still says all. Look at the amazing pocket forming. the clear throwing lane parted like the red sea right up the gut as Arob is breaking open 15 yards downfield but Mitch already has happy feet scrambling to his right looking for the safe pass to the Tight end 3 yards in the flat.

View attachment 6445

This freeze frame and the one with Burton are typically the only TWO in an entire season that I have seen referenced when talking about Mitch's reading shortfalls. Yep, they were both bad, but can we see some more? Listen to the WR coach in the latest article talking about Miller being out of position. You think he says that to cover for Mitch, or because he was regularly fucking up the first half of last year? Mitch makes mistakes, but let's not inflate his inadequacies. Outside of Robinson last year, there wasn't much going right on the offense, and that definitely doesn't all reside with the QB.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I'm not only replying just to you but everyone here also...
Ok, A lot more could be added that Mitch sucks about also, but let's try to move past last year just cause Mitchell was "injured" and blah blah this and that, Nagy's 2.0 basically messed up TRUBISKY, TARIK, MILLER, The TE'S and nearly the entire OLINE and even Nagy himself, also the Run game forgotten about but importantly, there' factor in the business from a standpoint that we have no idea about but I can tell you right now every business has one, they cover up some sort of Snafu and hope for the best. Plus let's consider the entire staff probably didn't want to just throw the season towel (admitting mistakes) in early, butthey had to get Mitchell some more game experience for the season whether they make to playoffs or not, gotta think the whole team took a dive and still managed well enough to try and make it to the playoffs as a undeserving team without any preseason action. but in the deep end the McCaskey was probably like "fuck no!..this is the 100th season, please don't bother shitting the bed. show some fucking integrity and get your asses out there! this is the 100th season ffs!!!"
just think about that for a second..it could of been the 100th season and fucking Daniels is the QB?

View attachment 6445
Hardcore nitpicking...
this play has been brought up by Nagy and Mitchell on the radio back then i believe, basically mitchell didnt see the cut by arob from behind the LB. he was looking at burton.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Everyone wants to argue back and forth if it was a problem with the o-line, WRs, TEs or the QB.....

How about all the above, the entire Offense was a disaster, so what did the Bears do.
1. Let the o-line coach go and hired a new one
2. Picked up a couple of lineman for competition and drafted a couple very late.
3. Picked up a vet TE and drafted one
4. Fired the OC and hired a new one
5. Let the speedy/expensive WR go and picked up a couple others at a reasonable price.
6. Oh yeah, they traded for Vet QB and renegotiated his contract

While they may have not done enough to get the Bears offense into the top ten, they did not just sit on their hands and do nothing. The actions they took could have them performing in the middle of the pack, which would be a dramatic improvement.

The two areas I thought they could have done more was o-lineand Running back. It appears that they are banking on coaching making the difference with the o-line. Harry has screwed the Bears twice now, so I am thinking that a competent O-line coach will bring AT Least a minor improvement.

The Lack of running backs on the roster is concerning, only 4. I like all of them Nall is more like a FB, but a lot of team that have success running the ball have a player like him that blocks and runs with power but is very surprisingly good at catching the ball. Montgomery is a grinder and I think he can be much better with only slightly better blocking. Cohen can be super explosive if he has good blocking (we had none last year), and the rookie, the only addition, looks to have some talent and the right size, but he went undrafted for a reason. lack of production.

I'm not sure this RB group is going to be explosive enough to keep Nagy patient enough to stick with the running game, because both QB's NEED a average or better running game.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
@Mdbearz all good points.

With this defense the Bears already have 8 wins before the season even starts. Now can the offense do it's part and eek out another 2-3 wins.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
As much as Mitch did regress, so did the whole damn offense. It was a cluster from top to bottom. Pace, Nagy and his coaching staff, the OL with regression and injury, receivers who were third in the league in dropped passes, lack of any kind of a running game, the TE room or lack there of and of course Mitch. A perfect storm of shit.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

It was his left shoulder and he sucked from week 1. Good try tho bruh

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was his left shoulder and he sucked from week 1. Good try tho bruh
Your forgetting his shoulder imbalance which is fixed now Mitch worked hard and now will show off his lazor rocket arm this season