The interception

Visionman

Liked Posts:
LOL, Yeah okay
Not only did Foles just toss it up and hope, but he did it when he was already outside the pocket and could have just tossed it oob. It wasn’t a 3rd or 4th down either. Live for the next play.

Plus the situation. The defense had just given them the ball in FG range. At minimum, it should have been 3 points for a 2 score lead. Even a sack would have given a chance at a long FG...if they weren’t able to convert. A quick turnover could have deflated the entire team there. Lucky it didn’t.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The OL was worse than horrible on that play. But a veteran QB should not freak out and just throw a 500 ball like that.
Shit wasn't even 50/50. I think he was trying to hit the guy under the DB and ended up just airmailing it.

Cutleresque.
I posted this before but Foles threw to guy that had beat his coverage. The LB that was covering Kmet, underneath in the flat, dropped off and came under to make the pick. It was an error by Foles but nothing like the blindly throwing into coverage as is being described in this thread. He didn't pick up that Chinn had left Kmet so it was a genuine mistake but it's the sort of play Foles pulls off all the time. This is who he's always been and it's not going to change. Obviously, I don't like picks but this is part of the Foles risk/reward equation. If he gets too conservative, he wont be effective enough.

about 7:40 in this vid.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Donald is dominating early Id be for pulling Foles and putting in Mitch til the 2nd half. Tire Donald out a bit and save Foles. Play to win the season not lose Foles for the season. Knowing Nagy Miller will get snaps under center on 3rd and 1.

Many coaching staffs have undoubtedly tried to "tire" Aaron Donald out and it doesn't happen. It especially won't happen b/c we have super secret weapon (And world class athlete) Mitchell Trubisky behind center.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I swear I thought this was a joke the first time I saw this. How the fuck does the entire offensive line get beat like that? And how the hell are you supposed to do anything offensively when your OL is getting whooped like that against the Carolina Panthers. Aaron Donald might actually kill Nick Foles View attachment 7787

I know we already talked about this play in a couple other threads and found out that this was the play he threw the ball up for the INT but did we ever figure out if it was supposed to be a screen pass?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I swear I thought this was a joke the first time I saw this. How the fuck does the entire offensive line get beat like that? And how the hell are you supposed to do anything offensively when your OL is getting whooped like that against the Carolina Panthers. Aaron Donald might actually kill Nick Foles View attachment 7787

Laughable. My guess is this was a broken play. It had to have been.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How the hell didn’t he just throw it out of bounds?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I posted this before but Foles threw to guy that had beat his coverage. The LB that was covering Kmet, underneath in the flat, dropped off and came under to make the pick. It was an error by Foles but nothing like the blindly throwing into coverage as is being described in this thread. He didn't pick up that Chinn had left Kmet so it was a genuine mistake but it's the sort of play Foles pulls off all the time. This is who he's always been and it's not going to change. Obviously, I don't like picks but this is part of the Foles risk/reward equation. If he gets too conservative, he wont be effective enough.

Never anything wrong with some common sense on this board. Thanks for giving us some Bearly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
exactly what I was thinking @dabears70

I'm not a good enough computer guy to go find these exact plays like some on here can do but be interested to know if it was. The Bears don't do many screen plays so it probably wasn't and was just a busted play of another kind but would still like to know cause that picture is absolutely ridiculous to look at for any o-line.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah with the entire DL chasing him, it is clear Foles is throwing to someone he thinks is open because it is hard to pick up Chinn was dropping back off of the flat route when you literally have the entire DL chasing you. Still should have thrown it away but not as terrible a mistake as it appears when first seeing it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not a good enough computer guy to go find these exact plays like some on here can do but be interested to know if it was. The Bears don't do many screen plays so it probably wasn't and was just a busted play of another kind but would still like to know cause that picture is absolutely ridiculous to look at for any o-line.

Bearly already posted the vid. It was not a screen play. The entire OL legitimately got beat on the play. The guy Foles is throwing to is actually open but Chinn who is on the WR in the flat looks at Foles and starts dropping back and basically runs from the flat to intercept the ball.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
A quick turnover could have deflated the entire team there. Lucky it didn’t.

Luck has nothing to do with and It didnt deflate the whole team because Foles is not Mitch . As I said previously everyones so focused on every single mistake Foles makes that they dont even notice the fact that we scored the next 2 possessions and we moved the ball well enough to have only one three and out the entire game .

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Damn it another thanks on a remy post. That's two in 1 minute. It's gonna be that kind of day...LOL

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Not a screen play - if you check the vid there is no receiver anywhere near where you would need them to be for any type of screen - its just a busted play. IT just looks like a bit like the line released to block upfield because of the scramble - instead of a completely collapsed pocket the DL funnels to their left to chase down Foles - and the entire OL is doing the "Aw shucks...that's not good" half-hearted walk to the QB they assume is about to get hammered.

Herb Gardner

Liked Posts:
The most amazing thing in this photo is Leno didn’t fall down for once!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You ready to admit pace fucked up only bringing in 1 offensive linemen this offseason?

As you get older you'll learn how to pay attention more if you try real hard. I've been talking about how bad the o-line since last year junior.

Pay attention to your elders son.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
As you get older you'll learn how to pay attention more if you try real hard. I've been talking about how bad the o-line since last year junior.

Pay attention to your elders son.
This doesn’t answer my question. Please try harder next time.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This doesn’t answer my question. Please try harder next time.

Awwwww westy, don't get mad that your R.Pace hate has you so blinded that you only see the posts i make that i say positive things about Pace even though i've always brought up the bad Pace has done. Just because you hate every single thing Pace has done and i understand he's done a ton of good and definitely more good then bad doesn't mean you should get angry with me about it. You aren't the only one that only sees the good posts i make about Pace but somehow glosses right over any of the posts that i agree he made the wrong choice. It's the strong hate you guys have for Pace that makes you not see that there's plenty of posts i've made about moves Pace has made that i didn't care for. Like you asking me if i think Pace has done a bad job with the o-line when i've been saying he has for 2 years now. Like the A.Shaheen pick, like how i hate that he's always trading draft picks, like the Trubisky pick over the other 2 and so on. It's all there to see if you just let some of that Pace hate go. He hasn't done a bad job but has made some bad mistakes.

Poor little westy

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Awwwww westy, don't get mad that your R.Pace hate has you so blinded that you only see the posts i make that i say positive things about Pace even though i've always brought up the bad Pace has done. Just because you hate every single thing Pace has done and i understand he's done a ton of good and definitely more good then bad doesn't mean you should get angry with me about it. You aren't the only one that only sees the good posts i make about Pace but somehow glosses right over any of the posts that i agree he made the wrong choice. It's the strong hate you guys have for Pace that makes you not see that there's plenty of posts i've made about moves Pace has made that i didn't care for. Like you asking me if i think Pace has done a bad job with the o-line when i've been saying he has for 2 years now. Like the A.Shaheen pick, like how i hate that he's always trading draft picks, like the Trubisky pick over the other 2 and so on. It's all there to see if you just let some of that Pace hate go. He hasn't done a bad job but has made some bad mistakes.

Poor little westy
I see you don’t know what paragraphs AND good GMs are.