The Last Dance - Matt Forte & Bears Drama

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The problem is that nearly all RBs are treated in this manner, and that is terrible. The position takes a toll on your body very quickly and it is hard to get a deal beyond your rookie contract.

Matt was essentially the entire offense for several years, but he made essentially no "football" money.

I don't blame him for being bitter.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Didn’t they sign Michael Bush to more money than him too? Yea he deserved to be pissy about those shitty GMs...

BUT Lovie deserved to get fired for his offensive coaching hires. That 2012 10-6 team could’ve had a first round bye had he picked literally anyone other than Mike Tice as OC.
50 ints and FF that year... for clarity, 2018 had 45 total. that’s insane

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know fans were upset with Pace for not extending Forte but at least he doesn't lie to players. It was a situation where you wouldn't offer a thank you value to a player during a complete rebuild and would appear insulting. Never pretty to lose a great vet like that but it was better to move on.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How is this drama? He's not on the team anymore, nor is 54, 55, or 33. Jerry and Phil are long gone as well. What a misleading thread title.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I don't recall Briggs or Tillman being mistreated really. Briggs played longer than he should have and we moved on from Tillman, but I don't recall any hard feelings. Can't remember though. He played 12 seasons for CHI and one (short) for CAR.

Urlacher was kind of a sticky mess because of that injury (Conte) in a meaningless game. He was the face of the team.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
How is this drama? He's not on the team anymore, nor is 54, 55, or 33. Jerry and Phil are long gone as well. What a misleading thread title.
I could be wrong, but I think Briggs wanted a new contract when he still had multiple years left on his deal. His deal was front loaded, so he wanted a new deal that paid more.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Not a fair comparison because the nfl has a hard salary cap so there’s a real need to spend money wisely

Don’t believe with those bulls it would have been anything besides a bigger luxury tax bill

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody offered Urlacher more money. The Bears were his highest and best offer. He didn't take it and retired. Olin Kruetz thought the Bears were low balling him as well. He signed for less $ with the Saints and then retired 1/2 way through the season b/c his play was shit and he wasn't worth the $ he was signed to.

Moral of the story. 99% of the the time pro sport "employees" think they are untouchable and worth way more than they really are. Sad but true.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't recall Briggs or Tillman being mistreated really. Briggs played longer than he should have and we moved on from Tillman, but I don't recall any hard feelings. Can't remember though. He played 12 seasons for CHI and one (short) for CAR.

Urlacher was kind of a sticky mess because of that injury (Conte) in a meaningless game. He was the face of the team.
Briggs got thaf franchise and rekt his lambo...he was bitter said he'd never play as a bear again....bla bla.. He went into unrestricted FA and was not offered shit and limped back to the Bears.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda funny that the board defends management now after a former player complains, but I remember how there were so many saying worse things than what Forte said.

And for the record 54 was not treated fairly. The amount was ok, but not the way it was delivered.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda funny that the board defends management now after a former player complains, but I remember how there were so many saying worse things than what Forte said.

And for the record 54 was not treated fairly. The amount was ok, but not the way it was delivered.
How was that? Those are the details I cannot remember.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Major Wright fucked up Urlacher

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
How was that? Those are the details I cannot remember.

Pretty sure the Bears announced it on twitter before someone actually told him or something?

Hard to believe that was already a while ago

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Pretty sure the Bears announced it on twitter before someone actually told him or something?

Hard to believe that was already a while ago

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So frustrating to watch again and all of the hurt feelings. So many of these issues could be solved by getting them into a room and actually talking it out. It drives me crazy

Yeah, it's like the agent is designed to take the emotion out of it among many other things but everyone loses sight of relationships. At the end of the day though, the smart move is to move on but it sucks watching all these lifer players have to suit up for another team out of desperation.