The Josh Allen hype

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He is the most overrated potential #1 overall prospect I have ever seen.

He legit couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. He can throw it real hard tho!

Someone tell Aaron Lemming for me.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
The ultimate scenario is that the Bears are picking in the top 3 again and already having Mitch as the heir apparent they get some QB starved team to trade up and the Bears get a bounty of picks in return.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The ultimate scenario is that the Bears are picking in the top 3 again and already having Mitch as the heir apparent they get some QB starved team to trade up and the Bears get a bounty of picks in return.

You really want to go through another of those seasons to get top 3 pick? Fuck that.

Josh Allen sucks btw. Almost pick 6.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really want to go through another of those seasons to get top 3 pick? Fuck that.

I'd rather that than a 7-9 season as long as Mitch is improving and getting better.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:

Not that I want to go through another season like that but the team isn't constructed any other way currently. The defense should be better, but the offense will have a hard time doing anything against teams that stop the run well. Eventually the defense will wear down each game, and if the Bears get behind early, they don't have any way to stretch the field and put up points quickly.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is the most overrated potential #1 overall prospect I have ever seen.

GettyImages-603569422.0.jpg

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Not that I want to go through another season like that but the team isn't constructed any other way currently. The defense should be better, but the offense will have a hard time doing anything against teams that stop the run well. Eventually the defense will wear down each game, and if the Bears get behind early, they don't have any way to stretch the field and put up points quickly.

the team is all-around better and deeper than it was a season ago. as long as we stay even a fraction of a percent healthier than last year, there's going to be some considerable improvement.

the D is better, as you said...and i dont think the preseason is indicative of how glennon and the running game will perform once the games count. loggains' ball control offense with 70/30 runs and glennon moving and spreading the ball like hoyer, we're definitely gonna be better than 3 wins.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Darnold goes before him but both go early. Cold be a lot of QBs in one next year.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Darnold goes before him but both go early. Cold be a lot of QBs in one next year.

If Mahomes can get drafted in the top 10, Allen can certainly be a top 3 pick.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Look at Allen's stats from last year (and his poor performance today). Inaccurate, inconsistent, and prone to turnovers. Not exactly what you're looking for in a qb.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
#TankingForAllen?

Washington

Liked Posts:
:facepalm::shot::smh::eek::bizarro::bizarro:Not this again, we just finished this...

Agreed - But many said there were no QBs that should be drafted in the 1st in 2017 and there were multiple can't miss locks at QB in 2018. We've had around 300 "Should we start or sit Mitch" threads, so a re-focus is a nice change.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I was at his game last year against Nebraska and it was the worst quarterbacked game I've ever seen live. He turned the ball over 6 times and was just useless. He has poor accuracy and wont cut it in the NFL.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bottom line of this thread is that OP got way too emotional over one game and pegged the QB as a bust because of it.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was not very impressed today by him, but what do you expect when you're playing the vaunted Iowa D? :lol:

napo55

Liked Posts:
Look at his performance last year. Not impressive based on low completion percentage and Ints. Not just this one game.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Wait until this college season plays out. This time a year ago, Brad Kaaya was being hyped as a likely top pick. Ended up getting drafted in the late 6th round.