KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I was listening to the latest TTNL video with Ryan Nall and David Montgomery. Draft Dr Phil was talking about how every time RR gets a shot he makes plays, such as the Titans game last year. He went on to ask Ryan Nall what player he thought would breakout this season, and Ryan said RR. I know it doesn't matter considering Nagy is the coach, but what are the chances a new coach could unlock his potential on 2022?

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is the episode for those of you who want to hear it. They start talking about Riley towards the end after David leaves.

Reactions: DC

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
It should be a crime he hasn’t been used more. That is Nagy’s worst attribute-he can evaluate personnel for shit. See Coward actually starting for proof. I’m a UGA homer, but Ridley could really contribute if given the chance.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
It should be a crime he hasn’t been used more. That is Nagy’s worst attribute-he can evaluate personnel for shit. See Coward actually starting for proof. I’m a UGA homer, but Ridley could really contribute if given the chance.

Even beyond evaluation, he (Nagy) just doesn't seem to know how to use personnel. A lot of times there is no rhyme or reason (ie. taking TE off the field in the red zone.. jump balls and fades to our smallest receivers).

He seriously seems so preoccupied with trying to trick the defense with "unexpected" plays based on personnel, that he doesn't actually use our best personnel, situationally, to our advantage.

Its real fucked up. And this is the guy they somehow will entrust and let call plays AGAIN.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with Riley Ridley is that he moves like a pretty quick tight end, which is not great for a wide receiver.

Let’s take a look at 1 of his catches in the playoff game. He’s lined up in the wide slot, in between the wide receiver and tight end. He is completely unguarded pre snap. At the snap, the Saints send a middle linebacker from the b gap to go cover him. This shows how little respect the defense has for Ridley on the field...

UnkemptJitteryAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what to make of him. He never plays. If he were this bad these past two years I'd suppose the Bears would probably have cut him by now, so the fact that he's still rostered and guys talk about him makes me think something else is afoot.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The problem with Riley Ridley is that he moves like a pretty quick tight end, which is not great for a wide receiver.

Let’s take a look at 1 of his catches in the playoff game. He’s lined up in the wide slot, in between the wide receiver and tight end. He is completely unguarded pre snap. At the snap, the Saints send a middle linebacker from the b gap to go cover him. This shows how little respect the defense has for Ridley on the field...

Was this late in the game, a prevent defense?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was listening to the latest TTNL video with Ryan Nall and David Montgomery. Draft Dr Phil was talking about how every time RR gets a shot he makes plays, such as the Titans game last year. He went on to ask Ryan Nall what player he thought would breakout this season, and Ryan said RR. I know it doesn't matter considering Nagy is the coach, but what are the chances a new coach could unlock his potential on 2022?

He’s very forgettable, you should forget about him too.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What is the fascination with ridley????
He has not been used, so fans assume the coaches are wrong. Once he gets targeted, if he shows he wasn’t worthy of more time, it won’t be that the coaches were right. Fans will just move on to some other topic.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Even beyond evaluation, he (Nagy) just doesn't seem to know how to use personnel. A lot of times there is no rhyme or reason (ie. taking TE off the field in the red zone.. jump balls and fades to our smallest receivers).

He seriously seems so preoccupied with trying to trick the defense with "unexpected" plays based on personnel, that he doesn't actually use our best personnel, situationally, to our advantage.

Its real fucked up. And this is the guy they somehow will entrust and let call plays AGAIN.
Agree 1000%!

Cohen is back this year, and there will be more than a couple of game this coming year where it will be 4th and 1, and Monty will be on the sideline. Cohen will run sideways for a 3 yard loss, or they will try to run him up the middle.

Nagy needs to learn that a offensive scheme has something to do with your players, and not just trying to fool the defense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

The kid came out of the draft with the talk of him being a great route runner and good hands and Nall is right cause he does seem to make plays whenever he does get a chance, now those chances are very small and usually in the end of games that are already over in some way but he still does make his plays. Many on here have said that Nagy has him in his doghouse for some reason but don't know if that's true but if the HC or any other coach can't see this kid has talent in practice or in games then either their right or our offensive issue runs deep.

Seems to me like we already have the replacement for A.Miller with Ridley if he could just get his shot as our slot WR.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

lol. Or it shows that Nagy failed to use that to his advantage by never doing it again.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Us Bears fans are notorious for wanting the guy on the bench to come in, only to discover that they are not any better than the player on the field.

However, Nagy has shown us that he is capable of actually over looking good talent on the offense, so it would not surprise me if RR is a good WR.

I remember seeing him and his brother play in the Championship game in 2018, and Riley was the better WR that day catching everything thrown his way. Calvin has obviously had the better NFL career, but I have wondered when he would get a shot to show if he has enough talent to play in the NFL.

I have a feeling Robinson is going to make some business decision this year with his play, and we will need someone to step up....