The Jeffery Deception

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I fixed the image some more, I darkened the hand and added the other arm to the glasses next to the hand then re-uploaded the image. What do you guys think?

It's good. Nice work.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Saw this and loved the critical thinking required to run a real offense. Although the whole time I was thinking, "Why the hell would you be revealing this to the public where another team can take advantage of it?" This is like playing poker and announcing to the table that you sometimes bluff.
This is every day stuff. It's all about finding tendencies in the defense. That's why you see fakes all the time even when they never run the play. Depending on how the defense reacts on a play may determine if the play is run later.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I fixed the image some more, I darkened the hand and added the other arm to the glasses next to the hand then re-uploaded the image. What do you guys think?

I like it. It is a very suitable image for use here and elsewhere. It is my hope that it takes to 4chan as well.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fairly standard stuff that most NFL teams are using. I guess it would be a big improvement over deli-man's Randy-Ratio type offense.

Read option is actually just a build off of that basic concept. The only difference would be the QB has to key one defender and determine what to do with the ball based on what that defender does.

Essentially if the QB picks correctly the defender takes himself out of the play.

You realize we're all basically cavemen when it comes to seeing an actual NFL offense being run, right?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This is every day stuff. It's all about finding tendencies in the defense. That's why you see fakes all the time even when they never run the play. Depending on how the defense reacts on a play may determine if the play is run later.

I'd say it's also calling plays that have an evolution to them. It has certain tells that the defense adapts too. Unfortunatly knowing where they will adapt is identifying another weakness and looks to take advantage.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You realize we're all basically cavemen when it comes to seeing an actual NFL offense being run, right?

1198.gif

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I'd say it's also calling plays that have an evolution to them. It has certain tells that the defense adapts too. Unfortunatly knowing where they will adapt is identifying another weakness and looks to take advantage.
I agree, and prior to the season, I read that Tress actually will run plays specifically to set up a defense. He's like to make a defense think he will run a play, get them to think it's coming, and then hit them with something else for a big play. Definitely, refreshing from the 10 different bubble screen options to Hester with the highly tricky Garrett Wolfe dive play thrown in.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why the hell are videos on that site never compatible with firefox?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I am forced to using chrome on that site because of the ad blocking add on I have on firefox.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's important is that there's no tells. Not much you can do at end but prevent the big play and hope somebody else covers the inside.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
It's the security settings that come enabled with firefox. I forget which one to uncheck as I'm on a lappy right w/o FF, but I think it's 'cross browser' something or other that thinks someone's jackin your shit.

AuCN

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last time the reverse was run and actually handed off to Jeffries (I think), it was sniffed out. They got some good mileage out of that though.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The last time the reverse was run and actually handed off to Jeffries (I think), it was sniffed out. They got some good mileage out of that though.
Some reverses are somewhat like a fake punt from centerfield. When it works it looks great. When it fails it's the worst play the coach could have called.

The way the Bears ran it and different formations from it was real good, but if you go to the well too much it will get sniffed out for a 7+ yard loss.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They probably hoped that the end would start guessing again after the play was run away from him a few times.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
It makes me wonder...is it worth it to try one of those hester end around trick plays that everyone here loves so much?

Now that we have an Oline capable of executing a play I mean, it might be worth it to revisit that old experiment once more sometime down the line

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some reverses are somewhat like a fake punt from centerfield. When it works it looks great. When it fails it's the worst play the coach could have called.

The way the Bears ran it and different formations from it was real good, but if you go to the well too much it will get sniffed out for a 7+ yard loss.

Well, I have always been a fan of "if it keeps working, run it till they prove they can stop it." However I don't mean Ron Turneresque play calling of back to back....

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Heh, sorry if I'm not always spot on with my terminology. I never played the game competitively.

Not so much you but Thayer. He should know the difference.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I keep wondering this too when I see these. Is this the best they got?

That's the Halas Hall media room, Tom Waddle has mentioned before its essentially a closet.

An interesting aspect unmentioned is how they used Jeffery in that end around week 1, where they had a play action fake and passed to him wide open for a 10 yarder. The Vikings had to have that on tape to worry about to. Lots of looks from the same style.

Fucking A on Tapatalk