The Front Office & Coaching Staff are ahead of the curve - and no one sees it. FTO

36special

Liked Posts:
Not a great argument.

Fields is not a bust yet. This is true. There is no way that you can judge him when he started his career with Nagy and one completely different offenses with completely (minus Mooney and Kmet) different receivers and now finds himself running the Shannohan offense with players that are essentially back up quality along the line and receiver positions. It is true that the front office set Fields up to fail. No doubt. Put Manning or any other GREAT QB in this situation and they would not look good either.

Our new GM looks like he is over his head and made some dumb decisions in the off season. This is not Fields fault. It is Poles.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fields sucked. The Oline is bad at pass blocking. Getsey is over his head. Flus can’t manage a clock. The WRs stink. The TE stinks. The Secondary Stinks. The rookies stink. The pass rush stinks.

I covered it all and did it in one post. Look at me!!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude, this isn't news. I said he had a bad game. I just am not going to put all of the offensive failings on Fields. That doesn't mean I put NONE of it on Fields.

You guys have to stop with this binary way of thinking....

Is that what you think I’m doing? Putting all the blame on Fields? He was the worst thing on offense… but I don’t think all the blame is his by any means.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@BaBaBlacksheep Let me help you with something - My thoughts mirror Trent Dilfer's on Fields:

Sigh… I really wanted to know which of his thoughts mirrored this 20 minute video.

Said some nice stuff about Getsy. Said Fields had a bad day. Hasn’t totally given up on him though. I too agree with lots of what he said.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Jones is absolutely getting manhandled in pass protection. And borom is getting waxed as well.

Completely explains to me why they picked up leatherwood, contract and all, off of waivers.
Even though Leatherwood is known as a better run blocker than pass blocker so far in his career?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Its only a stupid argument to stupid people. No one plays in a vacuum. Your post is an example of something Fields does need to get better at. Never said he was faultless. He played bad last game.

However, when I look at the sacks, and see Mustipher getting blown up or blowing an assignment and the edges not holding, that's not on Fields.

Time stamps:

• Like here - Borom blocking the wrong guy (start of vid)
  • Or here, with both Borom and Jones getting abused on the edges (40 seconds in):
  • Or here, Jones getting abused again (and Borom getting tossed as well) (73 seconds in):
  • Or do you prefer a trifecta of Jones, Whitehair, and Borom all getting trucked? (82 seconds in)
  • Tired of the O-Line examples? Ok, let's see someone else not pickup a block. (88 seconds in)
  • Back to the line - RUN JONES RUN, YOU MISSED YOUR BLOCK AGAIN! (95 seconds in)
  • Jones and Borom again - WONDERTWIN POWERS: ACTIVATE! Shape of, A TACKLING DUMMY. Form of, A BLOCKING SLED! (104 seconds in)
  • What happens when your tight end forgets to chip before running his route (112 seconds in)

Separating this one out - lets see what happens when you get Fields time to throw (although Jones tries his hardest to suck) - 122 seconds in

• Back to the crap now! Sam Mustipher felt lonely being left out, so he decided not to block too! (133 seconds in)
  • Wonder TwinTackles at it again! (144 seconds in)
  • Jones and Borom AGAIN getting pushed around, and this time Jenkins has himself a rare bad set (156 Seconds in)

And that is just the FIRST HALF.

NO ONE should come at me saying the line is fine. The tackles can't pass protect for SHIT.

Edit - Youtube blocked the NFL vids and opening it in youtube removes the time stamp. Going to clean it up.
Watching this shows ESQ open just about every play. Some of these play designs need to start going to him as option #1.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You realize by “front office” he doesn’t literally mean the office itself, right?

This front office is new and was not the front office when those other QBs were employed by the Bears.

Not sure you saw that news.

Its coach talk it doesn't matter who's the starting qb they'll say he's our guy.