dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We haven't talked about this in 10 other threads yet this week.

Can someone make a week 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and hopefully playoffs "our o-line sucks" threads please? Might as well just get them all out of the way.

The o-line fucking sucks people and the whole world knows it. Pace used up the money on defense and 2 bad tackles and other areas so what defensive players that have big contract are you guys ready to give up to get some real o-line help in here?

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Credit to Foles he gets the ball out fast, I don't think he has more than 3 seconds though. It's 'OK' but I can't remember a game he had a clean pocket, maybe Atlanta.

RE: Jaun we were running the ball marginally well the first three weeks. Indy and Tampa, I mean ok I can see them shutting down the run but Carolina? lol WTF is going on! Losing JD can't have that big of an impact, c'mon

But Castillo wasn't in Charlotte due to quarantine protocol. Could that have mattered in the OL's performance?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
I think this has to be the focal point moving into next season. Roll with foles and maybe even trubisky as a back up and go OL round 1 and maybe round 2 unless one of the top QB’s happens to be there.

The line needs some serious investment. Ifedi has looked much better than I thought he would but the tackles are meh, and whitehair has been not good. Idk what happened to him considering he looked good in year 1-2.

At this point I don’t see why spriggs doesn’t get some playing time unless he’s actually that bad.

He's that bad.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Can someone make a week 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and hopefully playoffs "our o-line sucks" threads please? Might as well just get them all out of the way.

The o-line fucking sucks people and the whole world knows it. Pace used up the money on defense and 2 bad tackles and other areas so what defensive players that have big contract are you guys ready to give up to get some real o-line help in here?
Your idol is fucking trash. There isn't enough threads in the world dedicated to how far back he set this franchise.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If they think they have a chance this year; then trading for an elite olineman in the next 2 weeks makes a ton of sense (schreff/norwell) and getting them to resign helps as we need to sign and least 1 oline and draft 1 oline high this off-season anyways.

Time to forget about the existing players draft status and go get actual good players no matter the position or the cost.

You can go ahead and get that pipe dream outta your head.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Castillo came to us with an impressive resume, especially of producing good to very good running games.

This begs the question: if a proven OL coach was hired and the running game still struggles, what - or rather who - remained unchanged? ... Yep, the OC(HC). We are on our 2nd OL coach (who's track record should bring positive results) and our 2nd "assistant" OC, but the HC and "head" OC is the same...

At what point does it become obvious where the problem lies?

It is obvious.

The OL sucks.

You can’t call an offense when your front is getting ass whooped.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jimmy Graham
Charles Leno
Bobbie Massie

It also looks like we shouldn’t have signed Robert Quinn.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pace also extended 3 of the 5. In his defense Leno was coming off an OK season and Massie was serviceable. I could also justify the Cody W extension. Regardless, these are his guys and they are underperforming. He knew what they were capable of and willingly signed them up for more time.
Wasn’t Leno one of the few Emery holdovers?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Maybe you should put the thread on ignore

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Once Nagy was hired I want to say the only holdovers were Leno, Long, Fuller, and I want to say Sherrick McManus.

I'm not disagreeing with that post though - Pace was the one that signed him again, so he did marry himself to Leno.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
But did you guys hear about this strong safety prospect the bears should totally draft in round 2!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Once Nagy was hired I want to say the only holdovers were Leno, Long, Fuller, and I want to say Sherrick McManus.

I'm not disagreeing with that post though - Pace was the one that signed him again, so he did marry himself to Leno.
Also Jeffrey if you count guys he didn't resign.

Leno was fine until 2019 when he fell off a cliff. Strange, that should be when an OT hits his peak.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
watching leno fall down reminds me of the good old days with webb...actually webb is prob better than leno, at least he butt blocked people instead of letting them through

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mega punt and Long were Emery guys too.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Graham
Charles Leno
Bobbie Massie

It also looks like we shouldn’t have signed Robert Quinn.
I don’t know if I agree with you on Quinn. I read somewhere that he is getting a lot of pressures ( which opens sacks, INTs, etc). Not sure if that’s accurate, but yeah, if those don’t translate to sacks soon, may have been an overpay.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Quinn created the Mack sack. He also created the Int on the final play forcing Teddy to let it go early. His stunt on the 2nd play of the game was a thing of beauty. It gave Nichols the room to loop around for the first sack of the game. Quinn is fine. Windy's narrative Is not.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep posted the stats last week. OL as a whole sucks.
Would indicate that the right side is average except maybe they would grade worse if the left side's guys didn't get here 1st, LOL.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I want to be positive and patient before criticizing the O-Line but I can't defense the rushing performance we had against the leagues worse rushing D. On top of that we allowed 9 qB pressures. What we are doing simply isn't working.

I really want to give Artavius Pierce a few touches. I know what Patterson and even Nall have to offer and neither are a good compliment to Monty. Pierce on the other hand may be able to offer a burst through the tackles abd be a slight change of pace.