The Future

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Need some help...1) are both Nagy and Pace's jobs at stake this coming season? 2) is it more likely they would both be fired or would one go and the other possibly stay? 3) If jobs are at stake, what would the Bears record have to be for either or both to keep their jobs?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Need some help...1) are both Nagy and Pace's jobs at stake this coming season? 2) is it more likely they would both be fired or would one go and the other possibly stay? 3) If jobs are at stake, what would the Bears record have to be for either or both to keep their jobs?
A little early to be betting futures. Put down the pipe.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Ryan McCaskey going no where

• Haha
Reactions: DC

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The record don't matter. I think they have to win a playoff game, maybe two if they start at WCW.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's to my understanding they're each under the last years of their respective contracts. Pace has to pull miracle moves as GM and Nagy needs to live up to what he was brought in for, improve the offense (using pieces provided by Pace).

I don't think they survive with 8-8, 9-7. I think winning playoff games is the bar. I don't see the team doing that.

trade 800 picks for Watson and finish 7-9 and miss the playoffs with the bogus new playoff seeding huh

PickSix

Liked Posts:
No one here knows the answers to such questions. Just wild ass guesses at this point.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
To me the hope is that the Mccaskeys are doing this so they don't have pay a buyout but are putting a leash on what Pace can do to wreck the future. If Pace gets lucky he stays, but probably he goes.

Unlikely that's what is happening though. Decent chance they will wreck the franchise for a few years this offseason.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Both Nagy and Pace have a few more years. We haven't even been fed the "Virginia is PISSED" bullshit from the front office yet. They can milk that for a year or two before having to do anything.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What they do with the QB position will show us how hot their seats actually are.

Luke

Liked Posts:
To me the hope is that the Mccaskeys are doing this so they don't have pay a buyout but are putting a leash on what Pace can do to wreck the future. If Pace gets lucky he stays, but probably he goes.

Unlikely that's what is happening though. Decent chance they will wreck the franchise for a few years this offseason.

I think I remember Pace using the word 'responsible' when talking about free agents and/or contracts when he spoke at the y/e presser.
If that's the case, there is a chance that he may have some sort of leash on what he can do.
One would then have to assume that he may be limited by trading away future draft picks as well.
Does anyone else recall that?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think I remember Pace using the word 'responsible' when talking about free agents and/or contracts when he spoke at the y/e presser.
If that's the case, there is a chance that he may have some sort of leash on what he can do.
One would then have to assume that he may be limited by trading away future draft picks as well.
Does anyone else recall that?
I don't. To me, parsing words from a press conference usually doesn't tell us much unless it's a direct declarative statement.

'Responsible' can mean a lot of different things.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I don't. To me, parsing words from a press conference usually doesn't tell us much unless it's a direct declarative statement.

'Responsible' can mean a lot of different things.

Well, he didn't have to use 'responsible' at all which he really never has been in the past.
But I agree, it probably doesn't mean jack.
However, I do believe that they only kept everyone to avoid the $20mil buyouts .
Like you, I hope that their is some sort of leash that keeps Pace from crippling the franchise for the next few seasons just to save his ass for 2022.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This thread would have been better if you spelled stake like steak.

• Haha
Reactions: chi