The dreadful impacts of CTE

Tillman33

Liked Posts:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Disrespectful title. The league wronged this players by not taking concussions seriously. Shouldn't make jokes about it.

True but it’s gotten a lot better. But yeah might be too soon on that joke. My b, wasn’t trying to be disrespectful or take concussions lightly. I took out the last bit

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
But what is with this team and their love for Nagy don’t they want to win

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
But what is with this team and their love for Nagy don’t they want to win
We have no idea if that’s how Gipson really feels about Nagy. That could just be media talk. Most players won’t disrespect their HC/FO publicly.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Friendly reminder that concussions have nothing to do with CTE.

The NFL saying they are addressing CTE by better managing or trying to prevent concussions is just like big tobacco saying they were preventing lung disease and cancer by putting filters on cigarettes.

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
Friendly reminder that concussions have nothing to do with CTE.

The NFL saying they are addressing CTE by better managing or trying to prevent concussions is just like big tobacco saying they were preventing lung disease and cancer by putting filters on cigarettes.
Has it been proven they have nothing to do with it, or that it isn't the primary cause?

Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why am I not surprised that everyone makes up there own narrative regardless of source or what's said?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has it been proven they have nothing to do with it, or that it isn't the primary cause?
Well the research used to suggest it was caused by repeated small microtraumas like linemen experience basically every down, rather than by concussions. The upshot was that the league was ignoring this by focusing on concussions in order to say they were dealing with the problem.

Now apparently the research says it's both - concussions and repeated smaller impacts.with no concussion symptoms.

So I was incorrect when I said concussions have nothing to do with CTE. The experts still believe football players are at risk of CTE whether or not they have a history of concussions.

"We believe CTE is caused by repetitive brain trauma. This trauma includes both concussions that cause symptoms and subconcussive hits to the head that cause no symptoms. At this time the number or type of hits to the head needed to trigger degenerative changes of the brain is unknown. In addition, it is likely that other factors, such as genetics, may play a role in the development of CTE, as not everyone with a history of repeated brain trauma develops this disease. However, these other factors are not yet"